Thread: Imagine if we on KB had a place to inform/update re bike makes and models...

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries

Smile Imagine if we on KB had a place to inform/update re bike makes and models...

I had one of those moments when my head became fully clear. It was amazing. And apart from realising where I had gone wrong and what to do to solve all my problems... I also came up with this:

On here many ask the old question "What do you think is the right bike for me?". Many noobs but also ones who have been riding for years. I normally don't really worry re this. My purchases are only guided by 3 things:
    1. The money I have available.
    2. When I want something I normally find a way.
    3. I come across something that is too good to not buy. (Why there is 22 in the garage...)

Anyhow, I digress. What I was thinking was this: There could be a section on here where KB'rs could add a bike under an already available heading of different makes. And if the make and model is already there, they could add their view of the bike. This could be done as often as you want to giving someone considering same make and model a good insight in to what he/she is planning to get as the miles add up.

Hope I am making sense as I can see it clearly in my head (but as mentioned, my head is currently in one of those 'once a year' spaces).

There would be makes in aplhabetical order. And as you click on the make you think could do it for you, the next page would open and on there you would find the models that have sofar had someone commenting on them. Only stuff that would help would not be moderated. Meaning anything like "I think Honda's are gay" or "I would never buy a Hyosung" would be straight away edited and sent to PD.

So when the day came and you had managed to get those $$'s together (or convince your bank manager that lending you $30K for a bike was a brilliant idea) you could get on here, click on say "Harley Davidson", then click on "48" and find out what ones who actually use the bike (or have had one) have to say. This would also help the ones who are considering a classic or somethoing that is not made anymore. If you only have $1,500 and you have been offered a 750 Virago from 1986 you could find out re the starter issues and other stuff and then make an educated guess.

Perhaps rest of you don't consider this worthy a section. But considering my current head clearness I think this would be very helpful.

And I know I won't have to ask for comments...

May the bridges I burn light the way.

Follow Vinny's MX racing on www.mxvinny.com

Bike
    Triumph Tripple 675 DR 650
    It would be very helpful if one page contained the very bike I am wondering about..... but even if it did all the information may be from perspectives and expectations that are on the opposite horizon from mine.
    Now, any comments on engineering, performance and specs I cannot dispute as I am no expert in those arenas and most of that is fact and not disputable but any thoughts on sitting postion, comfort, dersirability of asthetics, drool factor are all in the eye of the beholder and changes with each individual so would require a test ride to confirm.
    Current $$ factors would need updating... a mamouth task alone.

Your momments of clarity do leak some interesting thoughts though.....

Bike
    TF125
    BikeWiki

A search function with filters like Tardme but better with multiple choice options would be good.

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharry View Post
    Your momments of clarity do leak some interesting thoughts though.....
    These moments also bring many other thoughts that are not suitable for here. But bling sent for your quality input!

Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    BikeWiki

A search function with filters like Tardme but better with multiple choice options would be good.
    Totally bling worthy contribution!

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    There is the review section, and for more than just bikes. I've put reviews and comparisons in there before. There is also the search function which can be limited to a sub-section of the site (such as reviews etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    There is the review section, and for more than just bikes. I've put reviews and comparisons in there before. There is also the search function which can be limited to a sub-section of the site (such as reviews etc).
    Yep. Thou I find the search function very confusing. I put in what I think I am searching for and get 700 posts. And none of them relate to that brilliant thread I was planning to start. And as soon as I start the "Fat guy crashes his moped" thread I get 10 remarks that it is a re-post.

The Review section has no order. Meaning you need to spend time searching.

But thanks for comment.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Its kind of a tricky thing to do in vbulletin, unless someone has already done a mod for it (or you are a php coder with experience in vbulletin and have lotsa spare time :P - OR... want to write one and give it to KB as a demo and then sell/lease it to others and make money from it.. heh)

But I think its a great idea.. as long as the comments re each bike dont end up being " brought it and had this issue now how can I fix it.."

(oh, and I'd submit a review on a couple of the bikes I've owned)
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    None any more
    God. Heaven forbid that people stop posting "what bike should I buy?" threads instead of using the search function. Then they'd have no reason to post "where should I insure it?", "what oil should I use?", "I've heard about Intercoms", and "let's all wave at each other" threads.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    God. Heaven forbid that people stop posting "what bike should I buy?" threads instead of using the search function. Then they'd have no reason to post "where should I insure it?", "what oil should I use?", "I've heard about Intercoms", and "let's all wave at each other" threads.
    Or what tyres should I use?

On the other hand, I can't actually conceive of asking any of those questions myself. I may ask someone who uses a given product what they think about it, but having people I don't know decide how to spend my money? That's the Government's job.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    I think it's a brilliant idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    GSXR1000
    I likes it too.

Thread Information