Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go the Basic Skills Test

Bike
    91 FXR150r

Go the Basic Skills Test

Hi all

Thought you might like to know that after much procrastination and some deviation I am finally booked to go and prove myself in the basic riding arena this Saturday. Should be allot of fun on the CBR250 supplied by Mr Wright, although I will take my own helmet along to avoid other peoples germs etc.

So I figure once I have spent the two hundy, got the pretty piece of paper that proves I can go, stop, swerve and travel to the mindnumbing speed of 20kms per hour, I will head on down to VTNZ and play scratch and win, (well spend, scratch and win) and then I will be the proud holder of a motorcycle learners licence and a bright yellow and black L plate to attach to the back of my half of the VTR1000! (not!) lol

Not sure what bike I want to do my apprenticeship on, stifarms has a few ideas, but being a girlygirl I need it to be "cool" so when people ask me what bike I have I don't have to mumble and look at the ground wishing it would open up for me. Any thoughts people?

Well enough from me, I will post on Monday and let you know how it goes (well only if I pass that is!!!!!)

Over and Out!

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja
    fingers crossed and good luck!!!!!!
    it's easy peasy. Just keep it cool (not hard in this weather!!!)
    There's a few threads about going for your basic skills. Do a search to read hours of other peoples' crap, and see if it makes sense.. End of the day, you just have to do it at your pace, and don't feel preasured or rushed..

Bike
    Mid 80s superbike, Mid 00s superbike
    Be like a pirate and get an R R

PS: you can have my avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Ok im coming out of my closet just this one time , I too kinda have a curvy figure which makes it worse beacuse im a guy. Well the waist kinda goes in and the bum pushes out. When I was in college the girls in my year would slap me on the arse and squeeze because apparently it is firm, tight... I wear jeans
    .....if I find this as a signature Ill hunt you down, serious, capice?

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Good luck and ride safe

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Go Ms Girlygirl

If it's John Wright then from what I hear he's very good with the girls (*NO* NOT THAT WAY. Jeez, ya bunch of pervs). I mean, he's very sensitive and helpful. Just don't argue with him and let him tell you how woonderful he is, and you can't really fail. Even if you fall off, he'll let you have another go .(You won't fall off though)

A while ago he had a little Honda 125 (? small anyway) trailie there which sounded quite good, better than those clumsy 250's. Grab that if you can
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    91 FXR150r
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion

If it's John Wright then from what I hear he's very good with the girls (*NO* NOT THAT WAY. Jeez, ya bunch of pervs).
    Yeah it is John Wright and I gather from stifarms that he was a little unusual, but good at what he does, which is why I chose him not Passrite.

Everything will be cool as I have an amazing sence of balance!!! But I will keep an eye out for the 125, thx.

Bike
    Buell 1125R/FXR150 bucket
    Go Ms Girlygirl

If it's John Wright then from what I hear he's very good with the girls (*NO* NOT THAT WAY. Jeez, ya bunch of pervs). I mean, he's very sensitive and helpful. Just don't argue with him and let him tell you how woonderful he is, and you can't really fail. Even if you fall off, he'll let you have another go .(You won't fall off though)

A while ago he had a little Honda 125 (? small anyway) trailie there which sounded quite good, better than those clumsy 250's. Grab that if you can
    Agreed, my wife & two daughters did his course about 7mths ago & they found the FX125 very easy to handle (My wife is now the proud owner of one, see would not look at any thing else). My youngest, changed from the CB250 to the FX125 to complete the actual test.
    By the way my wife took her own helmet (Nolan flip up) & was allowed to ware it but he said he didn't like riders to ware full face ones, because he can't see there face!

Bike
    91 FXR150r
    Quote Originally Posted by HDTboy
    PS: you can have my avatar
    Thanks for the Avatar hdt, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to offer.

I am sure I have seen it somewhere else, though I can't quite put my finger on it.....

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by girlygirl
    Thanks for the Avatar hdt, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to offer.

I am sure I have seen it somewhere else, though I can't quite put my finger on it.....
    ptchah. Now we're not going to able to distinguish between a WINJA and a girlygirl. Guess it always was a bit hard to tell the diference eh
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    91 FXR150r

Thumbs up

ptchah. Now we're not going to able to distinguish between a WINJA and a girlygirl. Guess it always was a bit hard to tell the diference eh
    You are funny (haha or perculiar - I am not sure!)

Bike
    none...I gota sail boat
    Hi all

Thought you might like to know that after much procrastination and some deviation I am finally booked to go and prove myself in the basic riding arena this Saturday. Should be allot of fun on the CBR250 supplied by Mr Wright, although I will take my own helmet along to avoid other peoples germs etc.

So I figure once I have spent the two hundy, got the pretty piece of paper that proves I can go, stop, swerve and travel to the mindnumbing speed of 20kms per hour, I will head on down to VTNZ and play scratch and win, (well spend, scratch and win) and then I will be the proud holder of a motorcycle learners licence and a bright yellow and black L plate to attach to the back of my half of the VTR1000! (not!) lol

Not sure what bike I want to do my apprenticeship on, stifarms has a few ideas, but being a girlygirl I need it to be "cool" so when people ask me what bike I have I don't have to mumble and look at the ground wishing it would open up for me. Any thoughts people?

Well enough from me, I will post on Monday and let you know how it goes (well only if I pass that is!!!!!)

Over and Out!
    well i'll do the wright thing and stay far far far away(so ya don't git nervarse)
    22 beckons(it'll be for the best you understand)
    Hater of haters since 2012

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    yep, John Wright is a great guy, had him for by basic skills. You'll find he might go off on a tangent a few times when doing the lecture bit at the beginning, but he is extremely knowledgeable. Iirc he also helps set policy for the govt.

He has a scooter thingie, which is much smaller than the CB250, but you can still (from what I saw with another girl) do the odd sorta wheelie and stoppie and fall off...

but you'll have fun, he is also a passionate biker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Coming to a store near you
    Helmets? You guys had to wear helmets?
    I didn't when I did mine lol... And in the roadcode it says it cost $50 but I only paid $40....

Bike
    91 FXR150r
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin
    He has a scooter thingie, which is much smaller than the CB250, but you can still (from what I saw with another girl) do the odd sorta wheelie and stoppie and fall off...
    Oh come on now - I have absolutely no intention of being anything but a model bike learning citizen, and anywho, the VTR would surely be much more fun to do wheelies and stoppies on!!!!

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Oh come on now - I have absolutely no intention of being anything but a model bike learning citizen, and anywho, the VTR would surely be much more fun to do wheelies and stoppies on!!!!
    of course it would, but the girl that was riding the scooter also had no intention of doing anything other than learning. But she got the timing of accelerator and clutch a little wrong.

But if you've ridden the VTR, then I seriously doubt you will have any trouble at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Thread Information