Thread: ‘Sons of Anarchy’ comes to Belfast

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F

‘Sons of Anarchy’ comes to Belfast

Anyone got relatives in Belfast, Northern Ireland? If so, they might be able to take part in filming the new series of 'Sons of Anarchy':

The hit US TV show ‘Sons of Anarchy’ is filming part of the new series in Belfast. The drama series is normally set in the fictional Californian town of Charming, but filming has moved to Northern Ireland to cover an historic flashback.

Producer Kevin Jackson explained "The Sons of Anarchy are a sort of Hell's Angels chapter set up a couple of generations back by a legendary figure in the series and still run by his family. At an early stage in series one they establish a link with Belfast and throughout series one and two encounter many difficulties with rival factions in their own town.

"In series three, the creator Kurt Sutter has decided to take it out of California and bring some of the story to Belfast. There will be a very significant storyline through all of that season which includes some filming here and much filming in California."

Local people will be included in filming, as the production needed lookalikes for some lead characters.
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    Soon to be a '12 DRZ400SM
    This is a great series, I've got the first two seasons and the third is due for release in the US in September-can't wait!

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    I was in Ireland last week
    Flew into Belfast on Ryan airBudget travel? mate you could not pay me to travel with them again
    Drove down to Dublin same day...n it rained the entire way until we arrived in Eire then
    Checked into a hotel on copper alley with friendly staff and headed of to the Guiness store houseand
    Then to the the Temple bar part of Dublin for more lots of and lots of singing and and more
    Next day a drive accross country to Sligo in the West, friendly folks...good food.

Sligo we caught up with old family and more for a couple of days...more friendly folks, good Craic etc

Then up North still in Eire, great scenery etc until off the Ferry accross to Port Rush on the 12th of July

Pommy flags and Orange lodge flags were flying from every lamp post and window....even the kerbs were red white and blue....God save the Queen slogans painted on the road
    The weather turned wet and and the local mood was colder than the beer I had that night....which was not hard. The B and B would only take pounds cash not euro or visa inspite of the sign in the window...and in advance. We could not leave luggage at the B and B we had to put it back in the car and find an ATM then return....

Everything in NI was 20% more expensive than Eire

Next time its fly into Dublin and spend a couple of weeks south of the border...

I Eire.....

Northern Ireland Belfast included can kiss my

Bike
    RAT Speed Triple
    SOA rocks, hangin out for the third season myself

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Another SOA fan here.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Triumph Bonnieville 2002
    If you went to OZ would you try and pay in NZ $ so why be surprised that people in the north wont take the euro they use the pound. You could not have picked a worse time to visit going on the 12th July your lucky you did not get hi-jacked.
    I was born and brought up in Belfast and it has a lot of problems but tell me a city that does not.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by LBD View Post
    The B and B would only take pounds cash not euro or visa inspite of the sign in the window...and in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie boy View Post
    If you went to OZ would you try and pay in NZ $ so why be surprised that people in the north wont take the euro they use the pound.
    If they say they take visa, they should take visa...

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie boy View Post
    If you went to OZ would you try and pay in NZ $ so why be surprised that people in the north wont take the euro they use the pound. You could not have picked a worse time to visit going on the 12th July your lucky you did not get hi-jacked.
    I was born and brought up in Belfast and it has a lot of problems but tell me a city that does not.

Hi Jackie Boy, welcome to KB, that was apretty awesome thread dredge for your first post, chur.

Keep on chooglin'

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F
    Quote Originally Posted by LBD View Post

Then up North still in Eire, great scenery etc until off the Ferry accross to Port Rush on the 12th of July

Pommy flags and Orange lodge flags were flying from every lamp post and window....even the kerbs were red white and blue....God save the Queen slogans painted on the road
    The weather turned wet and and the local mood was colder than the beer I had that night....which was not hard. The B and B would only take pounds cash not euro or visa inspite of the sign in the window...and in advance. We could not leave luggage at the B and B we had to put it back in the car and find an ATM then return....

Everything in NI was 20% more expensive than Eire
    To clarify: Eire is NOT part of the United Kingdom. Northern Ireland IS part of the United Kingdom. Eire signed up to the Euro. UK did not. So there is no reason for anyone in the province to take Euro.

About things being cheaper in Eire - oddly enough, they were even cheaper when the Irish Punt was still the currency. When the Euro came in, there were all sorts of 'rounding' exercises going on, with the result that prices were bumped up.
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    When the Euro came in, there were all sorts of 'rounding' exercises going on, with the result that prices were bumped up.
    No Swedish rounding there.

1 pound 29p, so that gets rounded up to 50p and it's what, Tuesday, so that's 75p, plus blarny tax so just make it an even 3 pounds. No, no, thank you.

Thread Information