Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: VF1000R on tardme

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    And I'm talking shit because I said I liked mine? .
    No...you're talking shit because you neither know me, what I've ridden, and what I even originally said and why. Go back to the start of the tread and see if it all makes sense to you.

Then stop being so precious.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    What part of that makes them great...or 'classics'?!
    What they represented at the time for Honda

Take your rose tinted specks off, and stop all the good "oh it was a wonderful bike" talk before some poor cunt believes you and parts with his/her hard earned cash and buys one FFS!
    One man's shit is another man's gold, and your word isn't gospel

Quote Originally Posted by glegge View Post
    oh yeah.. gurgle etc..

Honda's media hype machine didn't live up to what it quoted

I think you're talking a load of shit. Seeing as I've been in the bike industry for over 23 years, worked in 5 different shops here and in Australia, I've actually ridden just about every bike you could care to name.
    Doesn't mean diddly. And rubbishing someone else's experiences of a certain machine doesn't do your own reputation any good either.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VF1000R xpo0003.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	539.0 KB 
ID:	218690   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VF1000R xpo0001.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	350.7 KB 
ID:	218691   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VF1000R xpo0002.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	625.1 KB 
ID:	218692   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VF1000R xpo.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	538.3 KB 
ID:	218693  

Bike
    Aprilia Shiver 750, Suzuki RG150E
    I'd love to get one and turn it into a proper FWS1000 replica....which funnily enough they were "styled" upon.
    http://www.vf1000r.fr/site/engvf1000rcourse.htm

"...you meet the weirdest people riding a Guzzi !!..."

Bike
    . .
    I stand by the "shit" i'm apparently talking. I loved mine and it was a great ride.

Bike
    . .
    Ok Pete - been thru the posts again just to make sure I missed nothing.

Post #8 - You don't like them.

Post #21 - You don't like them.

Post #41 - You don't like them.

Post #52 - You don't like them.

And no one else is allowed to like them or disagree with you either.

Did I miss anything?

Bike
    Another one that's been sorted

The inlay article "R RATED" sums them up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VF1000R red0002.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	322.6 KB 
ID:	218701   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VF1000R red0001.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	276.0 KB 
ID:	218702   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VF1000R red.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	218703   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VF1000R red0003.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	277.9 KB 
ID:	218704  

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    Try finding a test article on one of these by any of the magazines of the era
    The reluctance of Honda to allow tests to be done says something in itself
    One man's shit is another man's gold, and your word isn't gospel

Doesn't mean diddly. And rubbishing someone else's experiences of a certain machine doesn't do your own reputation any good either.
    First of all...you yourself said they were no good mate...so make up your mind. Secondly...never have I said my word is gospel. It's simply my (and many others) opinion that they're shit, and were in fact not as good as other bikes around at the time. If people love them...great. I've also mentioned in my posts that I've owned plenty of bikes I loved that were heaps of shit! But I don't get all precious if someone calls them shit...because they fucking were!

Ok Pete - been thru the posts again just to make sure I missed nothing.

Post #8 - You don't like them.

Post #21 - You don't like them.

Post #41 - You don't like them.

Post #52 - You don't like them.

And no one else is allowed to like them or disagree with you either.

Did I miss anything?
    Yep. You missed the point that just because you don't see many for sale or around anymore, doesn't make them collectable or worth good money. Because they weren't actually that good mate! Wether you loved yours or not.

I'm glad you loved yours. I loved my ZX1100A1 (similar era) too...and it was a heavy pile of plop too. Not many people liked them or rated them...and I couldn't care less. But if someone here said they were heavy piles of plop, I'd not tell them they were talking shit and had no balls as you did. Because it's their opinion and they're welcome to it.

Comprende?

Bike
    First of all...you yourself said they were no good mate...so make up your mind. Secondly...never have I said my word is gospel. It's simply my (and many others) opinion that they're shit, and were in fact not as good as other bikes around at the time. If people love them...great. I've also mentioned in my posts that I've owned plenty of bikes I loved that were heaps of shit! But I don't get all precious if someone calls them shit...because they fucking were!
    I pointed out the well known quirks of the bike, you're the one that's doing the " They're SHIT" preaching

You are getting all precious about people defending bikes they've owned and had long term relationships with in response to your total bagging.

