Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quasimoto experience

Bike
    2007 CBR1000RR
    Just got my full and a new bike, and with the intention of riding more and going to the track I decided to get some leather gear to replace my codura commuter gear.

I chose Qmoto for a number of reasons; the price, the support and reputation it has on KB, but mostly the obscenely high safety specs given the price.

I am a very fussy buyer, especially when it comes to shelling out $700+. Furthermore I'm pretty small so I sometimes have trouble finding gear/clothes which fit. Based on this I opted to go past Hamilton while on holiday over New Years to try it on rather than buy over the internet. PM'd quasievil, arranged a time no trouble.

Got there, had trouble finding the jacket I wanted in my size, but found another which fitted, and fitting pants too. Brett was very patient while I tried on what seemed like half the gear in his garage, and was happy to give advice re safety, fit, armor, track days etc. I left with a new jacket, pants, and a knox back protector insert for the jacket to replace the 'cheese sandwich' foam already in there.

Customer service was as good as the best bike shops I've been to. And he doesn't even have a shop, this was his house.

Went for a ride today (or more accurately, I rode all day today) on my new bike with my new gear. More than happy with both purchases - street triples are epic bikes and Quasi's gear was comfortable and felt so much safer than any of my codura gear. An inspection of the stitching, leather thickness, and armor confirms this. I intend to get a lot more wear out of this gear over the coming months and years, and I concur with most of the sentiments expressed in Phantasm's review above. Chalk me up as another happy customer!
    Library Schooled

Bike
    none yet
    Can I ask what size you are roughly? I have some qmoto pants which are great but I'm only 60kg's and even the smallest jacket I fear would be too small. Maybe I'll just have to save and get a custom made one but then it's starting to get a bit pricey for a student like me!

Bike
    2007 CBR1000RR
    I'm about 60ish kg and what, 5'7? The black rock jacket I have says "S/40/50" as the sizing and fits well enough. I can wear a very thin jacket or a tshirt + jersey underneath it, but it fits well enough even with just a tshirt underneath.

Next summer I intend to get a race spec jacket and may opt for the custom fit but I am more than happy with the sizing of this jacket for me. I see you're in Wellington - if you like, PM me and you can try it on. I'd be up for a ride this thursday evening or saturday sometime....
    Library Schooled

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!

Thumbs up

Got my custom built QMOTO Jacket today, ticky toured off down to the Tron and around to Q;s place.
    Had a good look and feel and a smell and then put her on, well that was it.
    Fits like a finger in a nostril it does and so damn comfortable.
    Got around the first bend after leaving the Q establishment and felt that the whole world had just started spinning perfectly again.
    Love it, many thanks to both of you down there at QMOTO Land and the t shirt was the finishing touch, ya didn't have to and I'm grateful.
    Anyone else out there looking for gear, don't waste time going anywhere else, ring QMOTO and get it on.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Got my custom built QMOTO Jacket today, ticky toured off down to the Tron and around to Q;s place.
    Had a good look and feel and a smell and then put her on, well that was it.
    Fits like a finger in a nostril it does and so damn comfortable.
    Got around the first bend after leaving the Q establishment and felt that the whole world had just started spinning perfectly again.
    Love it, many thanks to both of you down there at QMOTO Land and the t shirt was the finishing touch, ya didn't have to and I'm grateful.
    Anyone else out there looking for gear, don't waste time going anywhere else, ring QMOTO and get it on.
    Cheers mate, glad you like it, the new V3 stuff is unreal eh !

here is a pic of you this am

Thanks for choosing us mate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3537.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	612.6 KB 
ID:	237721  
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    None - s'fucked
    Mmm, saving my pennies for a visit to Quasi - apparently, I'm a strange shape, so will probably be custom stuff.

Quasi, can you do sliders on the Q-Rock stuff if it's custom?? Want to do more trackdays so would hopefully want to get the old knee down.
    Quote Originally Posted by rachprice View Post
    Jrandom, You are such a woman hating cunt, if you weren't such a misogynist bastard you might have a better luck with women!

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully View Post
    Mmm, saving my pennies for a visit to Quasi - apparently, I'm a strange shape, so will probably be custom stuff.

Quasi, can you do sliders on the Q-Rock stuff if it's custom?? Want to do more trackdays so would hopefully want to get the old knee down.
    Hi I can do what ever you like mate, you decide what you want and we will do it.
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    Hi I can do what ever you like mate, you decide what you want and we will do it.
    I want sponsorship!

Bike
    NC30s
    When's the 2011 stuff comin' in! I've been waiting to see what you're going to have on offer before I get a new Jacket

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinz0r View Post
    When's the 2011 stuff comin' in! I've been waiting to see what you're going to have on offer before I get a new Jacket
    Not till warmer months, assuming there is a market worth pursuing of course

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by carver View Post
    I want sponsorship!
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Cheers mate, glad you like it, the new V3 stuff is unreal eh !

here is a pic of you this am

Thanks for choosing us mate
    .....and people say you need wear hi-viz...
    aint gonna miss that comin'...

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Not till warmer months, assuming there is a market worth pursuing of course
    sponsor me, i can get you on the news!

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    .....and people say you need wear hi-viz...
    aint gonna miss that comin'...
    Aint that the truth! missed ya both on Sunday, man what a hoot.
    Carver, God loves a tryer mate and you qualify for that if nothing else.
    Came home in the rain( OK a few squalls) on Sunday form Paeroa and didn't even get a bit of moisture inside the gear at all.Happy as a pig in Shi'ite I yam Quasi cheers again.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Aint that the truth! missed ya both on Sunday, man what a hoot.
    Carver, God loves a tryer mate and you qualify for that if nothing else.
    Came home in the rain( OK a few squalls) on Sunday form Paeroa and didn't even get a bit of moisture inside the gear at all.Happy as a pig in Shi'ite I yam Quasi cheers again.
    Be a good idea to treat the leather dude, get some beeswax or other treatment onto it asap ok, it will protect the leather especially if it gets into some rain.
    glad you love it.

Thread Information