Thread: South Island Cup Round 2 with 150 Street Stock rider Alex Bowers

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

South Island Cup Round 2 with 150 Street Stock rider Alex Bowers

PRACTISE
    The wind had been gone for about half an hour now and the sun was out making it an excellant day. I got off to a good start around Teratonga as my race lines were working really good for me and my bike was going well also. The track conditions were quite wet at first with no dry lines, but that didn't last very long as more bikes circulated around the track.

RACE ONE
    I had a bad start to the race as my take off was shocking and then coming into turn 1 another four riders past me. But I didn't give up that easy, I fort back on lap 3 and 4 after i had carmed down and got back in to the groove by passing three riders witch put me in 6th. As soon as i got past them i pulled a gap over them. Four the next two laps i was out on my own as the front group had a faster pace then me. I finnshed a comfortable 6th place in race one.

RACE TWO
    I was 7th off the line, behind Zayne Agate. I was all over him in lap 1. I was sitting behind him waiting for him to make a mistake as i put the pressure on him. As we were coming up to the hair pin i placed my self on the out side of him, as i came into the hair pin i late braked him and went around the outside of him . This put me in his line whitch gave me the advantage coming around Brickwall. I finnshed 6th place again whitch gave me another soild finnsh.

RACE THREE
    I had another bad start whitch knocked me back to 8th in to turn 1. I was right behind Scout Fletcher as Zayne Agate was abit further ahead. As Scout pulled me along we closed right up on Zayne. I then past Scout as well as Zayne whitch put me in 6th as i slowly pulled away on them. As i came in to Castrol corner on lap four my bike started to lose power and slowly stoped, so i moved off the race line and pulled off the track. That ended my race!

I would like to thank all my sonsers Bowers Builders, Nz Pocketbike Imports, Sportz Fotoz, Advanced Digital Design, Whyteline and especially Peter Jones from Christchurch for all the help and support you guys have given me. THANKS!
    //ALEX//

Bike
    ducati & fzr400
    Good Write up Alex! I was doing the lap scoring for that meet, you were doing well. When I noticed that your number hadn't come across the line I had a look round the track and there you were off the side round by the esses, and thought bugger.....must be mechanical as you looked ok! Good luck with the rest of the SI Cup.

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    Quote Originally Posted by kit View Post
    Good Write up Alex! I was doing the lap scoring for that meet, you were doing well. When I noticed that your number hadn't come across the line I had a look round the track and there you were off the side round by the esses, and thought bugger.....must be mechanical as you looked ok! Good luck with the rest of the SI Cup.
    Thank you, could you tell me my results from that meeting if you can.
    //ALEX//

Bike
    ducati & fzr400
    Sorry I don't know the results, but you could contact steve winteringham his ph no is on the smcc website. He can prob help you.

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    Quote Originally Posted by kit View Post
    Sorry I don't know the results, but you could contact steve winteringham his ph no is on the smcc website. He can prob help you.
    Ok thank you.
    //ALEX//

Thread Information