Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yamaha Jog versus Suzuki UZ50?

Bike
    76 HONDA XL125
    Quote Originally Posted by Slunk View Post
    Thanks mate!! lots of good info there, especially about the insurance, what company is that with ? and where/why did you do 400km's in a day?

The jog managed 45km/h up High Street (a steep street here in Dunedin) while the Suzuki only did a pitiful 30km/h, so I think my mind is made up. Also the suzuki felt kinda cheap, the grey plastic at the front feels like it will snap off if you look at it funny, spongy brakes despite only having 45kms on it, plus it doesn't even have a fuel gauge, just a warning light when you get down to 0.8L

Any drawbacks to the jog i may not be aware of ?

what gets done at the first service? they guy quoted $140, what do they need to do exactly?
    I went with state for no other reason than I've got other stuff with them the odd time I've needed to claim they didn't give me any probs. (non bike though)

The 400 km trips were just for fun, there are at least two other Jogs that have gone way further "Carver" is one.

The first two should be at the dealer you purchase it from just to cover the warranty.

Take the first 500ks reasonably gently but don't baby it, you have a fresh engine to run in, new tyres to scrub and believe it or not the drive belt needs to be run in a bit as well.
    Most of the time your riding it like you stole it so maintain the simple stuff like the air filter (washable), plug, gear oil. Tyre pressure makes a difference. If your right into DIY get a cable lube tool.

There are plenty of good second hand ones around that will save a few bucks some with a givi box on the back.
    "Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it."
    -Lou Holtz

Bike
    2008 Yamaha Jog
    There's an '08 jog in Invercargill for $1500, done 1600kms. Would that be a good deal compared to a new one for $2300 but has 12 month warranty?

Bike
    76 HONDA XL125
    Quote Originally Posted by Slunk View Post
    There's an '08 jog in Invercargill for $1500, done 1600kms. Would that be a good deal compared to a new one for $2300 but has 12 month warranty?
    Just do the usual checks and negotiate.
    Mine is an 08
    There are scoots around with well over 30,000 kms and still going so 1600ks isn't much.
    "Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it."
    -Lou Holtz

Bike
    MT09 Tracer
    Sold my 05 on friday for $1k. Still on it's original front & 2nd rear tyre.
    Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow aren’t just the 4 cycles of an engine

Bike
    -
    I do about 1000km a month on my Jog and it's a legend. The disc brake makes a huge difference. Apart from the usual servicing I've only had to replace the rear tyre (got a nail, but it was worn anyway) which cost $40, cheap as. +1 on everything Spearfish said.
    Watch out for tow ropes and quickly braking cars

Bike
    1998 Suzuki AD50R

Suzuki

I am riding a 1998 Suzuki address way ..........

The 2010 / 2011 Yamahas are good because they are all 2 stroke
    But most of the new suzukis are 4 stroke ..... I find that they go slower than 2 strokes ???

Bike
    SuperScooter 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by thetackleman View Post
    I am riding a 1998 Suzuki address way ..........

The 2010 / 2011 Yamahas are good because they are all 2 stroke
    But most of the new suzukis are 4 stroke ..... I find that they go slower than 2 strokes ???
    Agreed. Unless it's dead flat, a moped class scooter reallly needs a 2 stroke engine. It gives that little extra margin of speed and hill climbing ability.
    Although I believe the UZ50 is slighty above the usual 4 stroke scooters of that capacity, in that it is fuel injected.

Thread Information