Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking for the right sport tourer

Bike
    2001 Ducati ST4
    you're not wrong! One day at the track and I've worn halfway through the exhaust pipes already!

Bike
    XR200
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryaeil View Post
    you're not wrong! One day at the track and I've worn halfway through the exhaust pipes already!
    And fortunately I just happen to have a set of the genuine article sitting alone doing nothing in my gargre....er, gager....nope, gragrrge......um, shed for bikes 'n stuff.

Bike
    TF125
    Kawasaki's not getting much mention here.

For $5k you're sure to find a tidy ZZR-1100 D model from 1993 onwards. They piss all over RF900's, beat Honda Blackbirds in a straight line and will run forever with little maintenance.

Read up on them, they didn't manage to produce & sell virtually the same bike for 7 years running for no good reason.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-326530445.htm

Bike
    03 Tuono Racing,MotoFXR F4,DT175
    Many fine bikes out there, I'm sure. It may have been that it was the first decent bike I'd ridden, but it hooked me straight away. The GPR pipes and to me (at the time) incredible power got me. The power of the thing still scares me, which is better than being over confident I suppose. Not slow on the track either. Won't be doing to much of that though!

Going to Greymouth street racing on saturday, so I'll probably see a few members on the road. Stay safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    Not unless you plan on buying new mufflers eh?
    Well you cant say you aren't enjoying the gorgeous beast eh Aryaeil!!

...and yeah you gave the GPRs a wee touch at your first track day

They are a magic,versatile machine....says she who has been Ducati deprived since the earthquake,I really miss mine....
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeteey View Post
    You're very welcome darling. I do maintain that you could ride a rock and it would go quick!

Bike
    ST4s-V11 Cafe Sport
    Yes I have worn the radiused corners of the feed pipes on my GPR's as well before I raised the rear ride height. A must if you have that feature on the ST4...the 4s has.

The model GPR pipes I have don't taper out and up to the cans like the originals. They just exit with a large radius that sticks out quite a lot more than stock items.

Mine are nearly through so I have purchased a second hand set of damaged stockers to try and use the lower pipes with the GPR cans.

Bike
    ST4s-V11 Cafe Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass View Post
    A Ducati!!!!!
    You'll regret it!!!!
    (But you'll have one helluva lotta fun before you do - enjoy!)
    4 years and no regrets so far

Bike
    2001 Ducati ST4
    it was the feed pipes that got scraped. Any idea how much a new set of those would cost? I could get a new set bent up, but are they a special alloy?. 5th gear all the way home. Jut enough of a rumble to keep me happy. The fuzz kept the me from needing 6th! And only had to take the weight off my rear a couple of times the whole trip. What a machine!

Bike
    XR200
    I had a set of feeder pipes made for me by a mate as a favour but the work involved made me feel very guilty. Double-layered at the inlet end plus needs to be correctly bent. You can probably order them from the US. Try Ducati.MS http://www.ducati.ms/forums/

Alternatively have two sets of pipes as I did. One for the track and loud fun, and the other for the WOF and long journeys. As I said earlier, I have a set of original Ducati stainless steel mufflers in the garage which I should sell.

Bike
    ST4s-V11 Cafe Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston001 View Post
    I had a set of feeder pipes made for me by a mate as a favour but the work involved made me feel very guilty. Double-layered at the inlet end plus needs to be correctly bent. You can probably order them from the US. Try Ducati.MS http://www.ducati.ms/forums/

Alternatively have two sets of pipes as I did. One for the track and loud fun, and the other for the WOF and long journeys. As I said earlier, I have a set of original Ducati stainless steel mufflers in the garage which I should sell.
    Yeah I priced up a set of made up feed pipes locally. Seemed like an easy enough job. You would want to go stainless. $470...and I nearly fell over

Pissed me off as if I had raised the ride height like I have in the first place the problem would not have occured. The difference is 55mm from the ground to the wheel on the centre stand to nearly touching the ground which gives a large amount for additional ground clearance and better turn in without compromising high speed stability.

Thats why I have purchased a set of rashed originals to try and adapt the feed pipes. I do not want to tamper with my original OEM ST4s exhausts.

Also on the 4s the gearing is way high. I changed from 15/38 to 15/42 and have around 3700rpm at 100kph........Ducatis are renouned for high gearing standard.

As mentioned by Winston001 join www.ducati.ms for all the info you will ever need. And its not a crap forum full off wankers......no reference to any other forum intended. You will find all the info you will ever need for your Duc by joining this forum.

Thread Information