Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Computer Help!! IE crashing

Bike
    none

Computer Help!! IE crashing

Ok something is going on here. Everynow and then I get this message saying there is something wrong with IE and it shuts down on me. I've run ad-aware, spybot and windows virus checker they all come up empty. It didn't start doing this until I defraged my hard drive the other day. Pic of the message I get below. This is only happening on this site, all the others I use are fine.

Also my home page is changed. I get this aboutblank thing when my home page is supposed to be KB. I change it in my internet options but it changes back after the page window closes.

Anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	11324  
    Last edited by Waylander; 9th June 2005 at 19:27.

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Bike
    Mid 80s superbike, Mid 00s superbike
    Mine's doing it too, i send a report to MS each time, soon they'll get sick of it and fix it
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Ok im coming out of my closet just this one time , I too kinda have a curvy figure which makes it worse beacuse im a guy. Well the waist kinda goes in and the bum pushes out. When I was in college the girls in my year would slap me on the arse and squeeze because apparently it is firm, tight... I wear jeans
    .....if I find this as a signature Ill hunt you down, serious, capice?

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja
    tried binning the cache and cookies for this site (means you'll loose your 'auto login' til next time)? Look for files that have 'kiwibiker.co.nz' on, or from this site, or whatever Spank has called the cookies. Might be corrupt.

Also, do you have another user account on your PC? If so, try it on KB and see if you can get the same thing to happen. If you don't have another account, might be an idea to set one up as a 'just in case' thing..

Else, if all else fails, buy a mac.

Bike
    big gay1 that I am not licenced to use
    simple answer spyware, go save yourself from that crap here

www.mozilla.org

Get FireFox
    And
    Thunderbird (as a outlook replacement)

I use both and never get spy ware ever nor viruses.

Bike
    none
    I don't use outlook express. Gettin firefox now. Hopefully I wont get another one of those things while it's downloading.

Sever
    Now and forever

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander
    I don't use outlook express. Gettin firefox now. Hopefully I wont get another one of those things while it's downloading.
    Might also pay to run (http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/) once your done to get rid of the crap that IE has left in its wake....

Bike
    1998 suzuki RG150e (AETC)... X2
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander
    Ok something is going on here. Everynow and then I get this message saying there is something wrong with IE and it shuts down on me. I've run ad-aware, spybot and windows virus checker they all come up empty. It didn't start doing this until I defraged my hard drive the other day. Pic of the message I get below. This is only happening on this site, all the others I use are fine.

Also my home page is changed. I get this aboutblank thing when my home page is supposed to be KB. I change it in my internet options but it changes back after the page window closes.

Anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it?
    exactly that problem is what made me change to firefox. It was pissing me off so bad i almost formatted my harddrive...
    I suffer from hooliganism.... Know me before you judge me
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...7&postcount=83
    i need to practice my "this shit doesn't burn" face
    Welcome, ZorsT.
    You last visited: 1st November 2007 at 22:15

Bike
    Maybe spuds av caused it?
    Ok im coming out of my closet just this one time , I too kinda have a curvy figure which makes it worse beacuse im a guy. Well the waist kinda goes in and the bum pushes out. When I was in college the girls in my year would slap me on the arse and squeeze because apparently it is firm, tight... I wear jeans

Bike
    GSF1200S K6 Bandit

How wierd

Hmm strange, was looking at this thread, scrolled down a bit then got the same error message, its never happened before.

Maybe aliens have taken over KB'r
    Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    Lol, I admire your sense of humour mate, good to see a few of us don't mind a bit of stirring

Bike
    Sweet Fcuk All

SERIOUS QUESTION!!!!!

Did all of you who are experiencing the problems I have already documented in the "Beta Testing" thread run the program that required "beta testing". If the only people experiencing problems are the ones who ran that program, then it's pretty fucken obvious where the problem lies, and I suspect someone will have a SHITload of explaining to do.

I'm sorry if I'm jumping to conclusions, but this only started for me the second after I ran that program (again, which didn't even work, just caused an error itself...).

well?

Bike
    06 10 WITH ALL THE FANCY BITS
    Ohhh yes.. mozilla is 'the shizzle'.

By the way, waylander (lol that was too many 'ways' for one sentence), try stay away from weird themes and custom whatevermajiggies. I find that the computers that come in to be fixed with all those flashy cursors and icons and stuff always need fixing/reimaging, because the flash stuff brings a whole lot of nasties in with it

When you get mozilla... make use of the tabbed browsing.. it is very usefull!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneChucker
    Did all of you who are experiencing the problems I have already documented in the "Beta Testing" thread run the program that required "beta testing". If the only people experiencing problems are the ones who ran that program, then it's pretty fucken obvious where the problem lies, and I suspect someone will have a SHITload of explaining to do.

I'm sorry if I'm jumping to conclusions, but this only started for me the second after I ran that program (again, which didn't even work, just caused an error itself...).

well?
    I will bet a billion dollars that my (shit) program does nothing want the source code?

Bike
    none
    Nah mate it's not that cause I didn't even so much as open that file. It's gotta be something else.

Bugjuice: I just noticed the advice you gave up there(yea it did it to me again after I read HDTboy's response) I tried that and it is still doing it. Have another 56 minutes till firefox is downloaded and if that doesn't work, then I don't know what else to try.

Sever
    Now and forever

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by tristank
    Ohhh yes.. mozilla is 'the shizzle'.

By the way, waylander (lol that was too many 'ways' for one sentence), try stay away from weird themes and custom whatevermajiggies. I find that the computers that come in to be fixed with all those flashy cursors and icons and stuff always need fixing/reimaging, because the flash stuff brings a whole lot of nasties in with it

When you get mozilla... make use of the tabbed browsing.. it is very usefull!
    Only thing of those that I have is the Halo one from the windows website. Got it several months ago so unless it was a delayed thing then I don't think that is it.

Sever
    Now and forever

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneChucker

well?
    I wouldn't touch Johns handy work, and I'm affected by this problem

Thread Information