Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Wednesday Night Ride

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors
    Anyway ...... The ride on Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!

BK, Halswell, Gebbies, round the bays to Port and either through the tube, or Evans Pass (depending on road conditions/light) to either Speights Ferrymead or The Twisted Hop.

I intend to look at the route before and will check out Old Taitap Road while I'm near.
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    Speed Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by helenoftroy View Post
    Gets expensive when fairings have to be replaced on Italian bikes!

but got the call from my insurance company this avo,she will be repaired

nows its a waiting game...
    Bugger, good news that it will be getting fixed, and I hear that those ST2 headlights are expensive to fix
    These aren't the bikes we're looking for....

Bike
    1994 Yamaha Zeal
    Quote Originally Posted by gloplg View Post
    I intend to look at the route before and will check out Old Taitap Road while I'm near.
    I was on that road today, it is still a mess really. Quite a few cones marking spots where the road has moved up a little bit etc, rode over a bit of silt today too. Just not a smoothe ride at the moment.

definatley ride-able but not a fast road.

Bike
    03 Tuono Racing,MotoFXR F4,DT175
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hornet View Post
    Bugger, good news that it will be getting fixed, and I hear that those ST2 headlights are expensive to fix
    Lol yeah- reckon the headlight will look like new when i get the bike back!

Thanks for all the comments guys n girls
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeteey View Post
    You're very welcome darling. I do maintain that you could ride a rock and it would go quick!

Bike
    1994 Yamaha Zeal
    took this pic today of a shed on one of the corners on the old tai tapu road.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00023.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	355.6 KB 
ID:	219432  

Bike
    xvs650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo89 View Post
    I was on that road today, it is still a mess really. Quite a few cones marking spots where the road has moved up a little bit etc, rode over a bit of silt today too. Just not a smoothe ride at the moment.

definatley ride-able but not a fast road.
    That must have been you i saw stooped on the side of the road today. I was in the car and the road was a bit bumpy. Mind you it helps when the driver of the car goes the right way around the cones.

Went out to Lincoln on the bike and noticed a few bumps that hadn't been there pre quake.

Bike
    1994 Yamaha Zeal
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryhare View Post
    That must have been you i saw stooped on the side of the road today. I was in the car and the road was a bit bumpy. Mind you it helps when the driver of the car goes the right way around the cones.

Went out to Lincoln on the bike and noticed a few bumps that hadn't been there pre quake.
    hmm, it probably was me. but i was stopped, not stooped! lol. yeah im sure the aftershocks have dealt to it abit. halswell is where a lot of aftershocks have taken place. i.e under the primary school there

Bike
    GSXR1000
    As long as I don't go breaking my arm and shoulder again, hopefully Sal and I will be able to join you guys one of these nights.

Bike
    xvs650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo89 View Post
    hmm, it probably was me. but i was stopped, not stooped! lol. yeah im sure the aftershocks have dealt to it abit. halswell is where a lot of aftershocks have taken place. i.e under the primary school there
    Sorry yes stopped, that's what working night shift does to one. Must remember to check spelling.

Bike
    CBR, RGV Racer, Bucket
    Evans pass Lyttleton side is still definitely closed, sumner side is cool, gebbies pass is sweet as, dyers is primo and summit rd (from dyers to evans pass) is wicked....dude!!!!

Bike
    Steam powered rocking chair
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixgtr View Post
    Evans pass Lyttleton side is still definitely closed, sumner side is cool, gebbies pass is sweet as, dyers is primo and summit rd (from dyers to evans pass) is wicked....dude!!!!
    Yeah they're saying going to be another couple of weeks too. pain in the butt for us truckies..........

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries
    Looks like I won't be able to make it, partner has a work meeting and it finishes at 6pm, so not quite enough time to get to you, will meet you at the pub afterwards though!! Just keep me posted on what pub you are all going too!
    Distributor of Uncle Garrys cushions for Uncle Flips Kickers (or should that be knickers?!?)

Cleverly disguised as an adult! D.N.B.W and newly est Grease Monkey

Bike
    2009 Hyosung GT250R
    Bugger I don't get to go on the first ride . I'm visiting my youngest daughter Sara in Nelson but I will be there next Wednesday!! Enjoy your ride people!!

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Ha, not going to make it either, Daughter down from Hastings, doing dinner with her at my Mums.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    CB900 Honda Hornet
    Blog Entries
    enjoy all........... ride safe
    i'll be there when i get a bike
    Cherish. Love. Laugh. Hope. Dream. Believe.

Thread Information