Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Geek help please

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    I know it sound stupid. but it sounds like you getting the password wrong.
    Vista will connect if you get the password wrong, but it will say something like "local connection / limited connection".
    Try deleting the connection and enter in the password very slowly.

XTRA goons may be able to help........keep asking for a new one after the old one tells you to reset the router.
    Have deleted the wireless connection and let it re-find the network, entered password and...only get the 'local connection'. Several times. Did again, but cut'n'pasted password from the router's own record. Same result.
    Went into router and entered a new password. Then turned router off/on to reset. Tried laptop again. Same result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyer View Post
    To be fair restarting the router fixed the problem for most of their client's internet issues.
    Especially with the shitty routers they provide.
    Not a telecom-provided router. Is a good, new TP-Link Lite N ADSL2.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Once xtra know its not their router, no, they will not be able to help. They are trained specifically in certain areas.

Even had a client who spoke to xtra at length on a problem, with their gear, and they still didn't have a clue. PC was using the wrong gateway.

hmmm I'll flick you a pm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Well...
    Gremlin wanted a ride, so he came to Napier. Mad arab!!
    But he did, and for 2 hours he struggled through all the possibilities without success. Wirelessly, either the laptop or the second PC could connect, but not both.
    Finally, (I believe it was desperation at this point) he tried the MAC address pre-approve option. And that worked.
    Thanks mate. You're a champ.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    SF
    Good stuff. MAC filtering is generally fine. Someone would have to be pretty hard out to park outside your house with a laptop and spoof your mac address to get on your network. The plus is that the connection is slightly faster with no encryption, though it's meaningless for internet cos that's the bottleneck. Basically, file transfer is marginally faster. Glad you're sorted

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    yeah, it was an odd one. Vista laptop would connect to wireless, gain an IP, but routing, ie ping modem, wouldn't work. Oh, tell zack to turn his firewall back on, would ya? Vista refused to change the networks public status as well. Only worked on 3 vista laptops, so wasn't aware of work around, and didn't think they would be happy with me working on it into the morning

Thread Information