Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: computer help please

Bike
    sold it :(
    I've got Friday free except for work from 4-5 if your desperate. Just pm me with directions. I've got to head out to Colemans on Friday anyway, and west auckland can't be that much further away.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    There is also the windows tool Disk Cleanup. Screenshot attached, the start of the menu structure might look different. You can run that, and it will show things you can delete.

When the window pops up, there is a second tab where you can delete other restore points (except the last one) so if the PC has been running good for a while, or when you last made a restore point the PC was fine, deleting the others will add a lot of space, depending on how much space you allowed it to have in the first place.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Disk Cleanup.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	161.9 KB 
ID:	11288  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Um ok guys n gals Sparky came over a week ago and got the puter runnning again but I really need a puter software expert to sort the danged thing out.
    PLEASE dont ask me techie stufff cos I dont know.I just want a puter running up to speed and jetstream running.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Jeez mate. Take some time off, come down here and I'll sort it for you. I'll even throw in MotoGP as well
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    Super Adventure 1290s, Bonnie T214
    Don't forget to switch off your anti virus when you defrag. Otherwise you may find it keeps re-retting itself or takes bloody ages as sectors may continue getting written to.

And disconnect your tinternet connection thingy
    This weeks international insult is in Malayalam:

Thavalayolee
    You Frog Fucker

Bike
    2005 Custom Moped
    you may be able to free up some space by running disk clean-up. 20% Freespace is good but if the HD is too small it dont leave much space for downloading. If you have 2 HDs they run better together if they are the same brand and run at the same speed. One big fast HD is the best and if anybody tells you different they are most likely trying to sell some cruddy old HD. Just as well I dont fix nothing

Bike
    2005 Custom Moped
    oh yes this old PC tech told me Defrag in safe mode is the intelligent thing to do as there is minimal things running=quicker by far. Hold down the Ctrl key during boot-up and safe mode will come up as an option

Bike
    2005 Custom Moped
    You need a Firewall Broadband means there is more bandwidth to steal. in laymans terms that isthe case

Thread Information