Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alpinestars S-MX 3 GORE-TEX Boots

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Lemur
    Have any of you actually bothered getting in touch with Alpinestars? Giving some customer feedback so they can work on rectifying the issue in future models?
    Well here it is:

Hi

My name is Tammy (Surname), I'm writting to you from Auckland, New Zealand. I recently brought a pair of Alpinestars S-MX 3 GORE-TEX Boots. And find that after a few months of wearing the boots that they start to sqeak with every slight movement of the foot/ankle. A few bikers in New Zealand who have the same pair of boots are rather disapointed with this small error as such. As you are well aware Alpinestars are a fantastic product, and a small oversight such as this sqeaking issue might cause future damage to your sales record. In New Zealand your product is not the cheapest on the market, and with a small annoying problem such as sqeaking boots, it might encourage potential buyers to look towards other brands.

Here is the topic discussion, from a very popular New Zealand biker forum, about the boots with other riders who are having the same problem.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...362#post257362

Regards

Tammy (Surname)

~~~

I also just realised that I've been spelling "sqeaking" when it is actually "squeaking"

[Edit] I placed that on the Feedback section of the Alpinestars web-site and also e-mailed the support for the foot wear section.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some pieces are missing

Quote Originally Posted by DingDong
    "Hi... I rang about the cats you have for sale..."..... "oh... you have children.... how much for the children?"

mucho papoosa bueno no panocha

Bike
    Your Face
    Quote Originally Posted by placidfemme
    Yeah everyone knows when your coming... or even when your just standing still and your ankle moves slightly...

SQEAKKKKK SQEAKKKKKKKKK SQEAKKKKKKKKK

lol so damn annoying... I'm going to have a look tonight for CRC/Beeswax and/or WD40

It's a shame... I wouldn't have expected this from an Alpinestars product
    When I was coming back from the South Island, I even got hassled by some other bikers on the ferry...
    The world will look up and shout "Save Us!", and I'll whisper "no"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by NC
    When I was coming back from the South Island, I even got hassled by some other bikers on the ferry...
    Yeah I get hassled by everyone, my partner, my boss, the security team at work, my landlord (whose a biker... has a nice Buell), my family... even the guy at the gas station commented on my squeaks...

I know the people at Alpinestars have read my e-mail (read reciept... got to love Outlook) but I've recieved nothing back... but thats about what I expected.

"Hi... I rang about the cats you have for sale..."..... "oh... you have children.... how much for the children?"

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by placidfemme
    Yeah I get hassled by everyone, my partner, my boss, the security team at work, my landlord (whose a biker... has a nice Buell), my family... even the guy at the gas station commented on my squeaks...

I know the people at Alpinestars have read my e-mail (read reciept... got to love Outlook) but I've recieved nothing back... but thats about what I expected.
    Tis maybe the middle of the night there ? I'm pretty sure you'll receive some sort of reply. How useful it is may be another matter .
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Well I got a reply from them.

~~~~

Hi Tammy,

I just had the opportunity to read your Email regarding your remark on our SMX 3 GTX boots and apologize for answering you only today!

I understood your remark and I also went to see the forum you have indicated me on your Email.

Kindly allow me to explain you the reason for this: unfortunately this is a kind of problem that many boots (from many brands) con show sometimes. Racing boots in order to guarantee more safety in case of impact are often constructed with several polyurethane shields. These shields allow a superior grade of protection but also allow to companies to offer a more interesting design.

Working with this material, depending on some walking styles or better depending on some people natural movement, can make it happen that one shield touches the other or that the shield gets in continuous contact with the Lorica (being also a material of synthetic derivation). The result is exactly that “squeeking” you do mention me.

Please understand that this is simply the natural result that sometimes can happen but 99% of the times it finds a very easy and simple solution in just using silicon spray on that part. This operation has to be repeated, depending on the use but also on the climate condition, each 1 to 2 months and is normally simply considered “maintenance”.

Please try this and in case you still feel the problem not being solved just please contact me again and I will be pleased to assist you and eventually bring you in contact with our distributor in NZ who will help you and doubtless find the very best solution for your highest satisfaction!

Looking forward hearing from you very soon I wish you all the best and remain with,

Best Regards

Silvio Brunner

Sales Dept.

Alpinestars S.p.a.

Asolo, Italy

Tel. (+39) 0423 5286

Fax. (+39) 0423 529571

email: sales2@alpinestars.com

www.alpinestars.com

~~~~

All is said and done... good on them for replying anyway

Bike
    2008 DRZ400E & 1983 CB152T
    damn, astars just went up one notch in my book.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by k14
    damn, astars just went up one notch in my book.
    Yeah in mine too, I honestly wasn't expecting a reply. Good on them!

Bike
    I just got back from Red Baron (snapped speedo cable) and while I was there one of the mechanics commented on my squeaky boots, the rest the mechanics laughed at me... and one mechanic got a tin of CRC and sprayed my boots for me... they are now PERFECT. No noise at all.

*is as happy as Larry*

Bike
    Triumph Sprint ST
    My Oxtar boots came with a small bottle of silicone oil.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by bungbung
    My Oxtar boots came with a small bottle of silicone oil.
    They should supply such lubricants with all boots that have the slightest potential of making annoying squeaking noises...

Thread Information