Thread: 2010/2011 AMCC Race Calendar

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries

2010/2011 AMCC Race Calendar

Got the dates this afternoon... subject to change, but here is how it is looking at the moment:

17th October - Round 1, Hampton Downs
    14th November - Round 2, Pukekohe
    5th December - Round 3, Hampton Downs
    12-13th March - Round 4 AND 5, Pukekohe
    25-27th March - Nationals, Hampton Downs

edit: These dates are now confirmed
    Last edited by Gremlin; 14th August 2010 at 18:45. Reason: dates confirmed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-R600 K7
    I hope they stay like this. Hoorah for Hampton Downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    17th October - Round 1, Hampton Downs
    14th November - Round 2, Pukekohe
    5th December - Round 3, Hampton Downs
    12-13th March - Round 4 AND 5, Pukekohe
    25-27th March - Nationals, Hampton Downs

Bike
    HRC NC30
    Those dates look great cant waitt

Bike
    GSXR600

Please note - the club has not released these dates.

Unfortunately these dates have not been confirmed yet.

Sorry guys, these are tentative dates that should have not been made public.

AMCC hopes to have these dates confirmed by the end of the week, but there is every chance they may change.

The AMCC had this issue last year when a non committee member released dates before they were confirmed and when they were changed the club got a lashing for it. Please don't take it out on the club if these dates change as they have been released by a non committee member again.

Burn the rubber not your soul baby!

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by prettybillie View Post
    Unfortunately these dates have not been confirmed yet.

Sorry guys, these are tentative dates that should have not been made public.

AMCC hopes to have these dates confirmed by the end of the week, but there is every chance they may change.

The AMCC had this issue last year when a non committee member released dates before they were confirmed and when they were changed the club got a lashing for it. Please don't take it out on the club if these dates change as they have been released by a non committee member again.

Be that as it may, they're fucking mint dates and hopefully you can confirm them soon Leanne.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    I hope they get confirmed. October and December at Hampton Downs sounds like a bit of me (the wife won't let me ride at Puke because I break bones there)
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Be that as it may, they're fucking mint dates and hopefully you can confirm them soon Leanne.
    I am doing my best to get them confirmed and really do wish they hadn't been released before then as they are awesome dates and I don't want to disappoint if they do have to be changed.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    I hope they get confirmed. October and December at Hampton Downs sounds like a bit of me (the wife won't let me ride at Puke because I break bones there)
    You're a fucken lightweight. Your missus is far less scary than mine.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Oh well... I did say in the first post that the dates were subject to change (pretty sure I posted last years too - and certainly don't remember any lashings... it could have been fun). Gives them eager racers at least something to plan for. No need to get your knickers in a twist.

KG has already posted the ART dates about 5 days ago and the Nationals date was listed in the paper even further back... don't think its even been mentioned here yet?

I'm off to have a little cry over the red rep

It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    GSXR600
    Oh well... I did say in the first post that the dates were subject to change (pretty sure I posted last years too - and certainly don't remember any lashings... it could have been fun). Gives them eager racers at least something to plan for. No need to get your knickers in a twist.

KG has already posted the ART dates about 5 days ago and the Nationals date was listed in the paper even further back... don't think its even been mentioned here yet?

I'm off to have a little cry over the red rep

As always said - ART has nothing to do with racing so when they post their dates it means nothing to Road Racing.

I guess though it's a KB this to post half cocked stories.

The AMCC Road Race Committee will post dates as soon as they are confirmed....hopefully by the end of the week.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    "subject to change"... "at the moment" (on the very first line of the post)

Definitely half cocked...

I make no real distinction between the events. All AMCC, bikes going round, some fall off, only difference is speed. Paeroa and Nats carry more pressure.

Bike
    GSXR600
    "subject to change"... "at the moment" (on the very first line of the post)

Definitely half cocked...

I make no real distinction between the events. All AMCC, bikes going round, some fall off, only difference is speed. Paeroa and Nats carry more pressure.
    Perhaps as an 'experienced marshall' you really should start making distinction between events. A little concerning that you can't tell the difference between a Rider Training Day and a Race meeting.

Ooooh oooooh tit for tat tit for tat blah blah blah

Racers - these dates are not confirmed and may not be the dates posted by the original poster. The AMCC will post the dates as soon as they are confirmed. Over and out, this thread bores me now!

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    I've seen enough deaths, serious accidents, cleared up the messes, spoken to other marshals to calm them down etc, that any distinction is a waste of time for me.

The bigger the event, the bigger the pressure, smaller the margins for error, but thats it. I've seen riders do a forward flip over the bars near the back of the field, riders run over other riders, hell, riders write their bikes off and get carted away in an ambo... in the warmup laps.

Thats why I don't draw any distinction, and thats probably partly why AMCC ART days score so well with insurance. We're used to racers, so ART day riders get the correct response, ie a race level response.

Bike
    1989 yamaha tzr250 3ma
    i see the dates are on the amcc website now, im assuming that means they have been confirmed?

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dave o View Post
    i see the dates are on the amcc website now, im assuming that means they have been confirmed?
    I couldn't possibly...

I note one day has changed so far (from website), so I've updated the first post.

edit: The announcement and calendar on the website conflict, listing 4th or 5th of December depending where you look.

Thread Information