Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Got a Pirelli Sport Demon as back tyre and I am very disappointed

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!

Thumbs up

Con, I took me old tyres to Drury Performance Centre and asked them to put them on the old ( totally refurbished rims) Mike refused and told me he was putting a Michelin Lasetech on the front and a battlax BT45 on the rear, having gone to Wellington and back in the last month in all sorts of weather I'd stick with this combination for a very long time, wet or dry mid corner or straight tye grip and they compliment each other beautifully. This is a combination that he has used on many older, heavier type bikes ( the coal burner is a 1981 XV Thou) and weighs a ton. I trust Mikes judgement and he didn't let me down, looked after me on the price to.
    Try that for a combo mate, It definitely works and as our bikes are comparable in year and weight I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigadee View Post
    Noob question: BT45s any good?
    Yes they are, I've raced on them, bet much bigger bikes on them especially in the wet
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Con, I took me old tyres to Drury Performance Centre and asked them to put them on the old ( totally refurbished rims) Mike refused and told me he was putting a Michelin Lasetech on the front and a battlax BT45 on the rear.
    Not sure why he'd bother with that combo when the front BT45 is as good as anything and I would say better than the lasertech which is just the old ME33

Actually I just remembered my MHR has the opposite combination as that was all I could get at the time
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Con, I took me old tyres to Drury Performance Centre and asked them to put them on the old ( totally refurbished rims) Mike refused and told me he was putting a Michelin Lasetech on the front and a battlax BT45 on the rear, having gone to Wellington and back in the last month in all sorts of weather I'd stick with this combination for a very long time, wet or dry mid corner or straight tye grip and they compliment each other beautifully. This is a combination that he has used on many older, heavier type bikes ( the coal burner is a 1981 XV Thou) and weighs a ton. I trust Mikes judgement and he didn't let me down, looked after me on the price to.
    Try that for a combo mate, It definitely works and as our bikes are comparable in year and weight I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Mike gave me no choice, BT45 was the one. So ive got an old Sport demon on the front and BT45 rear. When the front gets a bit more down it will be a BT45 also. With having 16" rims I dont have much to choose from. BT45 is only a week old but it feels good.

But im a pussy so I dont think I will use it to the extreme.

Mikes great but nobody could call them fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Black Suzuki
    I used up 35 tyres on an R80TIC in the mid/late 90's. Changed tyres every 3 months, 8000km.

Tried a few brands, Metzeler, Bridgestone, Conti, Pirelli (not sport demon) and Michelin Macadam. Macadam was easily the best all weather tyre so I stayed with them.

The Bridgestones were good but had sod all tread when new. Pirelli had too much tread flex when new but good once partially worn.

Next 2 bikes had the wider radials, tried a few and happily ended up using Pilot Road and later PR2.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!

Thumbs up

Reason for the front being a Lasertech was to handle the weight of the old Girl, being a 1981 Anchor, he felt the Metzler handled it better. LOL Spokes, you are right there, but I'd go nowhere else these days.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    LOL Spokes, you are right there, but I'd go nowhere else these days.
    Yah, booked in at 11.30 for just a tyre. Got out at 1.30. But to be fair they did do a good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Thread Information