Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove the facebook link!

Bike
    Kawasaki Drifter 800cc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    On my little screen at home the FB button ends up parked over the username box, on the bigger screen at work it's beside it, so it appears to be a screen placement thing rather than compelling you to log in via facebook.
    Like I said, do we need a big screen TV to log in now...my computer screen is already 19" WTF...I am not buying a new computer screen just to log in to KB!
    Live Love Laugh
    my fitness page

Bike
    Sportster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    On my little screen at home the FB button ends up parked over the username box, on the bigger screen at work it's beside it, so it appears to be a screen placement thing rather than compelling you to log in via facebook.
    Yep thats right. I only have the facebook thing over my log in button if I resize my browser.
    I am using Chrome
    Screen Resolution 1280X1024.

Must be the way it is coded.

Bike
    Eurotrash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownbabe View Post
    Like I said, do we need a big screen TV to log in now...my computer screen is already 19" WTF...I am not buying a new computer screen just to log in to KB!
    How much is your browser zoomed in? I'm on a 10 inch netbook and the facebook button is to the left of the login fields

Bike
    Sportster
    Blog Entries
    Ok, I just played around a little more with this.
    The facebook button does not cover the login on Chrome, Opera or IE8.
    It doesn't matter what my screen resolution is 800x600 or 1280x1024.

Even zooming the browser (didn't know you could do that LOL) the button was not over the login.
    What version IE are you using?

Bike
    Goose
    I shouldn't have to do that! I don't WANT TO log in with facebook
    Sorry, meant to say if you do it that way you WONT have to log in with FB....

Bike
    Kawasaki Drifter 800cc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wysper View Post
    Ok, I just played around a little more with this.
    The facebook button does not cover the login on Chrome, Opera or IE8.
    It doesn't matter what my screen resolution is 800x600 or 1280x1024.

Even zooming the browser (didn't know you could do that LOL) the button was not over the login.
    What version IE are you using?
    Well, now the printing is so small I need binoculers to read what I am typing. Why not just add a button like the reply button or something
    Live Love Laugh
    my fitness page

Bike
    Honda CBF250
    you do not need a bigger screen. When you are on internet with explorer just hold control and scroll towards you with the mouse (if you have a scroll wheel) it will decrease the size of the fonts and might just fix this problem. otherwise this option is available through the option in the top of IE.
    Or as it was mentioned before, adjust the screen resolution to one that you're comfortable with, while still being small enough for the facebook thing not to be on top of the login things..
    Life is just too damn short for if's and maybe's..

Bike
    Kawasaki Drifter 800cc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neshi View Post
    you do not need a bigger screen. When you are on internet with explorer just hold control and scroll towards you with the mouse (if you have a scroll wheel) it will decrease the size of the fonts and might just fix this problem. otherwise this option is available through the option in the top of IE.
    Or as it was mentioned before, adjust the screen resolution to one that you're comfortable with, while still being small enough for the facebook thing not to be on top of the login things..
    I did that and the font is too small...and the stupid facebook logo is still there hangin around like a ghost. Now its over the notifications button...Argh! If I zoom out and change the resolution I can't read wtf is written without having my nose to the screen...I already wear glasses! hulloooo!
    Live Love Laugh
    my fitness page

Bike
    ST4s-V11 Cafe Sport
    Does this on mine but if i click in the log in bar before the facebook icon covers it, I can then ignore the FB part and backspace to clear the KB window and just type in as per normal and it works fine........alternatively you can minimise the internet window using the screen ninmise (middle icon) and not the full minimise and then the FB icon does not cover the KB login window. Once logged in just maximise the screen again. I stay logged in so do not have to do this again.........

Bike
    Kawasaki Drifter 800cc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse1 View Post
    Does this on mine but if i click in the log in bar before the facebook icon covers it, I can then ignore the FB part and backspace to clear the KB window and just type in as per normal and it works fine........alternatively you can minimise the internet window using the screen ninmise (middle icon) and not the full minimise and then the FB icon does not cover the KB login window. Once logged in just maximise the screen again. I stay logged in so do not have to do this again.........

*SIGH* Why can't they just move the freakin button? Why do we have to play aound with resolutions and shit?
    Live Love Laugh
    my fitness page

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    I don't care where the button is, it's more a fact of why 'integrate' a working forum space with a dubious spam laden noise fest like facebook. I went to a lot of bother to shutdown my facebook cos I got sick of all the mindless friend requests and dubious mafia farming apps. Maybe we should start a kill facebook thread.

Bike
    ST4s-V11 Cafe Sport
    *SIGH* Why can't they just move the freakin button? Why do we have to play aound with resolutions and shit?
    To do what I outlined there is no mucking around with resolution. Just hit trhe middle button next to the "close" button in the top right hand corner of your screen. Then log in and hit the button again.

Bike
    Kawasaki Drifter 800cc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Eagle View Post
    I don't care where the button is, it's more a fact of why 'integrate' a working forum space with a dubious spam laden noise fest like facebook. I went to a lot of bother to shutdown my facebook cos I got sick of all the mindless friend requests and dubious mafia farming apps. Maybe we should start a kill facebook thread.
    I AGREE 100% Get rid of it all together!!!! If I want you on my facebook account I will invite you....
    Live Love Laugh
    my fitness page

Bike
    ST4s-V11 Cafe Sport
    Yep and I'm in agreeance with this too. FB was a noivelty at first and now its a right royal pain in the ass!

Bike
    Sportster
    Blog Entries
    Yep add me to the non integration list!
    Last edited by wysper; 5th July 2010 at 15:33. Reason: list not link dammit

Thread Information