Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USA: 'Drunk' Cop ploughs into 4 motorcyclists

Bike
    Noire
    Quote Originally Posted by BoristheBiter View Post
    As said above lawyers have been getting offenders off tickets for years so this is no different.
    He is still being done for it so what was the story?

Oh thats right he was a cop.
    Next we will be followed with a "he was waving at the time" thread.
    I have absolute empathy for any officer, for what they deal with daily.

The story began with 4 Motorcyclists that were ploughed into by a cop that was drunk, it would be a big story anywhere because of the dynamics involved.

As I understand it - because of this crash and the can of worms opened, despite department policy changes enacted 2 weeks ago - requiring police to restrict drinking to 8 hours prior to the shift; the officers's conduct, the processes, investigation and the department itself are under investigation by FBI.

The criminal trial for the crash itself, doesn't start till October.
    ter·ra in·cog·ni·ta
    Achievement is not always success while reputed failure often is. It is honest endeavor, persistent effort to do the best possible under any and all circumstances.
    Orison Swett Marden

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G.W View Post
    I have absolute empathy for any officer, for what they deal with daily.

The story began with 4 Motorcyclists that were ploughed into by a cop that was drunk, it would be a big story anywhere because of the dynamics involved.

As I understand it - because of this crash and the can of worms opened, despite department policy changes enacted 2 weeks ago - requiring police to restrict drinking to 8 hours prior to the shift; the officers's conduct, the processes, investigation and the department itself are under investigation by FBI.

The criminal trial for the crash itself, doesn't start till October.
    I have no time for drunk drivers no matter what the occupation and no one should be let off for any reason.

What gets me is you don't see any occupations in the headlines unless it is a cop.
    Why? who knows maybe just an easy target.

I know he was driving in a cop car at the time but you don't see "plumber kills motorcyclist by failing to give way" or "Fontera truck driver kills pillion rider by not being able to stop in time" Or the one that most happens "unempolyed unlicenced driver gets off drink drive change because of missing word in file".

Some threads just get on my tits and this is one of them.

Bike
    2009 Sukuki Bandit 1250SA
    Blog Entries
    I have no time for drunk drivers no matter what the occupation and no one should be let off for any reason.

What gets me is you don't see any occupations in the headlines unless it is a cop.

I know he was driving in a cop car at the time but you don't see "plumber kills motorcyclist by failing to give way" or "Fontera truck driver kills pillion rider by not being able to stop in time" Or the one that most happens "unempolyed unlicenced driver gets off drink drive change because of missing word in file".

While I agree with your point

The reason cops are singled out is because of the way some of them treat us
    EG when we get a holier than thou officer treating you like a criminal for what IMHO are very minor infringments.
    The worst of this is that show on tv from Aus, what bunch of sanctimonious dicks (does no favours for the image of policing)

Media prints what it thinks people will read and people like to see this stuff
    --------------------------------------
    Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway

Bike
    Noire

Sorry that you feel that way and I understand your point - as said, I have complete empathy for what officers deal with daily.

Apologies if it's thought I should've done a better job of illustrating the story, I'm not a reporter.

I don't think it's a matter of police being easy targets.

Officer's as well as their departments are held to a much higher degree of expectations and accountability - as they enforce the law that public are to abide by....plumbers, or fonterra workers don't, therefore wouldn't warrant further investigations as we see in this story.
    ter·ra in·cog·ni·ta
    Achievement is not always success while reputed failure often is. It is honest endeavor, persistent effort to do the best possible under any and all circumstances.
    Orison Swett Marden

Bike
    a red heap

You are abit of a twat arent you. It is because he has failed to adhere to the very law he has been employed to uphold. Nobody gives a shit about Joe plumber, because it doesnt stink of hypocrisy when he does it.

Fanny

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Quote Originally Posted by auntfanny View Post
    You are abit of a twat arent you. It is because he has failed to adhere to the very law he has been employed to uphold. Nobody gives a shit about Joe plumber, because it doesnt stink of hypocrisy when he does it.

Fanny
    So what you are saying is that it is allright to drink and drive?

