Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Suzuki tourer?

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I only had one ride on a CB1300 but was very impressed. I've seen reference to a new model that would fill a similar place in the range but whether Blue Wing would bring it in is another matter. On looking around now all I can see is the proposed CB1100RS which appears to be an upgraded version of the retro model.
    The CB is a wonderful bike an it's no secret that it's the one bike I wished I had never got rid of. Aesthetically I like the retro look over the S Model and added a small Givi screen to the bike made the longer rides so much more comfortable. I have yet to add a screen to the GSX but it needs is for the same reason.

The reason I got rid of the GSX-FA was down to our work and no time to ride, it was a very nice bike to ride but all too easy to ride a lot quicker than what is acceptable in certain area's.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I only had one ride on a CB1300 but was very impressed. I've seen reference to a new model that would fill a similar place in the range but whether Blue Wing would bring it in is another matter. On looking around now all I can see is the proposed CB1100RS which appears to be an upgraded version of the retro model.

LOL, told ya before, stop twisting IT so hard.
    Going the right way mate, not much to beat the CB.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSF1250s Bandit

Smile

I'm really impressed with my Suzuki 1250 Bandit for touring, done a number of long trips around the North Island and did just over 4000km around the South Island in May 2017. Just love the bike, really comfortable two up with all the gear. Fitted Oxford soft panniers, a Ventura Rack and an RJAYs expandable pack on the back to carry everything for 3+ weeks including the kitchen sink. Didn't even notice the extra weight, just had to be careful parking. The seat is a bit hard and so put sheepskin covers on attached with Velcro straps around the seat so I could pull them off easily if it rained.

Took quite a bit of Gopro video to film the trip and have recently posted a few videos on Youtube. Didn't initially plan to post on Youtube so there's no commentary other than the odd comment with my partner on the back. Fantastic roads, jaw dropping scenery and awesome bike!!!

Queenstown toward Glenorchy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8w4edrr0LY&t=2s

Wanaka to Franz Josef via Haast Pass
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT03o7oaKXU

Boarding the Awatere Interislander Wellington to Picton
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPw8SWg7WHE

Will add more videos to my channel when I get time.

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Bandit View Post
    I'm really impressed with my Suzuki 1250 Bandit for touring, done a number of long trips around the North Island and did just over 4000km around the South Island in May 2017. Just love the bike, really comfortable two up with all the gear. Fitted Oxford soft panniers, a Ventura Rack and an RJAYs expandable pack on the back to carry everything for 3+ weeks including the kitchen sink. Didn't even notice the extra weight, just had to be careful parking. The seat is a bit hard and so put sheepskin covers on attached with Velcro straps around the seat so I could pull them off easily if it rained.
    Yeah - Awesome bikes - mine's coming up to 90,000ks ... had it eight years ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Thread Information