Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The ACC saga - a new approach.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Exactly. Instead of focusing on the inability of others to see us, we should be focusing on our ability to see them.
    Agreed, all to often we hear..''fucken cager didnt see me'' and we will keep on hearing that very same line for the rest of time.
    The otherside of that statement is, the biker did however, see the car. The car just didn't see the biker. Albeit a little late at times.
    Learning how to avoid such a situation is not all that difficult.
    Totally avoiding it on the other hand, is difficult.

Bike
    2013 Yamaha MT-09
    There are some valid points in previous posts; wearing the proper gear, riding training etc, all valid!

but what are we to do about factors outside a motorcyclist control? car drivers not seeing motorbikes, cars u-turning in front of bikes, road contractors who leave road repairs in apalling conditions, deisel on the road, crap flying off a trailor because the load wasn't tied down properly....

These factors also contribute to motorcycle accident stats and we are being penalised by increased levies to 'pay' for rehabilitation.

Its not just about 'us' having accidents but there is more issues to fix than just ATGATT and rider training.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxxa View Post

but what are we to do about factors outside a motorcyclist control? car drivers not seeing motorbikes, cars u-turning in front of bikes, road contractors who leave road repairs in apalling conditions, deisel on the road, crap flying off a trailor because the load wasn't tied down properly....
    Being seen to be taking a far greater degree of responsibility for our own safety may well give us far greater credibility when asking for the things outside our control to be addressed.

At the moment we just look as though we're blaming everything on anything but ourselves.

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxxa View Post
    Do? How can we do anything about those; as you say, they're outside of our control. Better to focus our efforts on what we can control, especially given there is such potential for tremondous gains in those areas alone. Once we sort that out, it'll put us into an immenensly strong position for which to lobby those that can make a difference to the things outside of our control. Asking for help to clean the crap in our front yard is a bit on the nose when we keep shitting in our back yard so often. Sucks for those that aren't the problem, but that will always be the case... they can take solace in the fact they're not in hospital with a tube to pee out of I guess.

/edit: tremondous gains, yeah, they're the big ones

Bike
    2009 Sukuki Bandit 1250SA
    Blog Entries
    Being seen to be taking a far greater degree of responsibility for our own safety may well give us far greater credibility when asking for the things outside our control to be addressed.

At the moment we just look as though we're blaming everything on anything but ourselves.
    This makes sense and is all good but we are not being treated fairly now and I dont think a small improvement in the stats is going to change much as far as TPTB are concerned.

We can say riders ca clean up there act all we want but how do we make it happen?
    --------------------------------------
    Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Well for once I think we're actually getting close to agreeing on something here. Someone get a camera.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by yachtie10 View Post
    This makes sense and is all good but we are not being treated fairly now and I dont think a small improvement in the stats is going to change much as far as TPTB are concerned.

We can say riders ca clean up there act all we want but how do we make it happen?
    I know, instead of being 'motorcyclists', we could all become 'motorcatalysts'. You know, we are the change ourselves.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by yachtie10 View Post
    I dont think a small improvement in the stats
    Don't think small - think big.

Bike
    2009 Sukuki Bandit 1250SA
    Blog Entries
    Don't think small - thing big.
    OK but if you solve the perenial problem of how to get through to all the young and return to riding riders. I will vote for Katman for prime minister

good luck
    --------------------------------------
    Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I know, instead of being 'motorcyclists', we could all become 'motorcatalysts'. You know, we are the change ourselves.
    Dude, that's deeeeeep. Have another bowl.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Dude, that's deeeeeep. Have another bowl.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. And would you look at the time, I'm late!

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    fuck, we must be getting somewhere now, got a buzzword and everything
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    fuck, we must be getting somewhere now, got a buzzword and everything

Start printing the stickers and t-shirts!!

Wait, I've got register it first.

Bike
    Bikes!
    That's exactly what I was thinking. And would you look at the time, I'm late!
    Nah dude, you were 1 minute early!

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Nah dude, you were 1 minute early!
    Not when I did the edit I wasn't!

Thread Information