And don't keep using the "I've been in the industry x years & owned X amount of bikes" that as I said doesn't mean diddly. Pouring scorn on someone elses bike or dispelling someone elses experience with said machine doesn't do yourself any good, and coming from yourself who is in the industry as a salesman shows a fair bit of unprofessionalism

Bike
    Various things
    I pointed out the well known quirks of the bike, you're the one that's doing the " They're SHIT" preaching
    Bit rich coming from you mate. Only the other day your were preaching all about how the industry works, even though you were way off the mark. And secondly...I'm here on a personal level...not on business.

Bike
    Bit rich coming from you mate. Only the other day your were preaching all about how the industry works, even though you were way off the mark. And secondly...I'm here on a personal level...not on business.
    I was reflecting what I'd seen 1st hand by a dealership that I literally told to shove it due to their total lack of knowledge when it came motorcycling in general
    You aren't here on a personal level, in this thread maybe but there's plenty of posts you've put up that are on a business level or at least drumming up business for the dealership you work for, and the general population of members on the site know full well where you are & what you do; so in the grand picture you are representing who you work for

Bike
    . .
    And you're the one who brought the balls into it Intelligent fella aint ya. Probably why you're still in the trade .

Bike
    Various things
    And you're the one who brought the balls into it Intelligent fella aint ya. Probably why you're still in the trade .
    Intelligent enough to make a good living out of what is actually a lifestyle rather than a job.

Being surrounded by nice bike and dealing with mostly good people is hardly what I'd call hard work.

But you're obviously a rocket scientist or similar , so good for you. Funny how it's you that wants to get personal because I dare insult your beloved VFR though.

I'd still like you to show me any sort of test that raves about them though.

Bike
    . .
    Intelligent enough to make a good living out of what is actually a lifestyle rather than a job.

Being surrounded by nice bike and dealing with mostly good people is hardly what I'd call hard work.

But you're obviously a rocket scientist or similar , so good for you. Funny how it's you that wants to get personal because I dare insult your beloved VFR though.

I'd still like you to show me any sort of test that raves about them though.

This has been great fun! But alas all good things must come to an end.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    This thread is freakin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smash those Honda riding poofters Crasher!!! Everyone knows the only true classic Honda ever made that's worth owning is the unburstable MVX250.

Fags.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Street Triple R
    You boys!!! Play nicely!!!

Since I started this thread originally, I am hoping to have the last word in it.

I didnt buy the bike.

I had some of the money organised then two weeks before we were due to go on holiday, our hot water cylinder shit itself, so that screwed that.

Not that I couldn't find five grand if I absolutely had to, its just that I basically decided that it might be better off in the category of fond dreams, rather than having them completely fucked over by reality. A guy I know always desperately wanted an E Type Jag, and eventually he got one. A really really good one: the pukka one: short wheel base, 6 cylinder Mk 2 (?I think it was). Beautiful car.

But he sold it after a year or so. Because driving while wearing rose tinted specs is not the good look, and the collision between beautifully maintained and refurbished but still 40 year old reality, and adolescent fantasy wasn't that great.

Probably thats the reason why I havent bought a Lamborghini Countach LP460.

Probably.

For what its worth, I think that particular example was a good, straight, tidy wellmaintained one, which would have been lovely to look at in the garage (its primary purpose) and fun for a Sunday afternoon blast once a month in summer.

Never say never, but the plan is on the back burner for now.

I might just buy a Harley, and a dirt bike.

or that DT1 on tardme for $6500 (its a bargain: you couldn't do half of whats been done to that for the money he is asking....)

or something. Another SOHC Honda? A CB450 twin?

another SRX600 or GB400/500?

suggestions here please. I am nothing if not malleable.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Thread Information