Thread: Does anybody tour on a ER6n

Bike
    2015 Yamaha MT-09 Tracer

Does anybody tour on a ER6n

Thinking about doing some touring down in the South Island next summer. I have a Kawasaki ER6n that I find a comfortable all rounder and am looking at another one for Mrs Berg. Wondering if anybody has done a bit of long distance with one and what pack/paniers they used.
    If you are what you eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy
    I have a gas axe and a welder! What do you mean "it won't fit"?

Bike
    Suzuki GSX1250FA, TGB 50cc moped
    I have an ER-6F, which I took to the Burt Monroe last year, taking several weeks, and criss-crossing the South Is.

It was a very competent ride, I was very surprised at how well it went.

I used a ventura pack frame, soft throw-over luggage and a magnetic tank bag and had a great trip.

I never once found it underpowered, and yet got very good fuel consumption, and came home with a tyre that looked like I had only gone around the block.

I'd thoroughly recommend the 650 as a great all rounder. Easy to ride, fast in the twisties, economical and easy on tyres and chains.
    David must play fair with the other kids, even the idiots.

Bike
    gixxer 600 aka "little rie"
    http://www.ventura-bike.com/

go to fitments, enter your bike details and it will show what your options are. plus pictures so mrs. berg can see whether it matches the handbag. call a retailer in nz who are supplied by ventura to check prices. done!

i don't have an er6n but i hear it's a great touring bike because it's just so damn comfortable and doesn't look like a couch on wheels. either way, sth island tour sounds epic, and you will probably have lots of fun and i will be jealous.

Bike
    Aprilia RSV Tuono R
    Quote Originally Posted by Berg View Post
    Thinking about doing some touring down in the South Island next summer. I have a Kawasaki ER6n that I find a comfortable all rounder and am looking at another one for Mrs Berg. Wondering if anybody has done a bit of long distance with one and what pack/paniers they used.
    One of my mates toured the South Island on on last summer..... Ventura packrak. and a generic tank bag.
    She had no problems using the ER6N for 1-2 weeks riding the South Island.
    The (dis)honorable Nick Smith, when you speak all I can hear is
    BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!!
    So please fuck off and die.
    Go Go, Ninja Dinosaur!!

Bike
    2015 Yamaha MT-09 Tracer
    Sweet Thats all good to hear. Mine already has a Ventura fittings that I have both sport and pack racks for. I'm looking at a decent sized Ventura bag that I can bungee a sleaping bag on top. The Ventura saddle bags look quite small (bonus of the Er is no exhaust to worry about). Has anybody got an opinion Ventura vrs Oxford saddle bags. Mrs Berg already ridden my bike (on a closed road/track of course lol) and said it it so much easier than her GN250. She can't wait to step up.
    If you are what you eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy
    I have a gas axe and a welder! What do you mean "it won't fit"?

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by Berg View Post
    Sweet Thats all good to hear. Mine already has a Ventura fittings that I have both sport and pack racks for. I'm looking at a decent sized Ventura bag that I can bungee a sleaping bag on top. The Ventura saddle bags look quite small (bonus of the Er is no exhaust to worry about). Has anybody got an opinion Ventura vrs Oxford saddle bags. Mrs Berg already ridden my bike (on a closed road/track of course lol) and said it it so much easier than her GN250. She can't wait to step up.
    Ive had a set of Oxfords (humpback) for years and can only say good things about em,great quality and even though they have many times been bulging ive still not broken a zip,come with rain covers/carry straps etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	march hare 001 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	212892  
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Thread Information