Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suzuki tourer?

Bike
    2018 Moto Guzzi V9
    C50T
    the T is for touring so it therefore must be a touring bike

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SV1000s
    The SV1K comes under the classification of sports tourer, but will need a more comfy seat fitted, as after about an hour on the damn thing, I start to get a sore bum.

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Think thats the same one Pixie got, his has a slight problem of the front lifting.
    I guess he'll have to eat more pies. I'll report if mine has a similar issue.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Thumpapotamus
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardNZ View Post
    The SV1K comes under the classification of sports tourer, but will need a more comfy seat fitted, as after about an hour on the damn thing, I start to get a sore bum.
    Pillion seats a bit of a laugh on those too, my elbows were on the tank and hurt my wrists alot while riding (not pillion). Do you find that on yours?

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Maha needs an R1200GSA. What can it do you might ask? Easy. Anything!

Bike
    Pillion
    Maha, Im assuming ya taking Mom along too. Have had several day trips recently on back of Busa (4 - 6 hr stretches). Bike primo to pillion on, much like yr Honda but more room on the back and didnt seem to sit quite so high...I can see speedo on the back of a Honda but not a Busa ( so less chance of a belt around the ears for speeding) lol......owner of said bike loves it and rates it one of his best yet
    It is entirely possible to teach an old blond new tricks!!!

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by allycatz View Post
    I can see speedo on the back of a Honda but not a Busa
    Which is really strange, because neither machine has a speedo on the back. In both cases these are located towards the front of the machine where the rider can see them. Indeed I know of no machine that has a separate instrument panel for pillion riders.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SV1000s
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzz976 View Post
    Pillion seats a bit of a laugh on those too, my elbows were on the tank and hurt my wrists alot while riding (not pillion). Do you find that on yours?
    The SVS riding position is known for aching wrists. Doesn't seem to bother me though. People who own the naked SV with a more upright riding position say its more agreeable on the wrists.

Bike
    Thumpapotamus
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardNZ View Post
    The SVS riding position is known for aching wrists. Doesn't seem to bother me though. People who own the naked SV with a more upright riding position say its more agreeable on the wrists.
    Only been on SVs and it was terrible for wrist ache... 5 mins and I was sore, also the huge difference in storage space under pillion seat compared to the TLR.
    And to top it off the semi nakedness of it I actually got wet pants and I never get that on the TL, didn't feel confident on the SV I must say.

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by skinman View Post
    C50T
    the T is for touring so it therefore must be a touring bike
    I personally could hardly disagree with this...
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    Its a Boat

18/07/16

Obvious dredge but as I sold the Tiger some weeks back, my thoughts of a replacement started prior to the sale. I really rue the day I sold the CB1300 and with that in mind, it's where I want to be again. Bikes in this category can be bought for around or less than $5K. So not necessarily a CB but that style of bike will suit our needs. There are some fine examples of the big naked's around at the moment and I have a mate going to check one out for me hopefully this week..A CB1300 sold last night ($1 res) on TM for $4300.

Bike
    SV 1000 S
    The sv is by no means a tourer. Even a sport tourer really. If you want something with effortless riding and loads of torque then look at the c109 or the m109r. Just done 1400kms over a weekend on my m109. No stress.

Sent from my portable microwave emitter

Bike

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    Don't think the market is there now for the full dress touring bikes like you used to see. When was the last time you saw a Gold-Wing ?

Suzuki's are good on a trip, just got to set them up right and ...away you go ..
    I saw a goldwing about an hour ago.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Obvious dredge but as I sold the Tiger some weeks back, my thoughts of a replacement started prior to the sale. I really rue the day I sold the CB1300 and with that in mind, it's where I want to be again. Bikes in this category can be bought for around or less than $5K. So not necessarily a CB but that style of bike will suit our needs. There are some fine examples of the big naked's around at the moment and I have a mate going to check one out for me hopefully this week..A CB1300 sold last night ($1 res) on TM for $4300.
    I only had one ride on a CB1300 but was very impressed. I've seen reference to a new model that would fill a similar place in the range but whether Blue Wing would bring it in is another matter. On looking around now all I can see is the proposed CB1100RS which appears to be an upgraded version of the retro model.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information