Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trackdays

Bike
    L0 GSXR-R 1000 #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort View Post
    The model that was proposed by Frosty (and he ran at least one day on this basis) was a good one. Not so much a full track day (with novice group) but a single or two group format offering far more track time than a normal trackday to riders which are not absolute novices. Numbers limited to 40.

It worked very well I thought.... especially when the alternative (MOTOTT) don't offer much track time (they only aim for 4 sessions - 5 if they can get it) ...for me thats not worth the trip to Taupo.

There's an opportunity here for sure...
    Whenever I've attended Moto TT they always give plenty of track time man. I think if u go hard enough after 5 sessions all u want to do is hit the hot pools and get the girls to show us their tits!
    Firestarter Racing on facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirestarterRacing

Racing thanks to:

www.fluidcoatings.co.nz
    www.motostyle.co.nz
    MAXIMA racing Oils
    www.projectdigital.co.nz
    METZELER Tires
    New Plymouth Motorcycle Center
    www.topstitch.co.nz/

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Cr1MiNaL View Post
    Whenever I've attended Moto TT they always give plenty of track time man. I think if u go hard enough after 5 sessions all u want to do is hit the hot pools and get the girls to show us their tits!
    Always seems like I spend the whole day sat in the pits on my arse waiting to ride. Lunchtime is the worst where it can be a 2 hour break..... (Ride twice in the morning and if yer lucky 3 times in the afternoon)... Not worth it in my opinion.

Hampton downs have the same 4 group format but they start at 9, run through lunchtime and finish at 5 ....6 sessions and it seems like the day has a decent pace and flow.

Getting back to the tread subject - the day Frosty ran was the best at taupo (never having done a Redline event) - Heaps of track time - surely there is still an opening for this type of day.

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    It worked very well I thought.... especially when the alternative (MOTOTT) don't offer much track time (they only aim for 4 sessions - 5 if they can get it) ...for me thats not worth the trip to Taupo.

There's an opportunity here for sure...
    Always seems like I spend the whole day sat in the pits on my arse waiting to ride. Lunchtime is the worst where it can be a 2 hour break..... (Ride twice in the morning and if yer lucky 3 times in the afternoon)... Not worth it in my opinion.
    Interesting reading all the comments. I have marshalled for MotoTT at Manfeild's two track days and there have been 5 sessions each day (except on day 1 when inclement weather caused it to be cancelled early after 4 session I think - only one rider was keen to continue anyway).

What I have seen (and also at many other track days I have been to), is that by the 5th session there are a LOT less people keen to go out. Numbers dwindle significantly after session 4. There is only a half hour lunch break as well.

You can't please everyone all the time, but yours is the only negative feedback about MotoTT I am aware of.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Hornet

Sunday Track Day 28th Nov

A lot have wished for a track day on a weekend, with 3 groups to max riding time, well we have one coming up on Sunday 28th November - 3 groups of 20 riders at Taupo, only $80. Check us out at www.hamiltonmcc.org.nz

Cheers
    Steve P

Bike
    L0 GSXR-R 1000 #87
    Quote Originally Posted by bartshumandad View Post
    A lot have wished for a track day on a weekend, with 3 groups to max riding time, well we have one coming up on Sunday 28th November - 3 groups of 20 riders at Taupo, only $80. Check us out at www.hamiltonmcc.org.nz

Cheers
    Steve P
    Done and dusted. This will be a perfect time to stop by Taupo on way down after California Superbike School.
    Firestarter Racing on facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirestarterRacing

Racing thanks to:

www.fluidcoatings.co.nz
    www.motostyle.co.nz
    MAXIMA racing Oils
    www.projectdigital.co.nz
    METZELER Tires
    New Plymouth Motorcycle Center
    www.topstitch.co.nz/

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by bartshumandad View Post

Cheers
    Steve P
    Its a shame its track 3 and not the full track otherwise I'd be in for sure....

Bike
    Hornet
    Its a shame its track 3 and not the full track otherwise I'd be in for sure....
    Not that long ago Track 3 was all we had, besides Pukekohe . . .

Wassamatta, afraid of getting dizzy?

Thread Information