Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Internet makers

Bike
    Nothing, sadly

Internet makers

Quote Originally Posted by Dare View Post
    That goes double for me =) Novemberish?
    Developer or Designer? Could collaborate if you're the latter, I can't design to save my life.

Bike
    Ratty As
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntoucher View Post
    Developer or Designer? Could collaborate if you're the latter, I can't design to save my life.
    Designer, got a portfolio?

•°o.O[Design & Photography]O.o°•
    •°o.O[Book of faces]O.o°•

Bike
    Nothing, sadly
    Mostly just Wordpress unfortunately, quick, easy and quite a bit of money to be made in it. Also producing danvelopment.net and quickpass.me but they're both long from finished.

Oh, and Pinkfrog.com.au which is a client's project, built up the CMS from scratch and leave the client to add the content.

I'm a PHP and JS dev, but dabble in everything else and looking to learn C#.

Bike
    Ratty As
    Mostly just Wordpress unfortunately, quick, easy and quite a bit of money to be made in it. Also producing danvelopment.net and quickpass.me but they're both long from finished.

Oh, and Pinkfrog.com.au which is a client's project, built up the CMS from scratch and leave the client to add the content.

I'm a PHP and JS dev, but dabble in everything else and looking to learn C#.
    Heh, I'm a wordpress freak atm, although I'm comfortable with C, JS, Java, Actionscript etc and learning C++ for a uni paper. I am a designer at heart though. novoalias.com is my portfolio but currently halfway through a revamp, and too busy with client sites to update it

Bike
    Nothing, sadly
    Heh, I'm a wordpress freak atm, although I'm comfortable with C, JS, Java, Actionscript etc and learning C++ for a uni paper. I am a designer at heart though. novoalias.com is my portfolio but currently halfway through a revamp, and too busy with client sites to update it
    Yeah I know the feeling, Danvelopment will get done eventually. Oh, I'm an AUT student as well, although did a Dip of Web Dev at Natcoll last year. In WF on a daily basis.

Actually, I think I may complete it, rather than fucking around on a sunday.

Bike
    Ratty As
    Yeah I know the feeling, Danvelopment will get done eventually. Oh, I'm an AUT student as well, although did a Dip of Web Dev at Natcoll last year. In WF on a daily basis.

Actually, I think I may complete it, rather than fucking around on a sunday.
    Well if you have some spare time I can't figure out why the 'read more' links generated using jquery aren't working when the hard coded version does. >.<
    http://www.holistichair.co.nz/products.html
    fml

Bike
    Nothing, sadly
    Heh, after much play. Take the script block that is above the test button. Especially as it says

$(document).ready(function() {
    2 $('a[rel*=facebox]').facebox()
    3 });
    And put them ABOVE the other buttons. At the top of the div class="grid-12 alpha omega" should fix it.

It's all client-side stuff, thus it parses from top to bottom, not in any order like Php etc

Bike
    1986 Honda GB 400F
    Oh, I'm an AUT student as well, although did a Dip of Web Dev at Natcoll last year. In WF on a daily basis.
    Hey, I'm at Natcoll at the moment doing a diploma of web dev.

This thread is now about web development!

We've just started MySql and PHP - for some reason I had trouble with $_SESSION but using databases has somehow made it click. I like coding.

Bike
    Nothing, sadly
    Heh, have you Steve for your teacher? Yeah $_SESSION is just a variable on the browser, rather than the page and thus stores data, and can be called at any time rather than only when that page has the variable stored.

If you need any help, can give me a yell. Until I find a job or more web work I'm bored most days as I have classes at night.

Bike
    2011 ER-6N
    Jeez, you lot must be moving at a snails pace, and paying for it! Go to http://www.w3schools.com and read from beginning to end.

I taught myself enough php and mysql to make a website in 1 day!
    It was a simple website for entering jokes to a jokes list and being able to delete them but it was still pretty awesome.
    I wrote it in notepad too.
    /epeen

Bike
    Nothing, sadly
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyer View Post
    Jeez, you lot must be moving at a snails pace, and paying for it! Go to http://www.w3schools.com and read from beginning to end.

I taught myself enough php and mysql to make a website in 1 day!
    It was a simple website for entering jokes to a jokes list and being able to delete them but it was still pretty awesome.
    I wrote it in notepad too.
    /epeen
    Cool story, bro.

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s

Bike
    Ratty As
    Thx suntoucher!

Quote Originally Posted by Slyer View Post
    Paying? I'm getting paid to learn Basically just teaching myself something new every time I build a site.

I'm basically doing too much other stuff to spare time for learning more than I need to know right now. Covering rent is more important than memorizing endless tables of "IE 5/6/7 does not support [insert basic web standard here]".

Later... CSS3, HTML5 and beyond!

In other news, who wants to stop working freelance and start working limited liability? I have a few interested already..

Bike
    Nothing, sadly
    Thx suntoucher!

Paying? I'm getting paid to learn Basically just teaching myself something new every time I build a site.

I'm basically doing too much other stuff to spare time for learning more than I need to know right now. Covering rent is more important than memorizing endless tables of "IE 5/6/7 does not support [insert basic web standard here]".

In other news, who wants to stop working freelance and start working limited liability? I have a few interested already..
    Not a problem.

I just don't support anything below IE7.

Would consider working for someone if the offer was right, although for me atmosphere and working environment would be more important than the cash.

Bike
    1986 Honda GB 400F
    Heh, have you Steve for your teacher? Yeah $_SESSION is just a variable on the browser, rather than the page and thus stores data, and can be called at any time rather than only when that page has the variable stored.

If you need any help, can give me a yell. Until I find a job or more web work I'm bored most days as I have classes at night.
    Wow, you just summed it all up in one sentence. Nah, Chris is my teacher. Steve comes in every now and then. However, he uses different property/method names and a lot of people get confused. Common debugging: is your filtered data stored in a $clean array or a $filteredValues array? Chris prefers $clean and Steve prefers the other. Dunno what I usually call mine but it really shouldn't matter.

If I'm stuck I'll let you know, it often takes fresh eyes to see a mistake in code.

I've dabbled in CSS3, pretty neat stuff! I might stick to images for the moment, maybe leave CSS3 for websites directed at web developers/designers. :\

Thread Information