Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Computer Help!! IE crashing

Bike
    1998 suzuki RG150e (AETC)... X2
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneChucker
    Did all of you who are experiencing the problems I have already documented in the "Beta Testing" thread run the program that required "beta testing". If the only people experiencing problems are the ones who ran that program, then it's pretty fucken obvious where the problem lies, and I suspect someone will have a SHITload of explaining to do.

I'm sorry if I'm jumping to conclusions, but this only started for me the second after I ran that program (again, which didn't even work, just caused an error itself...).

well?
    My problems happened months before that thread was even posted, so, no
    I suffer from hooliganism.... Know me before you judge me
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...7&postcount=83
    i need to practice my "this shit doesn't burn" face
    Welcome, ZorsT.
    You last visited: 1st November 2007 at 22:15

Bike
    GSF1200S K6 Bandit
    Nope didn't d-load any proggy
    Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    Lol, I admire your sense of humour mate, good to see a few of us don't mind a bit of stirring

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Same problem has just started for me as well. Happen when I went to my User CP page and clicked on the "Ages" thread. This was before finding this Thread. Has happen twice tonight. If someone is fu*king about, they better hope that I don't find out who they are
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Quote Originally Posted by RiderInBlack
    Same problem has just started for me as well. Happen when I went to my User CP page and clicked on the "Ages" thread. This was before finding this Thread. Has happen twice tonight. If someone is fu*king about, they better hope that I don't find out who they are
    AND FUCKEN AGAIN
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    2001 Duc 7 4 8 R
    Anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it?[/QUOTE]

It's someone Avatar causing IE to crash , get the same thing here.
    Rather than loading yet another internet browser just go into your user Cp
    click on "edit options" and make sure that "Show Avatars" is not selected. You and other IE users will be fine after doing this.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooch
    Anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it?
    click on "edit options" and make sure that "Show Avatars" is not selected. You and other IE users will be fine after doing this.[/QUOTE]

Somehow I doubt that considering that it started before I changed my avatar and even before John and tristank changed thiers. Still waiting on firefox to download.

Had it twice but when I tried running the instal program it said "unidentified error" third time's a charm I hope.

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Bike
    Mid 80s superbike, Mid 00s superbike
    click on "edit options" and make sure that "Show Avatars" is not selected. You and other IE users will be fine after doing this.
    You reckon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Ok im coming out of my closet just this one time , I too kinda have a curvy figure which makes it worse beacuse im a guy. Well the waist kinda goes in and the bum pushes out. When I was in college the girls in my year would slap me on the arse and squeeze because apparently it is firm, tight... I wear jeans
    .....if I find this as a signature Ill hunt you down, serious, capice?

Bike
    2001 Duc 7 4 8 R
    Quote Originally Posted by HDTboy
    You reckon?
    Here's the stange thing ... I turned off veiwing avatars in my profile and IE no longer crashed on http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=12978, I then turned viewing avatars back on and all seems ok.WTF

Bike
    Mid 80s superbike, Mid 00s superbike
    Here's the stange thing ... I turned off veiwing avatars in my profile and IE no longer crashed on http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=12978, I then turned viewing avatars back on and all seems ok.WTF
    It crashed 3 times while i was trying to open this thread and that one.

PS. I accept no responsibility for anything in that thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Ok im coming out of my closet just this one time , I too kinda have a curvy figure which makes it worse beacuse im a guy. Well the waist kinda goes in and the bum pushes out. When I was in college the girls in my year would slap me on the arse and squeeze because apparently it is firm, tight... I wear jeans
    .....if I find this as a signature Ill hunt you down, serious, capice?

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I will bet a billion dollars that my (shit) program does nothing want the source code?
    Must agree. It is not impossible that the program could cause problems WHEN RUNNING (though very unlikely). But unce unloaded it CANNOT cause any issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    big gay1 that I am not licenced to use
    Actually, I think there was a .gif vunerablitly not so long ago - goto windows update if you have problems...
    I think it was due to buffering and gif files, could also be spank having fun with the java, but I'm to lazy to look...

Bike
    Sweet Fcuk All
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I will bet a billion dollars that my (shit) program does nothing want the source code?
    Dammit, I'm short 60 bucks, after next payday?
    Hey, I didn't MEAN to accuse you, just said IF the problems were ONLY experienced by people who had run the program, then it would be a little suspicious

It was a VERY unfortunate timing of events, that's all.

Ixion, a program that has been run can set it so that it loads each time with windows. When I open the task manager, under processes there is so much shit there I wouldn't be able to tell if something was there that shouldn't be.
    Maybe it is something on this site, one would have to close KB and surf other pages for a while. If nothing happened, and it immediately happened after loading KB up again then I guess it's on KB. These sorts of problems are hard to diagnose. What is obvious is that alot of us here have recently begun to experience it, so that leads me to believe it's a KB thing, or there is a new virus, trojan or other windows issue going about.

EDIT: Oh, to be completely honest, I don't always wear protection when using KB... But I thought we were all friends

Bike
    Super Adventure 1290s, Bonnie T214
    Switch to Firefox

IE used to crash on me all the time. Ever since I've used Firefox I've never had any problems. Besides Firefox doesn't have all the security flaws IE does. And you wont be supporting Microshaft.
    This weeks international insult is in Malayalam:

Thavalayolee
    You Frog Fucker

Bike
    big gay1 that I am not licenced to use
    Dammit, I'm short 60 bucks, after next payday?
    Hey, I didn't MEAN to accuse you, just said IF the problems were ONLY experienced by people who had run the program, then it would be a little suspicious

It was a VERY unfortunate timing of events, that's all.

Ixion, a program that has been run can set it so that it loads each time with windows. When I open the task manager, under processes there is so much shit there I wouldn't be able to tell if something was there that shouldn't be.
    Maybe it is something on this site, one would have to close KB and surf other pages for a while. If nothing happened, and it immediately happened after loading KB up again then I guess it's on KB. These sorts of problems are hard to diagnose. What is obvious is that alot of us here have recently begun to experience it, so that leads me to believe it's a KB thing, or there is a new virus, trojan or other windows issue going about.

EDIT: Oh, to be completely honest, I don't always wear protection when using KB... But I thought we were all friends
    Nah I knew what you meant fair biscuits though, ah vb.net isnt a language that you will see many viruses or such in, its the biggest most dumb hunk of want to be OOP language ever. if your ever wondering what is running on boot (on xp and me 98 etc) click start->run and type in "msconfig" click the startup tab and you can see it all, if your having problems I normally disable all of them and reboot, normally fixes any problems if they want to occur..

Nah its cool I'll just take the R1 for a test drive, give it a real genuine kawasaki rider thrashing (if you saw that thread of all the people on the corner and the kawa fellow off in the background..)

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Yes, it can load a registry setting that will do that. But that little school exercise of Mr John's didn't have anything like that in it.

And if it had I would have known immediately, because my registry is heavily protected (I do work with stuff that really does try to do such things) , and anything that tries to alter it (without express permission) will be clobbered fast

(I ran and tested Mr Johns little proggy without any issues )
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Thread Information