Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suzuki tourer?

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Who remembers this? The 1989 GSX1100F with SPS, Suzuki Power Shield. It had a switch on the bike that electronically raised and lowered the screen. Suzuki love their acronyms apparently. SACS, SPS, TSCC, SRAD, etc.

Last edited by onearmedbandit; 8th October 2010 at 11:43.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    My brothers friend had the 750 in silver when it was brand new.

http://www.suzukicycles.org/photos/G...2W_Nov_800.jpg

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Yamaha have the FJR 1300
    Honda have the ST 1300
    Kawasaki have the Conours 1400

What do Suzuki have? Have I missed something here?
    The Bandit does not rate with the other three so its out of this class.
    Agree that Suzuki have the platform to do a Concours type based on the 'Busa .....I guess the economic climate's pulled the plug on the R&D for something along those lines .....even with the big corporates .

Nothing wrong with a 'Busa to wind the miles in though , I'm finishing a 2 up trip on my 'Busa tommorrow and we've done just under 2000 k's in less than a hand full of days. Been a ball .....300kms to go

My girl says her bum gets sore after about 90minutes but , that'd figure for most Bikes would'nt it ?

Bike
    07 GIXXER 75OOOHHHH
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    Nothing wrong with a 'Busa to wind the miles in though , I'm finishing a 2 up trip on my 'Busa tommorrow and we've done just under 2000 k's in less than a hand full of days. Been a ball .....300kms to go

My girl says her bum gets sore after about 90minutes but , that'd figure for most Bikes would'nt it ?
    Sore bum syndrome is a bugger lol,my pillion seat has been upgraded for $60,and thinking of doing to my seat,but spend a bit more hehe.
    Hello officer put it on my tab

Don't steal the government hates competition.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    There was the GSX1100G which had shaft drive so depending on how far removed that engine design was from the 1250 Bandit (as far as engine cases and transmission goes) it probably wouldn't be that hard for Suzuki to do a mix'n'match from the parts bins to create a Bandit based tourer. Put a barn door fairing, a top box/pannier combo and a decent seat and they should be good to go. Thats basically what they did with the GS1100 to create the GS1100GK which was hugely successful in the US, even though it was only supposed to be a stop-gap measure while the Cavalcade was being developed.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Suzuki GS1200SS,Moto Guzzi Bellagio 940
    As mentioned already.. the Bandit 1250, in its many dresses, is the Suzuki tourer. Cut price and just goes. Quiet a number of Sport Tourer shootouts give htis bike the nod over other Sport Tourers.

DL1000 & DL650 if you want something a little different, though the DL650 needs to lose weight and the DL1000 needs some horses back.

Bike
    Can Am Spyder RS. 2010
    I'm gonna regret this but whats wrong with the DL1000. Ok it needs lowering a bit unless you're over 6ft, and a new seat, and the screen fiddling with, and the gearing lowered a bit, then a speedo healer.......oh dear I'm sure you can think of other problems. 'er indoors likes it and I'm quite fond of it.
    The perversity of the universe tends towards a maximum

Bike
    Suzuki GS1200SS,Moto Guzzi Bellagio 940
    Nothing really wrong with a DL1000 (get a DL650 seat for it and you sit 2 inches lower) and two-up on both the DL Suzukis are great... torquey motors and tall suspension... you will never know yer passenger is there (cozy sitting position too).

Most of the bad rep came from when it was released the old SV1000 motor was geared down and only produced 98bhp... and the bigger motor eating more gas than the 650 version (obviously).

As always, take one for a ride. I would be looking for cornering ability and brakes on the DLxxxx bikes. The DL650 steers a little wide and the brakes are not the best under load... would assume similar traits on the DL1000.

Another DL trait is the buffering of wind from the wind-shield for riders of a certain height... clip on ait deflector works there (forget name of it).

Summers is basically here.... test drive them all.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Who remembers this? The 1989 GSX1100F with SPS, Suzuki Power Shield.
    Why remember when you can live with one comfy & supple once the suspension is sorted will punch through 260km/h though the fuel economy is horrid above 7000rpm

Were still making them up till 96 too

Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    There was the GSX1100G which had shaft drive.
    Big tank if there ever was one, same donk as the GSX1100F but with the shaft in a tubular steel frame, heavy as hell and thurstier than a dehydrated lizard
    There was a touring version with full fairing & full luggage option

Bike
    2010 suzuki gsx1400

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Yamaha have the FJR 1300
    Honda have the ST 1300
    Kawasaki have the Concours 1400

What do Suzuki have? Have I missed something here?
    The Bandit does not rate with the other three so its out of this class.
    I find my gsx1400 will do it

Bike
    None any more
    One more sleep to go until I acquire my first Suzuki, which is also a tourer. A GSX1250FA ST in Indy candy blue, to be precise. Whoar.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    One more sleep to go until I acquire my first Suzuki, which is also a tourer. A GSX1250FA ST in Indy candy blue, to be precise. Whoar.
    should be a nice bike....i would imagine fairly deceptive speed wise too....i went down to welly motorcycles after the first discussion about your new bike

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by grbaker View Post
    Nothing really wrong with a DL1000 (get a DL650 seat for it and you sit 2 inches lower) and two-up on both the DL Suzukis are great... torquey motors and tall suspension... you will never know yer passenger is there (cozy sitting position too).

Most of the bad rep came from when it was released the old SV1000 motor was geared down and only produced 98bhp... and the bigger motor eating more gas than the 650 version (obviously).

As always, take one for a ride. I would be looking for cornering ability and brakes on the DLxxxx bikes. The DL650 steers a little wide and the brakes are not the best under load... would assume similar traits on the DL1000.

Another DL trait is the buffering of wind from the wind-shield for riders of a certain height... clip on ait deflector works there (forget name of it).

Summers is basically here.... test drive them all.
    there is nothing wrong with the DL but they dont hold a candle to the "proper sports tourers that they are talking about .Sure they are completely over the top but that what makes them such a relaxed ride

Bike
    Thumpapotamus
    I find my TL is good for touring, not so great for pillion...

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Think thats the same one Pixie got, his has a slight problem of the front lifting.

Thread Information