Bike
    a red heap
    So what you are saying is that it is allright to drink and drive?
    Clearly you need glasses, or english lessons. Nowhere did I say that, I merely pointed out what is considered public interest news. Its not news when joe average breaks the law, but it is news when a public service person is caught doing the very thing they are employed to stop.

Fanny

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Clearly you need glasses, or english lessons. Nowhere did I say that, I merely pointed out what is considered public interest news. Its not news when joe average breaks the law, but it is news when a public service person is caught doing the very thing they are employed to stop.

Fanny
    No You said
    "Nobody gives a shit about Joe plumber, because it doesnt stink of hypocrisy when he does it."
    So therefore you're saying you don't care if he drives drunk as it is not what he is empolyed to stop.
    Can't say i have seen all the " plumber causes new leak in shower head" threads coming out of here so i stand by my other post of its only news because it is a cop and there is nothing KB likes more than a cop basing thread (except maybe a waving one)

Bike
    a red heap
    No You said
    "Nobody gives a shit about Joe plumber, because it doesnt stink of hypocrisy when he does it."
    So therefore you're saying you don't care if he drives drunk as it is not what he is empolyed to stop.
    Can't say i have seen all the " plumber causes new leak in shower head" threads coming out of here so i stand by my other post of its only news because it is a cop and there is nothing KB likes more than a cop basing thread (except maybe a waving one)
    http://www.guardiancomics.com/wp-con...0Issue%200.jpg

Fanny

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    I see you are just another one of those posters that runs out brain power and has to resort to comics for inspiration.

Bike
    a red heap
    I see you are just another one of those posters that runs out brain power and has to resort to comics for inspiration.
    How else do you reply to somebody who cant see past their own sweet smelling excrement?

Im sure there is a plumbing forum where people are posting about leaky showerheads, but I'm afraid this is a motorcycle forum where some topics are about roading, regulations, and the people who police them etc.

And of course a thread about a drunk policeman is going to take preference over joe blow plumber being done for drunk driving.

And so it should, its highly hipocritical to be out one day arresting drink drivers, dangerous U-turners, etc, then the next day getting caught yourself.

Its news because its what people want/need to see about the so called people, who on one hand uphold the law, then on the other hand think they are above it.

Fanny

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    How else do you reply to somebody who cant see past their own sweet smelling excrement?

Im sure there is a plumbing forum where people are posting about leaky showerheads, but I'm afraid this is a motorcycle forum where some topics are about roading, regulations, and the people who police them etc.

And of course a thread about a drunk policeman is going to take preference over joe blow plumber being done for drunk driving.

And so it should, its highly hipocritical to be out one day arresting drink drivers, dangerous U-turners, etc, then the next day getting caught yourself.

Its news because its what people want/need to see about the so called people, who on one hand uphold the law, then on the other hand think they are above it.

Fanny
    You mean like people on this site who sit and cry that they got a ticket but expect the police to abide by the same laws they are breaking. you can't have it both ways.
    It is one law for all, whether that be copper or plumber.

And trust me more joe public has pulled out/did a u-turn/ cut into my lane/the list goes on than any cop has so i would be more inclinded to watch out for them.

Bike
    a red heap
    You mean like people on this site who sit and cry that they got a ticket but expect the police to abide by the same laws they are breaking. you can't have it both ways.
    It is one law for all, whether that be copper or plumber.

And trust me more joe public has pulled out/did a u-turn/ cut into my lane/the list goes on than any cop has so i would be more inclinded to watch out for them.
    Godsake man

I suggest you print this thread out, and hang it in the cupboard, next to your "I support Clint Rickards Tee shirt".

Fanny

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Godsake man

I suggest you print this thread out, and hang it in the cupboard, next to your "I support Clint Rickards Tee shirt".

Fanny
    Clint Richards was found not-guilty in a NZ court of law by a jury of his peers so why wouldn't I support him.

Bike
    Noire

So, this is a couple of stories aired about 10 hours ago, from one of the survivors.
    ter·ra in·cog·ni·ta
    Orison Swett Marden

Thread Information