Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The ACC saga - a new approach.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by yachtie10 View Post
    OK but if you solve the perenial problem of how to get through to all the young and return to riding riders.
    It can be achieved by the responsible majority regaining vocal dominance over the retarded minority.

Bike
    Bikes!
    Somewhere in world, it's 4:20, that should be enough in itself

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    It can be achieved by the responsible majority regaining vocal dominance over the retarded minority.
    I haven't seen him post for a couple of days now.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I haven't seen him post for a couple of days now.
    Report just in...the cone doctor feels the extraction will take longer than first thought.

Bike
    Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Report just in...the cone doctor feels the extraction will take longer than first thought.
    Whippy!!! Oh, I mean Whoopee....

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    sometime I have to wonder if the proportions are the other way round these days though...
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    '08 DR650
    So now we seem to have a focus, how do we go about achieving it? The likes of ACC are interested and open to ideas...

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    So now we seem to have a focus, how do we go about achieving it? The likes of ACC are interested and open to ideas...
    Are they? I've yet to see any proof of that. Other than the 'ideas' they come up weith themselves. Those ones haven't exactly pleased us.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Are they? I've yet to see any proof of that. Other than the 'ideas' they come up weith themselves. Those ones haven't exactly pleased us.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACC Rep to Squiggly
    just thought I'd let you know that motor cycle safety will be a priority for ACC over the next financial year. Therefore I was wondering whether you, your members &/or associates had any particular ideas or thoughts on the issues of biker safety that we could work on together

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Open your eyes John - up till now they haven't seen any indication that we might be prepared to work with them.

Your sole focus on the idea of perpetuating the victim mentality will get us nowhere.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Don't get me wrong. I'd be all for an 'open and frank discussion and sharing of ideas'.
    Just haven't seen anything to that end from ACC. There's been shedloads from 'us' to TPTB. What's happened? Nothing. Bar ringmarking $30 each 'for safety initiatives'.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Just haven't seen anything to that end from ACC. There's been shedloads from 'us' to TPTB.
    No, all there's been from 'us' is wants.

So far there has been no indication from us that we have an issue within our ranks that we need to address.

Bike
    1999 BMW R1100GS / 2012 WR 250 R
    Forget Frank and his open discussions, I haven't learned a lot in life but I have learned that if you want someone to agree with an idea then you must sell it to them. Now thats the hard part.
    Oh yeah the reason cagers don't see motorbikes, because they don't. So we can either live with that fact or let them kill us by not looking for them

Bike
    2008,HONDA,CBR1000RR
    Try posting some good ideas on:http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...00-ACC-levy-on.

You never know whose watching.

Bike
    2009 Sukuki Bandit 1250SA
    Blog Entries
    No, all there's been from 'us' is wants.

So far there has been no indication from us that we have an issue within our ranks that we need to address.
    Im not criticising your initative but they have had a lot of very good ideas presented by a lot of intelligent people. Just because some on here rant on about dubious oven ridiculus answers doesnt mean some havnt put good submissions in to them that were constructive. I would guess that the right people didnt read them or they are not interested in anyone elses ideas.

But best of luck at getting a group together with a concencus to go forward. (I am serious not being sarcastic)
    I am off to ride overseas for a few months (where im covered by ACC if I am injured (costs when I get home that is)
    --------------------------------------
    Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway

Thread Information