Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wgtn to Napier via Levin route: piece of piss?

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterBry View Post
    This I feel is the nicer ride 332 Kms
    http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=d&so...82&ie=UTF8&z=8

But this is also a good treck, and you get to see the Kapati Coast 317 kms
    http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=d&so...82&ie=UTF8&z=8

So depends if you want to see hills or coast at the begining, either are great rides
    Thanks Guys for all the input and Cheers to MasterBry for the map, certainly something for us to ponder and we can't wait to get out of the shaky city for a sojourn.

New tyres fitted on the 'Busa today , we can't wait to get away , it'll be a fast trip and that goes without saying ... whilst we have'nt finalised the route , we now have a good picture of where we're going , guess we'll buy a better map than we've got and thats probably not a bad start ..

Hope your NI roads can pamper my Hayabusa better than the crap we've got down here !

Cheers, W

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    So depends if you want to see hills or coast at the begining, either are great rides
    Perhaps if you're young? I'm old and would have trouble keeping my eyes open on either of those routes
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Perhaps if you're young? I'm old and would have trouble keeping my eyes open on either of those routes
    Well when your buzzing along on a stright on your 1050, pop your visor open at 160 kms, I always finds that helps me stay awake

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    New tyres fitted on the 'Busa today , we can't wait to get away , it'll be a fast trip and that goes without saying ... whilst we have'nt finalised the route , we now have a good picture of where we're going , guess we'll buy a better map than we've got and thats probably not a bad start ..

Hope your NI roads can pamper my Hayabusa better than the crap we've got down here !

Cheers, W
    Yes if you get a NI map, you can see some other roads you can take off those I maped for you.

Like going over the Paekakariki Hill ( a nice ride) , then rather than the gorge at Palmerston, do the saddle road via Ashhurst and stop off at the top and look at the wind terbines.

http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=d&so...22&ie=UTF8&z=8

Don't expect any better roads up here than you have down there, or you'll be disapointed

(When I drove San Francisco to Las Vegas last year, I mapped it out on Google maps, and then just printed it !
    It gave me turn by turn directions and got me there spot on. Rather than buy a map, you can do the same as I did, and save yourself some bucks?)

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Well when your buzzing along on a stright on your 1050, pop your visor open at 160 kms, I always finds that helps me stay awake

I might get speed wobbles and fall off
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Do they go that fast? Speedo in MPH, no?
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Do they go that fast? Speedo in MPH, no?
    Take your pick...........they'll do both
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    07 GIXXER 75OOOHHHH
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    New tyres fitted on the 'Busa today , we can't wait to get away , it'll be a fast trip and that goes without saying ...
    Just what we want,another idiot riding at speed on unfamiliar roads.Man the ideas here are good routes,enjoy them and all the other safety shit.

The HW50 is realatively cop free,only seen 2 cops since November last year,and travel this road weekly(well seen cops Fri and Sun)first time was me getting pinged at 118km on a Fri,wasa nice evening and not paying attention and was dark so could'nt see cop,and last Sunday when a cop had a car pulled over,both times cop was at HW2 end of the road,about 20km from HW2.

Don't buy any maps,grab a copy of The Motorcycle atlas by Peter Mitchell published by Hema,can buy online or at most bike shops or paper plus etc,costs about $29.95 approx,is easy to read and good compact size.
    Hello officer put it on my tab

Don't steal the government hates competition.

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Quote Originally Posted by ynot slow View Post
    Just what we want,another idiot riding at speed on unfamiliar roads.Man the ideas here are good routes,enjoy them and all the other safety shit.

The HW50 is realatively cop free,only seen 2 cops since November last year,and travel this road weekly(well seen cops Fri and Sun)first time was me getting pinged at 118km on a Fri,wasa nice evening and not paying attention and was dark so could'nt see cop,and last Sunday when a cop had a car pulled over,both times cop was at HW2 end of the road,about 20km from HW2.

Don't buy any maps,grab a copy of The Motorcycle atlas by Peter Mitchell published by Hema,can buy online or at most bike shops or paper plus etc,costs about $29.95 approx,is easy to read and good compact size.
    Thanks Ynot and, must say I have'nt been an idiot since I tried the Kareoke thing a few weeks ago , I'll make sure I behave when I'm on your territory ..but only to keep my license intact ...

Good tips regarding the route and , we can't wait to get away .....dial in some good weather for us and, thanks in advance , J

Bike
    Suzuki GS1200SS,Moto Guzzi Bellagio 940
    Watch the winds past Shanon on SH57 where the road is elevated above ground level... if it blowing hard then Palmerston North via Foxton is easier.

+5 on the SH50 idea. great road (wish is lasted longer)

Bike
    How did your run up here go ?

-----=====^^^^****""""*****^^^^=====-----

Thread Information