Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plug for Cycleworks

Bike
    1986 honda vfr 750f, dr650 tardish

Plug for Cycleworks

OK picked up my new exhaust yesterday from these guys and I must say Im very pleased with the product.
    I cant justify spending heaps on an old bike like mine so I was hopeing to either build my own again or get a second hand pair of mufflers. I gave cycle works a ring just to price it out and at 300$ for a new pair of cans I had to go for it. At that price I just cant build a set nor would I bother with second hand.
    Originally I was told 350$ but they reduced the price because all of my old parts could be used (brackets, clamps, end cap, internals and my own packing)
    Buggered if they didnt just provide all that anyway. I now have new cans ready just to slip on.
    When I first rang I wasnt too sure as thier phone skills leave a little bit to be desired. But thier ability to talk wasnt why I rang them.
    All in all a good price for a very nice product built on time. Recommended
    Cycleworks Motorcycle Exhausts

168 Eastern Hutt Rd Lower Hutt Wellington
    0-4-939 2925
    dont break your cake

Bike
    99 zx6r

Talking

hi,met the guy who owns/runs this business(on the ferry to picton a few months back) and he was a top bloke,also seemed to know what he was talking about.
    my drinking team has a racing problem

Bike
    Suzuki gsx 600F
    Do they have an email addr ? I'm ...eeehhh ... Not in wellington but would like a quote anyways. Might ride down there with it ...
    Now the past is over but you are not alone
    Together we'll fight Sylvester Stallone
    We will not be dragged down in his South China Sea
    of macho bullshit and mediocrity

Bike
    A black one
    Tell you what: he must be a genius if he's able to produce something that Bad L's this delighted with. This is not a man to settle for anything less than he can produce himself, given the time and tools (and Bad's very, very handy given those).
    You should have seen the massive cheesy grin on his phizzog, and the way he waved them around for hours and hours afterwards..!
    Good effort, chaps.

Bike
    A black one
    No, I don't think they're on the net as Mr. L tried to find them that way at first. I could be wrong (I hope) and they may have an email addy, but I'm sure we can rustle up a phone number at least..!

Bike
    Suzuki gsx 600F
    Quote Originally Posted by jazbug5
    ....... can rustle up a phone number at least..!
    Found it thanks , will give them (and a few other places) a call tomorrow. I so want nice pipes

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, Cycleworks are great.

Damon straightened my triple clamps for me when I stacked my fizzer into a boat trailer last year.

Nice guy to talk to, and there's usually some interesting Pre '89 bikes getting tweaked whenever I go over there.

He also sells race stands as well. Not as big a mark up on his stuff as some bike shops.

And Cycleworks mufflers sound good too.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    I liked the GN250 with the evil pipe
    dont break your cake

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I built my own stainless muffler/loudener, and the only thing that cost was having them welded together. I could have done that myself as well if I had got some stainless wire for my mig. Go to a scrap dealer and buy some stainless pipe, get a meter of two inch perferated pipe( cost $40) some elbow grease and time to chop it all the length you need, stuff it full of pink batts, and its time to rock and roll. anyone in Welle wants some help, PM me and I am happy to be of service. I wiil see if I can put a picture on here

Bike
    Exxon Valdez

here is the can

Not a great photo, but I only have a pxt phone to use.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my can.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	11177  

Bike
    My previous mufflers were all home made as well. I used alloy tubing and fibre glass packing. Worked well. But when I added up the cost :alloy tubing pref tubing, packing welding for end caps, clamps and then the time to find all of this in a town Im not too familiar with ........it was easier to pay for them
    dont break your cake

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I wanted to use alluminium, but since I get the tubing for free, begers can't be choosers and all that. I made two of them, and it should have cost $170 for the pair. But sinse I only paid for the perf tube, it was moocho cheapness.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by FIZZERMAN
    I wanted to use alluminium, but since I get the tubing for free, begers can't be choosers and all that. I made two of them, and it should have cost $170 for the pair. But sinse I only paid for the perf tube, it was moocho cheapness.
    ahh you can see then why I thought cycleworks was a good deal. I would have paid 170$ and still not have had them built, throw in the time that I could be working to get them made and...............easier to pay cycleworks.
    Made nice noises going thru the vic tunnel. When people started to beep thier horns Id give a bit of throttle and drown them out V4 echos sound good
    dont break your cake

Bike
    Suzuki gsx 600F
    So if i was to get my hands on some mufflers like the attached would they be good for a xv500 ? Is there anything i should worry about ? And I'd run it to a problem with the header pipes as they would be to short. I would have to get some pipes made to connect the mufflers to the header pipes. I'm thinking an engineering shop would cut and bend it easy and i could most likely get them to weld them too ? But what pipe to use ? anything i should look out for ?

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer
    And Cycleworks mufflers sound good too.
    I can second that!
    I had Cyclework 'mufflers' on the XBR500RS Mutant.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Thread Information