Thread: For sale section in the race forum?

Bike
    WR269f, WR450f

For sale section in the race forum?

Hi mods, how about adding a for sale sect in the race area?

Be nice to be able to put race specific stuff in there without it being moved to the general sale area.

Cheers, Tony.

Bike
    I sold it
    You Bay Boys do have a few good ideas i see , good call Tony.

Bike
    WR269f, WR450f
    Quote Originally Posted by roadracingoldfart View Post
    You Bay Boys do have a few good ideas i see , good call Tony.
    Then should I expect a 15% commission on all sales?

Bike
    Bikes!
    I wonder if you could make a thread exist in two sub forums at once? Create the add in the Racing\For Sale sub forum, but have it automatically in the General\For Sale sub forum at the same time... if you know what I mean?

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Then the Off-Road section will want a sales section, then the 250 guys, then the sports/road bike guys, then the classic guys, then the tourer guys, then the cruiser guys. Next the racers will want their own rant or rave section, then the 250 guys will want that, then the...I think you see where I'm going.

Much easier to have it in one place.

Bike
    nun
    i want a 6ft swedish blonde with perky tits and a nice tight arse ...

:slap:

Bike
    WR269f, WR450f
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Then the Off-Road section will want a sales section, then the 250 guys, then the sports/road bike guys, then the classic guys, then the tourer guys, then the cruiser guys. Next the racers will want their own rant or rave section, then the 250 guys will want that, then the...I think you see where I'm going.

Ok............as you were.

Seems its ok for some to have ads in racing, but not for others. No drama's.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.OK View Post
    Ok............as you were.

Seems its ok for some to have ads in racing, but not for others. No drama's.
    There should be no 'for sale' items in any sub forum other than the appropriate forum. However some get missed (by the mod's) and not moved.

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    I don't see any problem with ads in the Racing section, if they are specifically racing oriented. If they're posted in more than one section though, the threads may be merged (usually in the Online Trading forum).
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Virago View Post
    There's no problem with ads in the Racing section. If they're posted in more than one section though, the threads may be merged (usually in the Online Trading forum).
    That's the way I see it as well. You guys are a community within the larger forum, so if you're directly advertising race related goods then it poses no real issue. But like Virago points out if there is a double thread they'll get merged into one.

Bike
    RGV250
    Quote Originally Posted by Virago View Post
    I don't see any problem with ads in the Racing section, if they are specifically racing oriented. If they're posted in more than one section though, the threads may be merged (usually in the Online Trading forum).
    I'm getting mixed messages.
    It was just suggested to me that my attemp to sell Adventure tyres in the "Tyre choice for Adventure riding" Thread was not appropirate.

Racey.

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    Quote Originally Posted by RideLife View Post
    I'm getting mixed messages.
    It was just suggested to me that my attemp to sell Adventure tyres in the "Tyre choice for Adventure riding" Thread was not appropirate.

Racey.
    A different issue. Traders are expected to limit their sales posts to the Shop Sales forum (although there's usually no problem with responding to questions in other threads, within reason).

The complaints flood in thick and fast if a Trader appears to be spamming the site with sales stuff.

You'll get the hang of it...
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    WR269f, WR450f
    There should be no 'for sale' items in any sub forum other than the appropriate forum. However some get missed (by the mod's) and not moved.
    That's the way I see it as well. You guys are a community within the larger forum, so if you're directly advertising race related goods then it poses no real issue. But like Virago points out if there is a double thread they'll get merged into one.
    Yeah no mixed messages here

All good fella's..............thought it mighta been an improvement to the site, but I guess its just more work for someone at the end of the day, appreciate the replies

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.OK View Post
    Yeah no mixed messages here

All good fella's..............thought it mighta been an improvement to the site, but I guess its just more work for someone at the end of the day, appreciate the replies
    Ha. One is the site procedure, one is how the individual case is judged.

Bike
    Bikes!

As well they should... think of it like trademe... motorcycles gives you all the sub cats too, and then by drilling down into the sub cat you exlclude the others.

If you could do it without too much jiggery pokery in the back end, it would be worth it. I believe there is already a 'type' field when you create a BSE thread, first job would be populating that a little more intelligently (not that it's stupid, I mean by using hte list of BSE sub forum titles). Ya dig?

Mind you, it's a forum, and not a shopping site, so is the work/benefit factor worth it... only those that actually have to do the work can decide.

Trademe is a pretty big fat lazy target though... there search and groupings are total shit for bikes. Whilst there is probably little in the way of direct revenue to be generated from an upgraded BSE section, it would ensure KB is the premier place to find bike stuff, and that would potenitally strengthen the ad revenue take.

Thread Information