Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2002

Thread: Wednesday Night Ride

Bike
    '03 DR650, '07 Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeteey View Post
    I thought I saw you ride past the window! I was on the dirt bike and it was parked right by the front door between two cars. I had an entire park to myself and made sure of it so others could share the park but you wouldn't see it unless you were right there as the cars on either side were people movers ...
    Huh, guess I'm blind then, sorry about that.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    If I come out for a ride, I'll see you at the pub when I get there. Hopefully there will still be someone there to have a drink with, and won't have buggered off for a curry.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeJay View Post
    Will you be wearing your Morris kit or what?
    People will hear bells jangling from miles away and might think I'm some sort of emergency service That'll get them moving but once they see it's a morris dancer they'll really move!

Quote Originally Posted by Buyasta View Post
    Also since we're not really riding anywhere, just down the road, we could leave at 6:45, and anyone that couldn't make it earlier or wants to take a different route could meet us at the pub at about 7.
    Cool, Halswell Vets at 6.45, good plan that man!

Huh, guess I'm blind then, sorry about that.
    No worries, it all meant I got to my dad's in time for curry which was bloody nice! It was made by my sister in law who is Japanese. How many people didn't know that there are Japanese curries? They're quite mild but very tasty! Suits me to a tee as I'm a wuss when it comes to spice
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    If I come out for a ride, I'll see you at the pub when I get there. Hopefully there will still be someone there to have a drink with, and won't have buggered off for a curry.
    Oh no, that won't happen ... They do curries in house!
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    '03 DR650, '07 Scorpio
    People will hear bells jangling from miles away and might think I'm some sort of emergency service That'll get them moving but once they see it's a morris dancer they'll really move!
    Yeah, probably straight underneath the nearest LAV or heavy machinery, in an effort to escape the horror of a world that allows rampaging morris dancers loose on an unsuspecting public.. on the upside, it may help ease traffic.

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Yeah, probably straight underneath the nearest LAV or heavy machinery, in an effort to escape the horror of a world that allows rampaging morris dancers loose on an unsuspecting public.. on the upside, it may help ease traffic.
    Sounds like a great 70's B movie, Morris Dancers On Motorbikes From HELL!

But we shouldn't bag them too much, I mean some of them are cool!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	morris-dancer.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	233613

And we share a lot of the same interests i.e. Beer and Beards

Name:	morris dancer.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	233615

And some of them look kinda familiar. Remind you of anyone CeeJay?

Name:	kimber2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	233614

Bike
    '03 DR650, '07 Scorpio
    Sounds like a great 70's B movie, Morris Dancers On Motorbikes From HELL!
    Oooh, I would rather like to see someone attempt to morris dance while riding a motorbike.. that would sure show those pansies who just stand still on the seat a thing or two, eh?

Bike
    1976 Honda 90 Stepthrough [Turbo]
    Thats the spirit - everyone could do with a bit of cheering up. Just don't forget or people might be inclined to think of you in terms of the attached pic

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeJay View Post
    Thats the spirit - everyone could do with a bit of cheering up. Just don't forget or people might be inclined to think of you in terms of the attached pic

That's brilliant!

Where did you find that??

oh, probably the same place I found all my pics

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors
    I realise getting to BK may be a pain. However the outward journey to TaiTap should be straight forward.

I will be at BK (weather permitting) at the usual time if anyone else wants to ride out as a group.
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    1991 yamaha fj1200
    halswell is ok.. oads a little bumpy but not bad so vets should be fine

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    On Friday night I got groceries from Countdown by BK (my usual supermarket) BK was/is? closed but the carpark is ok but their was only one entrance/exit as Madras St was closed.
    Also Moorhouse Ave is down to traffic going both ways all on the BK side of the Island so it's a bit of a pinch point and right turners share the straight through lane as oncoming traffic is in the right turning lane we'd normally use.
    Gasson St once you get on it is generally ok.
    I hope not too many use BK as a start place, but then I'd be surprised if the turn out is anything like normal.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    Also Moorhouse Ave is down to traffic going both ways all on the BK side of the Island so it's a bit of a pinch point and right turners share the straight through lane as oncoming traffic is in the right turning lane we'd normally use.
    One of the nice things about Moorhouse Ave is the number of exits. If Gasson Street looks risky we have the option of going to Waltham Road to turn right.
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    '87 GSX750SF Katana, 08 Cagiva Raptor
    Right so where will we be meeting on Wednesday? Its been way to long since I caught up with you guys.

Bike
    '03 DR650, '07 Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by Spuds1234 View Post
    Right so where will we be meeting on Wednesday? Its been way to long since I caught up with you guys.
    Looks like BK at 6, Halswell at 6:30 or Tai Tapu pub at 7, although there seems to be a bit of a lack of consensus.

Thread Information