Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Crashing

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Probably because you don't know why you crashed?
    Or your just chicken

Bike
    03 Hornet 900, 08 Daytona 675 race bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    So, they learn a limitation then? Ya know, where something needs to change to go faster, or that nothing can be changed and not to go that fast.

No one would crash if they could progress in perfectly even increments, and take a corner exactly the same every time. But since there are too many variables I think that is impossible.
    It's proved impossible for me thats for sure !!
    3 out of the 5 crashes I know what happened (I panicked basically) I might be able to fix that with practice - The other 2 I have no clue, I thought things were going great - right up till I was on my arse (or head) !! I still don't know for sure what I did wrong - I don't think it was going to fast, I was dicing for 25th place !!
    Looking forward to tomorrow though, to do a few laps (without crashing I hope )

I agree that crashing is almost inevitable doing this shit, but I don't think it should be a goal !!
    "You never understood that it ain't no good, you shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" - Bob Dylan

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by wharfy View Post

I agree that crashing is almost inevitable doing this shit, but I don't think it should be a goal !!
    I've never seen it as a goal that's for sure! To go faster than every other cunt was my goal. Just took a bit of crashing to sort it out.

Bike
    tzrw 06zx10r ktm300mx
    Quote Originally Posted by gixerracer View Post
    Or your just chicken
    not chicken i just have a healthy respect for falling off and try noy to do it as much as posibile . and next time ill try not to fall under anther bike .learnt that last time

Bike
    1998 HSV Senator
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    What are racer's thoughts about crashing ?

How often is too little or too much ?

I know what Drew and Mr Shirriff's thoughts are on the matter......ya carnts !!

I mean, I try pretty damn hard and get some good results.....better than average anyway.

But I haven't crashed in the whole time I've been racing (4 years). I've had a few bins riding on the road (no major's - very badly sprained/bruised foot was the worst)

Oh hang on - I crashed a bucket (AJ's Christine) at the slipway......doing all of about 20kph. Does that count ? "Everyone" crashed Christine.

I've run off the race track 3 times at high speed. Two of those I could have seriously farked myself up, and I've had a lot of other small moments.

I never used to buy into the "you need to crash to find the bikes limits", or "if you're not crashing, you're not pushing hard enough".

I prefered to find the limits at a slightly slower rate and rely on feedback from the bike to let me know when its about to let go. But I have been recently reassessing that philosophy.

So what are your thoughts ?

p.s. This is a bit of a larf really so don't take any of it too seriously.

Hi Deano - If you do happen to crash tomorrow, I hope you don't get hurt, but can you do it in front of me so I can get some good pics. - I need some more good stuff for my portfolio.

Muz.

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Well, I came damn close to highsiding big time out of Dunlop in qualifying, but it seems no one saw it.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Keep trying it'll happen !

Bike
    L1 GSXR 1000
    Actually, I think he needs to try harder!

Bike
    CBR150 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by iSPEED View Post
    Hi Deano - If you do happen to crash tomorrow, I hope you don't get hurt, but can you do it in front of me so I can get some good pics. - I need some more good stuff for my portfolio.

Muz.
    Maate.
    Outstanding snaps again.

Bike
    1998 HSV Senator
    Quote Originally Posted by Clivoris View Post
    Maate.
    Outstanding snaps again.
    I guess I should put up the link for people to look at.... stimpy.smugmug.com, navigate to motorsport....
    As stated on the site - I'm in it for the Photography, not the money, use my images if you find them pleasing. My favourite charity is the SPCA - send them a donation if you feel the uncontrollable urge to pay for them.
    Murray.

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Quote Originally Posted by iSPEED View Post
    I guess I should put up the link for people to look at.... stimpy.smugmug.com, navigate to motorsport....
    As stated on the site - I'm in it for the Photography, not the money, use my images if you find them pleasing. My favourite charity is the SPCA - send them a donation if you feel the uncontrollable urge to pay for them.
    Murray.
    Thats awesome bro and so are the photos.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Thread Information