Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hells Angels go to war… with fashion designer

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F

Hells Angels go to war… with fashion designer

The Hells Angels has a new enemy… British Fashion House Alexander McQueen.

The bike group has threatened legal action over a range of clothes and accessories featuring a skull and wings death head design. Copyright does not seem to be the only issue, as the Angel’s lawyers suggest a health and safety angle. "This isn't just about money, it's about membership," Hells Angels lawyer Fritz Clapp told the New York Post. "If you've got one of these rings on, a member might get really upset that you're an imposter."

This is not the first time the Hells Angels has felt the need to take to the courts, famously suing Walt Disney for image issues in their ‘Wild Hogs’ movie starring John Travolta.
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    It's a bit more than just a copyright. I'm pretty sure it's trademarked internationally, under Hells Angels Corporation or something along those lines.
    Find out more at www.unluckyones.co.nz

Bike
    Two wheeler
    Does that mean I can't go out with my Alexander McQueen handbag to my local ??

Bike
    Triumph Sprint ST
    Quote Originally Posted by admenk View Post
    Not if you value your health and safety

Bike
    CB750
    I would not be caught wearing anything with the hells angels logo's, I mean isnt that a Gay Bikers club?

Bike
    RATS & RICE
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by admenk View Post
    just in Wanganui

Bike
    Modified 2014 Bonnie
    Quote Originally Posted by bsasuper View Post
    I would not be caught wearing anything with the hells angels logo's, I mean isnt that a Gay Bikers club?

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    One thing that IS interesting is you can buy HA supporters gear easily.

The issue is, like many MCs, the actual logo is for members only and no supporters gear is allowed to resemble a members cuts or contain the actual logo.

The logos and design of the cuts are often trademarked.

If you wanted HA stuff, there are a number of places you can buy Support 81 or The Big Red Machine shirts, hats, hoodies, belts, etc
    Find out more at www.unluckyones.co.nz

Bike
    Triumph Speedmaster 900
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    The Hells Angels has a new enemy…

This is not the first time the Hells Angels has felt the need to take to the courts, famously suing Walt Disney for image issues in their ‘Wild Hogs’ movie starring John Travolta.
    Curious to know what the issue was in Wild Hogs, thought the movie was funny..... Were the logo's too much like the Hells Angels, or was it the the taking over a town like the bikers in the 50's?
    I am freindly really, I only bite when provoked

Bike
    xr1200hd,99 dyna + choppers
    If you saw the broach they made it was an exact copy of the deathhead so I think they have a case

Bike
    CB750
    Th only case to answer is the hell's angels for their criminal activity, and why would you want to wear supporters gear from them, unless of course you wanted everyone else to know that you are also Gay.

Bike
    xr1200hd,99 dyna + choppers
    See it's easy to call a hells angel gay when you are on the computor but can't see you saying it to there faces so best you just keep your mouth shut,unless you are man enough to front them.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOUG View Post
    See it's easy to call a hells angel gay when you are on the computor but can't see you saying it to there faces so best you just keep your mouth shut,unless you are man enough to front them.
    With what HA try to depict of themselves to the public he shouldn't be worried?

They're just a big boys social free-in-the-wind motorcycle club out to fund-raise for sufferers of various medical conditions is what I picked up...
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    CB750
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOUG View Post
    Well er yes I have fronted them in my previous employment, they are tough in a pack, but get them alone and they squeal like a pig.

Its just the way I see them, I mean

1. They all wear matching clothes
    2.They have club houses for secret "meetings"
    3.I've seen a couple of them rolling around on the ground shouting "im gonna fuck you up"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by bsasuper View Post
    Well according to others on this site - they must be gay because they wave to me, and we all know that waving is like so lame but Headhunters wave too, so are they gay?

Thread Information