Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GSX550 ED Pre-89

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    Remember to keep Roberts name in good stead by doing his trick of turning up at the track on anything with two wheels & being able to kick everyones arse on something that shouldnt win............ :-0
    Oh dear - is that how that worked? sooo - what you are saying the usual trick of turning up on something that should win and not is not the right thing?

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Oh dear - is that how that worked? sooo - what you are saying the usual trick of turning up on something that should win and not is not the right thing?
    Nope, thats your quote not mine!......... :-)

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    I read it as Robert had the skill to be able to win on bikes that were not viewed by most as being up to winning.

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    I read it as Robert had the skill to be able to win on bikes that were not viewed by most as being up to winning.
    Stop Press: when didguys from the Wairarapa pick up reading skills ? :-), ..............btw , reece holmes left a few tyres for you at my place.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Remember to keep Roberts name in good stead by doing his trick of turning up at the track on anything with two wheels & being able to kick everyones arse on something that shouldnt win............ :-0
    I said tribute bike, not tribute rider. It's got TSCC though and full floater so it'll probably kick your arse old man.......
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    CBR600RR, WR250 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Fiddy bucks big fella, can't beat that shit.
    FOOL!

i would have paid you to take it haha.

Glad youre happy with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
    To conclude, Tui Blond is a reasonable tasting beer that gives you the horn and makes you shit yourself into your better half's footwear.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Stop Press: when didguys from the Wairarapa pick up reading skills ? :-), ..............btw , reece holmes left a few tyres for you at my place.
    Since ma sister wife taught me and ma brother uncle!

Bike
    tedium
    Dear Jimmy,

Please lie and ride it in pre82 as I am now very worried about being raped by a shite old Suzuki.

Yours
    Steevie

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Dear Jimmy,

Please lie and ride it in pre82 as I am now very worried about being raped by a shite old Suzuki.

Yours
    Steevie
    Lol. I think you're selling yourself a bit short there mate, you're riding really well at the moment and apart from that fact. FrakenCane has more power, better chassis, better wheel/tyre sizes, FAR better brakes and is a shitload faster. Pretty sure you've nothing to worry about.

I am, however, halfway through building a fucken mean exhaust for it.

Bike
    Various

Was anybody involved with or know modifications which were done on the original back in 83-84? I want to keep it as period as possible if I can.

Cheers
    Jimmy

The Junior Production class one or the F2 alchy burning one he raced that year?

Bike
    Various
    You should talk to Eddie Kattenburg who along with Bob Toomey was his team mate that year racing the 550 & 1135 or Brian Ward who worked at WMMC & raced the F2 550 the following season. PM me if you want contact numbers.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcktfsh View Post
    You should talk to Eddie Kattenburg who along with Bob Toomey was his team mate that year racing the 550 & 1135 or Brian Ward who worked at WMMC & raced the F2 550 the following season. PM me if you want contact numbers.
    Only just seen this, PM sent. Cheers man.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    So Drew needed to borrow his own RF to get up to Feilding to see a man about a dog or some shit which meant I was motivated to find another way to get to work this morning.

The only vaguley roadworthy bike other than the RF is of course my GSX550ED Pre-89 project. So we spent Friday night and Saturday carefully piecing it back together and generally making it run right (better).

Took it for a test ride in the shit weather on Friday night before I'd had a chance to sort the brakes out and Holy Shit! This thing actually has a bit of beans. Saturday was spent sorting brakes, adding indicators and other important stuff for commuting.

Shot down to the pub on it with Drew in hot pusuit on the RF. I am honestly quite astounded at what a cool bike it is to ride. 16 inch fromt wheel makes the 90 degree turns around home so fricken easy that the poor old RF is left wallowing in the wake of the skinny little GSX. Bike is comfortable, smooth and more importantly a little bit fast. Still have a couple of little fueling issues to sort but other than that it's quite good out of the box.

Roll on Wanganui You're fuckin dead Stevie

Bike
    Various things

I am honestly quite astounded at what a cool bike it is to ride. 16 inch fromt wheel makes the 90 degree turns around home so fricken easy that the poor old RF is left wallowing in the wake of the skinny little GSX. Bike is comfortable, smooth and more importantly a little bit fast. Still have a couple of little fueling issues to sort but other than that it's quite good out of the box.

Roll on Wanganui You're fuckin dead Stevie
    You still pissed mate?

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    You still pissed mate?
    You're a fucken hard bloke to stay sober around, that's for sure. Somehow I managed it.

For some fucked up reason this bike holds the same intrigue to me as VMX does to you. Although, your RM would probably smash it

Thread Information