Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a AG100 go crazy fast

Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250

Making a AG100 go crazy fast

Carver is going to get into the world of motocross with his brand new ride - a late 80's ag100. Basically we want it to go faster. What cheap/free mods could be done to give it more balls, bearing in mind aftermarket parts (obviously) dont exist for this model.

Bike
    weight reduction.

go on a diet.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    CR250
    I think that there is heaps of mods for AG100s as they are used as bucket racers.

Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250
    Really? I have looked on the net and cant find hardly anything about ag's let alone modding them?

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackstig View Post
    weight reduction.

go on a diet.
    Take a dump.

-1kg

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    hopefully bringing something back to NZ
    try a yz125 exhuast on it bigger carb, rebore big over size , air box mods
    [SIGPIC][/SIG

Bike
    Yamaha TDM

Ag 100

I ported a yamy 100 once.. reved like shit but lost all of its bottom end.
    Took about 3mm off the top of the exhaust port
    Pull the pipe off,, and biff it in the fire for a few minutes.. burns all the oil and shit out of it.
    there are a few pipe mods that can be done,
    a bit of experiment i think.......
    this could be fun....................
    And that is the honest truth your honour..

Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250
    thanks guys, this is what we are after, cant say the same for the fuckwit road riders though.

The top ends off it at the moment, big end is pretty rooted but we just gonna run it for now.
    So after is was ported it ran more like an 80? How much is it to get someone to port it? Cylinder has to be honed at the very least anyway

Bike
    CR250
    From memory I think that you can add a MX electrical system to make them liven up too. Open the air box and see if you could fit a YZ piston.

There was a crazy mod people were doing a few years back where you drilled two holes in the back of teh piston. No idea what that was about...

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackstig View Post
    weight reduction.

go on a diet.
    Take a dump.

-1kg
    The human brain weighs quite a lot so take that out ..... oh, wait, this is Carver we're talking about .....
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    From memory I think that you can add a MX electrical system to make them liven up too. Open the air box and see if you could fit a YZ piston.

There was a crazy mod people were doing a few years back where you drilled two holes in the back of teh piston. No idea what that was about...
    Drilling the piston skirts to make the piston lighter??

The AG piston is over engineered so weight can be shaved off it (carefully of course and not too much)
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Yamaha TDM

Havent heard of drilling a piston.. but there was a mod where the bottom of the piston on the intake side was filled down... let more gas in..and sooner...
    duno never tryed it.
    all of this filling things out.. once its done, its done,,
    cant file it back on again. just a thought
    And that is the honest truth your honour..

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Check out some grasskart racing sites or look for local clubs. AG100 motors are used for junior racing karts and get tricked out pretty well before the drivers are allowed to move up to modified shifterkarts
    good AG powered karts will nudge 160kph on tarseal & shifterkarts can do well in excess of 200kph. My workshop foreman had a shifterkart with a hot CR250 in it and it was geared for 220kph and got there fuckin fast but you couldn't stop it.
    Both his sons had AG powered karts that went really well

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Jeepers Cheese??? You should know this??
    Your own bike has them from factory??
    Here 2004 Cr250 Piston

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cr250 piston.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	213512

They are called boost port windows or Transfer port windows in the piston.

Name:	piston_detail.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	213513

They let extra fuel into the crankcase as the piston passes the inlet port. So when the piston comes down it has more to push up the transfer ports?? I suppose it lightens the piston but that is not the main purpose. Its about stuffing more fuel into the chamber. We did this to our kart pistons, or made them bigger.
    Early bikes or non performance bikes didn't have them so they where drilled or machined in.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    Check out some grasskart racing sites or look for local clubs. AG100 motors are used for junior racing karts and get tricked out pretty well before the drivers are allowed to move up to modified shifterkarts
    good AG powered karts will nudge 160kph on tarseal & shifterkarts can do well in excess of 200kph. My workshop foreman had a shifterkart with a hot CR250 in it and it was geared for 220kph and got there fuckin fast but you couldn't stop it.
    Both his sons had AG powered karts that went really well
    Yep my Cagiva 125 on methanol was good for about 120 MPH at manfield, Doesn't actually sound very fast but the speed of the kart comes form the cornering ability we'd chuck them into the sweeper at the end of the straight flat out.
    I remember getting out of the pits first at Cemetery curcit for the warm up (or was it Masterton street race with the bikes??) The crowd was standing at the footpath edge and I saw them do a runner as they didn't think there was anyway in hell I was going to make the corner? Funny has hell it was!
    A CR250 Kart like you say is a bit faster! And a proper Rotax super kart is good for 160mph
    In my day there where a few proper Rotax superkarts around in NZ but none left anymore I don't think??

Here 125cc

Name:  125.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  8.9 KB

Superkart 250cc Rotax

Name:	300px-Superkart.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	213521

Wiki blog on them
    Powered by a 2-stroke 250 cc engine producing 95 hp (71 kW) for an overall weight including the driver of 215 kilograms, Superkarts have a power/weight ratio of 440 hp/tonne (330 W/kg)(c.5 lbs/hp). Superkarts can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in less than 3 seconds with a top speed of 155 mph (250 km/h)[4]. Their low weight and good downforce make for staggering cornering[5] and braking abilities[6]. A Superkart is capable of braking from 100 mph (160 km/h) to standstill in around 2 seconds, and taking corners at nearly 3 g (30 m/sē)[7].

OH shit sorry to hijack your thread mate I must drink less and go to bed LOL!!!
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Thread Information