Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpinestars S-MX 3 GORE-TEX Boots

Bike

Alpinestars S-MX 3 GORE-TEX Boots

Hey,

I'm not sure if I'm writting this in the right place or not, but I brought a pair of these a while ago, and I'm now having a "squeaking" problem... it started off with just one boot, and now both boots sqeak with every step I take...

I've tried cleaning the boots, but it hasn't stopped the annoying sqeaking...

Does anyone have these boots? Do you have this problem? Any idea on how to stop the sqeaking without damaging the not-s-cheap boots.

Thanks in advance
    I'm not a complete idiot... some pieces are missing

Quote Originally Posted by DingDong
    "Hi... I rang about the cats you have for sale..."..... "oh... you have children.... how much for the children?"

mucho papoosa bueno no panocha

Bike
    Triumph Daytona 650 in RED
    I've got an older model of Alpinestars & they squeak really badly. Basically, the plastic bits rub on the Lorica bits and you can either put up with it or try wax or CRC, although neither of these products will fix the problem for more than a few weeks at a time.
    "Women & cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." Bruce Graham

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim
    I've got an older model of Alpinestars & they squeak really badly. Basically, the plastic bits rub on the Lorica bits and you can either put up with it or try wax or CRC, although neither of these products will fix the problem for more than a few weeks at a time.
    Thanks for replying... Any particular type of wax I should use or just any wax?

It drives me nuts, the Alpinestars are comfy enough to walk around in but when they sqeak that much it's just an annoying pain... I'm even considering selling them and buying some other brand of boot... even though I do love the Alpinestars...

thanks again

"Hi... I rang about the cats you have for sale..."..... "oh... you have children.... how much for the children?"

Bike
    Triumph Daytona 650 in RED
    Quote Originally Posted by placidfemme
    Thanks for replying... Any particular type of wax I should use or just any wax?
    Nope. Any type of beeswax product will do the trick.

I wouldn't trade them in on another brand of boot though! Believe me that you will get used to the squeaking. You'll just have to accept that you'll never be able to sneak up on anyone whilst you're wearing them.
    "Women & cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." Bruce Graham

Bike
    2008 DRZ400E & 1983 CB152T
    Yep happens the same to me, I just grin and bear it. Walking in a funny way can make it stop squeaking, might spray some crc on it next time i have them on.

Bike
    Thank you I'll try beeswax.

Yeah I don't think I'll trade them in for a new pair, hopefully the beeswx or crc will do the trick

Bike
    A touring barge
    or use a silcone spray that most bike shops will have, in that plastic ankle joint, if that's the source of squeakiness.

You probably won't even need to buy a can, they oughta just give you a quick squirt to relieve the squeak.
    Tha Jandal: Adding another dimension to "rubber side down"

Jandal [jan-duhl] noun: a mythical entity presiding over bikers
    Jandal [jan-duhl] verb: "to jandal" is to involuntarily separate from one's boik.
    Jandalled [jan-duhlled] past tense - usage: "bro, I've just gone and jandalled it"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by NhuanH
    or use a silcone spray that most bike shops will have, in that plastic ankle joint, if that's the source of squeakiness.

You probably won't even need to buy a can, they oughta just give you a quick squirt to relieve the squeak.
    Yeah it's those plastic bits that sqeak... started on just one boot and then the other got jealous of the noises and started too... crazy boots

thanks again...

Bike
    nun
    Hi Placidfemme,

i have the same boots and they too started on just one and now i have both sqeaking in unison.

I'm off to crc my booties too. Thanks all !

Bike
    2014 SF848 DUC's nuts
    same boot here! CRC/WD40 on the ankle plastic joint does the trick for me. Just a little spray. Becareful you don't get any silicone on the sole of the boot! Good luck!
    'Thou shall not love a hoe.'
    -Tha Pimp God
    pimpin .101

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by paco27zim
    same boot here! CRC/WD40 on the ankle plastic joint does the trick for me. Just a little spray. Becareful you don't get any silicone on the sole of the boot! Good luck!
    hehe might I say... good to see I'm not the only one

I thought it was sqeaking because I was cleaning them wrong or something... and I was nervous to use any other products on them incase it damaged them (at the price of Alpinestars you always want to be careful).

Bike
    Your Face
    Yeah mine do it too, and I get shit for it
    The world will look up and shout "Save Us!", and I'll whisper "no"

Bike
    Yeah everyone knows when your coming... or even when your just standing still and your ankle moves slightly...

SQEAKKKKK SQEAKKKKKKKKK SQEAKKKKKKKKK

lol so damn annoying... I'm going to have a look tonight for CRC/Beeswax and/or WD40

It's a shame... I wouldn't have expected this from an Alpinestars product

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    Have any of you actually bothered getting in touch with Alpinestars? Giving some customer feedback so they can work on rectifying the issue in future models?
    Hayden - Evidence that even the mediocre can achieve great things.

((U+C+I) x (10-S))/20 x A x 1/(1-sin(F/10))

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Lemur
    Have any of you actually bothered getting in touch with Alpinestars? Giving some customer feedback so they can work on rectifying the issue in future models?
    No... but thats a good idea... I'll write them an e-mail and place the URL to this thread as proof I'm not the only one...

Then when the S-MX 4 comes out we'll be more likely to buy it

Thread Information