Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yee Haa, Im finally legal!!

Bike
    Goose

Yee Haa, Im finally legal!!

Well I did my theory test at the AA this morning, and passed!! Mananged to fluke it and get all of the questions correct, Im stoked! Now I dont have to ride around "illegally"
    Cheers to all those people that pm-ed me with support and advice etc its really helped make the process heaps easier
    Now all I have to do is wait for my bike to arrive!! . . . .
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    CONGRATS
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    justsomebike
    Welcome welcome welcome - to the world of semi legal riding....... semi legal cos all the learners I know don't have L-plates or keep to the "please run me over" 70kmph limit.

Hey first off - what kind of a bike would you like to get eventually??

Cos if you are a speed freak like most of us DO NOT GET A GN250....like it says in your profile.

Buy something like a CBR or ZXR.

AND EXERCISE SELF CONTROL. The same control that stops you from running accross motorways or jumping off tall buildings - until you feel comfortable pushing it a bit harder.

Cos as a newbie rider, I regret not having gone for the CBR/ZXR in the first place. Can't afford to upgrade now so am stuck with it.

Unless you are rich enough to buy and then sell and then upgrade. For you should be bored with the GN250 in a month. Don;t worry about things like mechanical know how cos you got 2000+ brothers and sisters here to help you.

My 2c.....

........ and oh yeah, lest we forget

Congrats

Bike
    none
    Thought this was about something else...

Anyway a big congrats!! Have yourself a to celebrate. Or even better go for a . Revel in your legality.

Only 1pm and allready sound like I'm drunk...

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Bike
    justsomebike
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander
    Only 1pm and allready sound like I'm drunk...
    Aren't you always......

Come on you wellingtonians - organise a little ride or perhaps shopping expedition for dear Str8 Jacket will ya's........

Bike
    Aquired by locals
    Congrats mate
    To every man upon this earth
    Death cometh sooner or late
    And how can a man die better
    Than facing fearful odds
    For the ashes of his fathers
    And the temples of his Gods

Bike
    Goldwing GL1800
    Congrats !!!!!! WELL DONE

feels good ay that first legal ride you look for cops to pull you over just to produce that bit of paper .... here you go officer im legal as
    putt putt

Bike
    2/3 of a zxr :(
    Congrats, its a proud moment for anyone. Sadly i have never been pulled up...so neva had any use for the licence, i like the pic better on the new card tho, i guess thats something

Bike
    2/3 of a zxr :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8 Jacket
    Mananged to fluke it and get all of the questions correct, Im stoked!
    I got full marks on my one too, i use that with all the ladies, they love it

Bike
    A black one
    Congrats! When does the bike arrive?

Bike
    big gay1 that I am not licenced to use
    Mint, nothing wrong with the gn - remember if you drop a cbr/zxr you will be paying mrga bucks to repair them - where as the gn will still be in one piece

congratulations and keep us informed!

Bike
    Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by jazbug5
    Congrats! When does the bike arrive?
    Cheers, my bike should hopefully be here in 3 weeks or less. I have the date that it should arrive by bolded on my calender, that date is the 18th, so fingers crossed I will have it by then!! Look out Wellington, is all I can say!!

JSM - Cheers, but being the good Govt worker that I am, and especially since I work indirectly with collections of fines then I am gonna try my best to keep it legal - its not worth risking my job, but then again . . .

Bike
    Honda CBR400RR
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy
    Welcome welcome welcome - to the world of semi legal riding....... semi legal cos all the learners I know don't have L-plates or keep to the "please run me over" 70kmph limit.

Cos if you are a speed freak like most of us DO NOT GET A GN250....like it says in your profile.

Buy something like a CBR or ZXR.

AND EXERCISE SELF CONTROL. The same control that stops you from running accross motorways or jumping off tall buildings - until you feel comfortable pushing it a bit harder.

Cos as a newbie rider, I regret not having gone for the CBR/ZXR in the first place. Can't afford to upgrade now so am stuck with it.

Unless you are rich enough to buy and then sell and then upgrade. For you should be bored with the GN250 in a month. Don;t worry about things like mechanical know how cos you got 2000+ brothers and sisters here to help you.
    Firstly CONGRATULATIONS!!

Secondly, Don't anyone go giving her any idea's, cause SHE NEEDS TO SLOW DOWN (her tutor that took her thru her CBTA will agree!! ) or she is gonna end up with a shit load of tickets! :-p In fact, are you sure your a newbie Hell's, cause you sure scared the fuck outta me in the weekend!

Thirdly, She is going to buy my bike of me, just as soon as she's legal, aye Hell's
    Last edited by Maximus; 31st May 2005 at 08:22. Reason: Spelling
    Boredom, the root of all evil!

Bike
    Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus
    Secondly, Don't anyone go giving her any idea's, cause SHE NEEDS TO SLOW DOWN (her tutor that took her thru her CBTA will agree!! ) or she is gonna end up with a shit load of tickets! :-p In fact, are you sure your a newbie Hell's, cause you sure scared the fuck outta me in the weekend!

Thirdly, She is going to buy my bike of me, just as soon as she's legal, aye Hell's
    hehe, yea just about gave myself the shits on Sunday too, you dont have to tell me twice to slow down!!

And well, if ya want me to buy ya bike then you best be nice to me!

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8 Jacket
    Cheers, my bike should hopefully be here in 3 weeks or less. I have the date that it should arrive by bolded on my calender, that date is the 18th, so fingers crossed I will have it by then!! Look out Wellington, is all I can say!!
    GNs are a good choice. Simple to work on, economical, lightweight and dispite what some here think fun. There are a few around my neck of the woods and the owners seem quite happy with them.

Thread Information