Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happened to the 250 GP class within NZ?

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Quote Originally Posted by fossil View Post
    What really happened was a chick beat the guy's and they took their toys home and wouldn't play anymore.
    Might be some merit in that assertion. Never worried me though, but I beat her as much as she beat me, so fair do's.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post

BTW,
    Pic attached of Mikes '92, ex NZ champ bike (Dave Manuel) with a few new additions and a new paintjob. Now, really, who wouldn't want to have a blast on that ay?
    I can say after owning and racing a 92 RS250 Honda, that they're THE most fun you can have on a race bike. They can bite though!!!

Bike
    Aprilia Shiver 750, Suzuki RG150E
    I used to race an RS125 back in '97, til I threw it away at Ruapuna and ended my racing career. Boy was that fun, and it had no trouble keeping up with the fast CBR400RR's.
    2T's are a lot of fun but, as been said here already, they make you ride the bike. That can only be a good thing.

"...you meet the weirdest people riding a Guzzi !!..."

Bike
    empty garage )-:
    Steve you give as always a very intelligent analysis. It is although ultimately a negative perspective of this and any class. Moto2 is doomed to failure due to its very success!? Oh dear.. Nevermind in 20 years time we can get all nostalgic and sentimental about that Moto2 class as the good old days of best racing ever, best bikes ever, a true tracing class where men were men...
    "...New Zealanders, for all their faults, have virtues that are precious: an unwillingness to be intimidated by the new, the formidable, or class systems; trust in situations where there would otherwise be none; compassion for the underdog; a sense of responsibility for people in difficulty; not undertaking to do something without seeing it through - "
    Michael King

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleve View Post
    Steve you give as always a very intelligent analysis. It is although ultimately a negative perspective of this and any class. Moto2 is doomed to failure due to its very success!? Oh dear.. Nevermind in 20 years time we can get all nostalgic and sentimental about that Moto2 class as the good old days of best racing ever, best bikes ever, a true tracing class where men were men...

Ha ha ! Well said, I like it

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    I can say after owning and racing a 92 RS250 Honda, that they're THE most fun you can have on a race bike. They can bite though!!!
    Yeah, i agree - on the right day they are just a blast, but on a bad day it's all over EXTREMELY fast !
    Those moments had me in hospital more than I would have liked !

How's the golf old man ?

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
    Yeah, i agree - on the right day they are just a blast, but on a bad day it's all over EXTREMELY fast !
    Those moments had me in hospital more than I would have liked !

How's the golf old man ?
    Much like my riding. All over the place.

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Much like my riding. All over the place.
    I'm hearing ya . . . . . . . . . learnt a lot about trees from that.

Thread Information