Thread: Basic stunting help

Bike
    bandit

Basic stunting help

Hi, i ride a gsf250 bandit and im wanting to learn some basic stunts, what stunts are easyish to learn with practice? and how do i do them? also any bike set up tips for them eg tire pressures? I want to learn to stoppie, any tips?

Thanks heaps for any help you give me.

Bike
    Ratty As
    I have a gsf250 bandit and the front suspension will fully compress/front tyre will lock before the back even thinks about lifting up.
    Do it three times from a decent speed and the front brakes will smoke.
    Have accidentally lifted the front a few times though..
    What I'm saying is probably have the wrong bike, depending on how much you have to spend on it.

•°o.O[Design & Photography]O.o°•
    •°o.O[Book of faces]O.o°•

Bike
    05 Kawasaki ZX6RR
    your gonna die doing stoppies on anything smaller than a 600, though I have seen really sick ones pulled on a fzr400.
    Bottom line is you can wheelie anything, its just some things are easier than others.
    You could do if you lower the gearing, rev it out to just under redline and dump the clutch, but it will never power wheelie!!
    for your bike pretty much he only mods you could do are lower gearing, maybe down 2 in the front up 2 in the rear, youll loose top end speed but you wont have fuck all of that anyway. And chuck a set of dirt bike bars on there to sweeten the riding position.

Bike
    bandit
    Hi, thanks for your help. My dream bike is a cbr600f 2000 model, and i have just read that they stunt reasonably. I will wait for a bigger bike now. What bikes are best for stunts? I could get the gn250 front about a foot in the air, but more fun to ride that bike sitting on the tank with your knees controlling the bars

Bike
    Ratty As
    Well if you don't mind the lack of comfort or open road ability, I've wanted one of these for a while...

Although any reasonable 250 motard would prob do most of that. Keen!

•°o.O[Design & Photography]O.o°•
    •°o.O[Book of faces]O.o°•

Quote Originally Posted by Dare View Post
    I have a gsf250 bandit and the front suspension will fully compress/front tyre will lock before the back even thinks about lifting up.
    Do it three times from a decent speed and the front brakes will smoke.
    Have accidentally lifted the front a few times though..
    What I'm saying is probably have the wrong bike, depending on how much you have to spend on it.
    that sounds like poor technique rather than the bikes fault
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    Black/Green 2011 Daytona 675LE
    CBR600f3 is a good starting place. Steel frame-easily repaired, good power, fuel pump to keep the carbs full when its stood up or nose down etc and CHEAP!

ZXR636 if your halfway good as its soooo smooth and sooo grunty down low for a 4cylinder. Shitloads of eBay parts to mod it for stunting, cages, bars, large sprockets, 12o'clock bars etc

My dream ride is a Street Triple R though.

Best learner bike is a Trials bike. Failing that, something ike the old WR200 or KTM200enduro bikes are a good low seat height start point.

This is all based on my own limited experience, I used to ride ramp and flatland on bmx's and MTB's before racing and FMXing YZ's and then trying roadbikes. I've been on the 675 ever since and the 636 over the last few weeks during the 675's rebuild. I also used to ride with James Lawton (Ex Kiwi junior Trials Champ) and Stefan Merriman (Ex World Junior Trials Champ) and Luke Wara, Tim Watson and Rhys Deluie - the first NZ FMX competitors back in 2000

CBR600f3 will be me and Alesix' next project for an Auckland based practice bike for us to play on.
    Parental advisory: Your kids may accidentally wake up and realize the bullshit that fills our world.

Bike
    05 Kawasaki ZX6RR
    F2/f3s are the shit, I have 1 of each at the moment and looking to pickup another one tomorrow all going well.
    They are pretty bomb proof to learn on and the power delivery is good through the rev range. Ideally you want to run an f3 with f2 carbs on it as they run better at bp but itll take you a long time to get to that point.
    Otherwise just flip the clips and away you go.

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Quote Originally Posted by bombsquad View Post
    your gonna die doing stoppies on anything smaller than a 600, though I have seen really sick ones pulled on a fzr400.
    Bottom line is you can wheelie anything, its just some things are easier than others.
    You could do if you lower the gearing, rev it out to just under redline and dump the clutch, but it will never power wheelie!!
    for your bike pretty much he only mods you could do are lower gearing, maybe down 2 in the front up 2 in the rear, youll loose top end speed but you wont have fuck all of that anyway. And chuck a set of dirt bike bars on there to sweeten the riding position.
    i had a ZXR250 that was brilliant for stoppies, could get the arse end nice and high and keep it rolling near bp for a decent length, though usually only from 60kph down, not much faster.
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    i had a ZXR250 that was brilliant for stoppies, could get the arse end nice and high and keep it rolling near bp for a decent length, though usually only from 60kph down, not much faster.
    My DRZ was good fun too!

no clutch needed to get the front up quick on that

Thread Information