Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruapuna track days?

Ruapuna track days?

can anyone tell me if there is a website or info anywhere re track days at ruapuna?

cheers

Bike
    1994 Yamaha Zeal
    Quote Originally Posted by rapid van cleef View Post
    can anyone tell me if there is a website or info anywhere re track days at ruapuna?

cheers
    possibly http://www.canterburycarclub.co.nz/content.php

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by rapid van cleef View Post

cheers
    What do you want to know?

Tuesdays and Fridays are open track days, turn up, pay your money and do some laps $50 for 1/2 day

Depending on how many people are there it may be 20 minute sessions of bikes then cars then bikes etc

If you mean organised days then they're a bit few and far between
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

ruapuna

Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

Tuesdays and Fridays are open track days, turn up, pay your money and do some laps $50 for 1/2 day

Depending on how many people are there it may be 20 minute sessions of bikes then cars then bikes etc

If you mean organised days then they're a bit few and far between
    i want track days in christchurch area. if they are organised thats better, in terms of being different groups etc. if not then, like 100 bucks for a full days track riding sounds good to me. are these considered test days? ive done track days at pukekohe and taupo and they were organised by specific groups, marshalled etc and generally very well run.

also, is that every tuesday and friday? and do i have to book? or is it turn up?

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Every Tues & Fri, i think you need a 'spotter' that is someone that will keep an i on you while your out on track in case you have an off, that person can be another rider . You just show up
    register pay $ sign away at the office and ya done.

Bike
    1994 Yamaha Zeal
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    Every Tues & Fri, i think you need a 'spotter' that is someone that will keep an i on you while your out on track in case you have an off, that person can be another rider . You just show up
    register pay $ sign away at the office and ya done.
    do many people do them each tues and fri do you know?

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo89 View Post
    do many people do them each tues and fri do you know?
    I've been out there on both days numerous times, Fridays will be busy if there is a meeting on that weekend (and you may not get to use the track as the day can be reserved for practice) otherwise it can be like a ghosttrack. Honestly, there have been days where it has just been me and a friend out there, the whole track to ourselves for the day, to other days where there might be 1/2 doz cars and 4-5 bikes. It all depends on the day.

Bike
    Triumph Daytona 955i, 05 YZ450F
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

I see on CCC website that they are saying:
    Motorcycles $100.00 half day, $180.00 full day with 50% discount to CCC, Motorcycling Canty, BEARS & CAMS members.

Which one is it?
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 27th July 2010 at 10:54.
    Jesus was nailed up to some wood, two thousand years later and book sales are still good

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by been_there View Post
    I see on CCC website that they are saying:
    Motorcycles $100.00 half day, $180.00 full day with 50% discount to CCC, Motorcycling Canty, BEARS & CAMS members.

Which one is it?
    The two bits in bold

Bike
    2000 Aprilia RSV Mille,
    If the sun is out and there is enough UV to get some track temp this time of year is brilliant at Ruapuna, esp after some rain a couple of days earlier. Nice cool air = horsepower! ANd on a clear day the view of the mountains in the distance on the main straight is spectacular

The quarry next door puts a steady stream of dust on the track and come spring, the pollen off the golf course pine trees makes life 'interesting'

The whole deal is really relaxed out there. Usually on Tuesdays it is pretty empty except for the Racing School cars and a couple of die hards. When there are only a small number the car club sort of lets folk work it out between themselves i.e. If the car guys have finished usually they'll tell you to get stuck in.

As numbers pick up the car club then suggests sessions.

The worse days are when there are Saloons, Single Seaters, Bikes and then Karts turn up. Lots o waiting.

I find a few minutes talking to the folks running makes for a great day. You tell them what your program is and find out what they are trying to achieve.

Just get out there! It is soooooo cheap (Retail:$180 full day, $100 half day. 50% discount for members of ...) accessible and a challenging track to boot

Bike
    RF900
    Advanced training day/track day on the 28th august, Contact Sportzone Suzuki for details. $70.

Bike
    Your mom
    Thread dredge! Has anything changed with Ruapuna track days since this thread was last alive? Is Motorcycling Canterbury the cheapest/easiest club to join in order to get the 1/2 price track days?

Bike
    Nada
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    Thread dredge! Has anything changed with Ruapuna track days since this thread was last alive? Is Motorcycling Canterbury the cheapest/easiest club to join in order to get the 1/2 price track days?
    There's a Have a Go Day on the 15th of February for $80.
    I'll be the bloke on the matte black RSV4

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Karel Pavich is running one too

Pro Rider Ltd proudly announces a fun day for Road Riders on Ruapuna Raceway, Christchurch.
    Come along and experience one of New Zealand’s legendary tracks for yourself. 14 fantastic corners to really put that smile on your dial.
    Don’t let this opportunity pass you by - You will never forgive yourself if you don’t join with fellow members for a great day’s track riding experience!
    Wed 9 April
    Ruapuna Raceway - Christchurch
    Limited spaces - don't miss out.
    ONLY $149 Book here NOW!

prorider.co.nz
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post
    There's a Have a Go Day on the 15th of February for $80.
    I'll be the bloke on the matte black RSV4
    I've been to a few of those, but I'd like to be able to go for the odd weekday ride around the track whenever I can get the time off. Those "have a go days" can be quite busy, and I want the most track time I can get for my money.

Thread Information