Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Multistrada 1200

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    Well....she should beon the way over the Tasman...I have the Stock code from NF and the VIN number...so I guess thats a start.

Accessories organised to date include
    - Fog lamps with SW Motech brackets
    - Trax aluminum panniers with extension bags
    - Ducati expanding carrier frame
    - GPS and Detector mount
    - Black MRA sport screen
    - OEM heated Grips.
    - Rizzoma Bar end mirrors
    - Tank bag mounting ring

Still to organise is...
    - Lots of 3 M clear
    - Chain Guard to minimise throw off.
    - +30% globes

Jury is still out on...
    - the exhaust and performance ECU
    - A whole new CF front mudguard that is much longer and lower at the back

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    I had a sit on one of these at the cape a week or so back and it was really nice to sit on and had loads of HQ gear on it and all. Very jealous. But on the ride back down, I was having a ball on the V Strom and couldn't help thinking that I couldn't see it being 20k better than a new Strom! Of course, I haven't ridden one! Thanks to the owner tho for letting a stranger sit on his new and precious machine!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    I had a sit on one of these at the cape a week or so back and it was really nice to sit on and had loads of HQ gear on it and all. Very jealous. But on the ride back down, I was having a ball on the V Strom and couldn't help thinking that I couldn't see it being 20k better than a new Strom! Of course, I haven't ridden one! Thanks to the owner tho for letting a stranger sit on his new and precious machine!
    Thanks for the thought...bit of a Ducati fan if you did not realize...I sat on one at Haldanes....any taller and it would be a problem... as it is I will need to watch where I stop...those Vstroms are supposed to be a good allround ride as well....

Bike
    MTS1200, ST-R,Sachs Madass
    Quote Originally Posted by LBD View Post
    Thanks for the thought...bit of a Ducati fan if you did not realize...I sat on one at Haldanes....any taller and it would be a problem... as it is I will need to watch where I stop...those Vstroms are supposed to be a good allround ride as well....
    I got both these bikes .... well Wee-strom at least. V-stroms are not to be under estimated, but as capable that they are,.... it ain't a MTS1200. Ergonomically, the wee strom sits lower - you tend to sit in the bike whereas the MTS you definitely sit higher with the handlebars wider and closer - more like a motard. Still quite tall though, and infact I always seem to catch my heel against the topbox whenever I dismount .... annoying that! Once you're onboard the MTS it's a great natural and comfortable ride. Try one .... you'll like it!

Thread Information