Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tyrsox

Bike
    09 Repsol
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi cowboy View Post
    Please enlighten me as to were the tyre warmers are on that site?
    I couldn't find them, they just opened, so they might not have all the products.
    why don;t you contact them, just drop them a line and ask them.

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    I vote for Colts, 1set i have is 11 years old still going stroing. 2nd set is 3years old - and has the same boring service record (I:E nothing spent).

They are dearer though $700 aussie, - with main difference appearing to be that there is no "banding temperature marks" left on the tyres where the elements run and the fabric used for em seems to be almost "un-meltable" (even when left plugged in on the floor by dozy old pricks like me), they are tough.

The reason for paying the extra is that there is invariably no local service once purchased - so it pays to choose wisely.

Steve at Tyrewarmes has solved this part of the equation with his local supply & aftersales network though, and i can understand his market approach (I;E as sharp-a-price as possible )- as my experience in business shows that any product under the $1000 range has Kiwis tending to look at price first.

Steve - Do you have enough market share to consider introducing more levels of specifications in your range ?

Glen

Bike
    2008 DRZ400E & 1983 CB152T
    My opinion, avoid tyresox like the plague. My mate had them and they were rubbish. As you say no thermostat and they would always roast the tyres, I have no evidence to suggest this is bad but it just didn't seem right. I have had my tyrewarmers.co.nz ones for a few years now and haven't had a problem with them. Steve B has great after sales support and will bend over backwards to help you out.

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Hey thanks for the support guys.
    I fear I went a bit off the deep end in my initial reply, apologies for that.

We are always on the look out for additions to our range, but the bottom line, as Glen points out, is that NZers are a very price sensitive lot. So, we keep what we have and price it under the magic $500 line. There are not too many punters out there who will pay for high quality items over cheaper alternatives. A really really good example of this is the very low number of Arai helmets that are used in NZ racing as compared to the lower priced (and by inference, lower quality) brands. I know this frustrates the NZ Arai distributors.

As an example from our own experience, we bought in one set of each of the Chicken Hawk products from the USA to test the market. Their base model is similar to our model in most repects, though it is built differently. Their middle model has a two-way switch on it to change temperatures, their top model has digital control.

Even though the base model was priced almost the same as our ones, we could not sell any of them at all!! The prices we needed to charge in order to just cover our costs were just too high. So we ended up keeping the digi ones, Phil has them, giving the middle ones to a mate and swapping the base ones for a helmet that I wrecked.

Our marketing partner, RaceSupplies.co.nz is attempting to organise a supply deal with Cap-It. These are great upper level warmers, but this is clearly reflected in the price.

If we can find the components, ie the micro switches, then we will retro fit two thermostats into our warmers to make temperature switching possible. But as I mentioned, finding the components in NZ is very difficult.

If anyone has any leads do drop me a line.

Cheers

Steve
    www.tyrewarmers.co.nz
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    03 Hornet 900, 08 Daytona 675 race bike
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Hey thanks for the support guys.
    I fear I went a bit off the deep end in my initial reply, apologies for that.
    Not by KiwiBiker standards..........
    "You never understood that it ain't no good, you shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" - Bob Dylan

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    If we can find the components, ie the micro switches, then we will retro fit two thermostats into our warmers to make temperature switching possible. But as I mentioned, finding the components in NZ is very difficult.
    Talk to Sean Kelly [skelstar] He'll be your man....electrical engineer and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Thread Information