Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic run in Christchurch

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Wow! - a great thread, I'd join in if I lived nearer.

I have a black-belt in nana-riding so that kind of modest pace would suit me fine - no feeling a need to fang-it everywhere or getting passed by ego-riders
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    If I get the scoot back together in time I might come and play catch up for a while, assuming it can actually make it up to the summit road in the first place.
    My old bike has 24 hp and weighs 340kg, and I am often 2 up, it also boils the carbs when it gets hot. It takes me ages also to clinb up hills, but I get there in the end.
    Just another leather clad Tinkerbell.
    The Wanker on the Fucking Harley is going for a ride!

Bike
    A Japanese and two Italian tractors
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    My old bike has 24 hp and weighs 340kg, and I am often 2 up, it also boils the carbs when it gets hot. It takes me ages also to clinb up hills, but I get there in the end.
    And frequently before most of the mob have got their gloves off!!! (some of us have very tight gloves)
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gloplg View Post
    And frequently before most of the mob have got their gloves off!!! (some of us have very tight gloves)
    Some of us can't get their gloves off because we are such tight fisted wankers, see I said it.

Bike
    '87 GSX750SF Katana, 08 Cagiva Raptor
    Sigh...

Am now working this day so I can afford to hit up the KB rally.

Why cant I have lots of money and do the things I want when I want. Lifes just not fair.

Bike
    Some of us can't get their gloves off because we are such tight fisted wankers, see I said it.
    Oh I say Sir!!!!!!!!!!

I take it you are speaking for yourself and not anyone else????!!!!!!!!
    And remember ...... if it hasn't got one of "Uncle Flip's" prosthetic kickers it isn't a real motorbike!!!

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    Spoke to Norman from the Godley Point historic association. He said there was a working party there on Sunday cleaning off graffiti. They know a few bikes are coming and the place will be unlocked.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Spoke to Norman from the Godley Point historic association. He said there was a working party there on Sunday cleaning off graffiti. They know a few bikes are coming and the place will be unlocked.
    Now I need to sort my shit out and get the scoot back together by sunday morning.

It's a great place up there to have a poke around at all the bits and pieces hiding amongst the trees
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    A few pics for the album
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clas1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	157.3 KB 
ID:	225316   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clas3.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	157.3 KB 
ID:	225317   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clas2.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	218.9 KB 
ID:	225318   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clas5.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	225319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clas4.jpg 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	225320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clas6.jpg 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	225321  

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    Sunday Jan 2nd, Out to Okains bay on as many of the back roads as possible for a visit at the Okains Bay Museum.

http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=d&so...,0.877533&z=10

http://www.okainsbaymuseum.co.nz/

Start outside the Canterbury Mueseum at 10,00 for a 10,30 depature.

I'm not opposed to taking the around bays and going over Gebbies, but its going to be a long ride at 80kph for me as is. There is petrol and a small shop in Okains bay. Again like last time bring your walking shoes, a lunch and some thing to drink. There is a lovely beach which is worth a look see. Okains bay is very popular this time of year so expect to see a few people over there. Just a note about the road, the drop down from the summit road into Okains bay is very steep, I have to be carefull I don't burn my brakes out going down and it's a first gear slog for my old bike coming up.

It's going to be interesting doing the Akaroa GP on Sunday morning, but its nothing to worry about. Keep to the left and let them pass.

I suggest the we or at least the old bikes come back to town in a group. I should have Crowe on standby again with my ute if we need it.

Bike
    1994 Yamaha Zeal
    Sunday Jan 2nd, Out to Okains bay on as many of the back roads as possible for a visit at the Okains Bay Museum.

http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=d&so...,0.877533&z=10

http://www.okainsbaymuseum.co.nz/

I'm not opposed to taking the around bays and going over Gebbies, but its going to be a long ride at 80kph for me as is. There is petrol and a small shop in Okains bay. Again like last time bring your walking shoes, a lunch and some thing to drink. There is a lovely beach which is worth a look see. Okains bay is very popular this time of year so expect to see a few people over there. Just a note about the road, the drop down from the summit road into Okains bay is very steep, I have to be carefull I don't burn my brakes out going down and it's a first gear slog for my old bike coming up.

It's going to be interesting doing the Akaroa GP on Sunday morning, but its nothing to worry about. Keep to the left and let them pass.

I suggest the we or at least the old bikes come back to town in a group. I should have Crowe on standby again with my ute if we need it.
    Is the meeting point at the museum again? Sounds like a good ride. I will try find the cable for my cell phone and add some pics of that Porsche and Alfa Romeo and some of the bikes. If I'm in Chch on the 2nd then I'll probably be keen.

Cheers for organising it Flip. Did Ted enjoy the trip back? I assume him being wet on the way back helped the wind cool him down for the drive home.
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'd rather eat cat shit with a knitting needle than go to Green Day

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    Ted was a little shit at the pub, tried to pick a fight with another dog there.

I have added the start point to the previous post.

Bike
    CJ 750
    Flip this is a great idea (just found the thread today), we need something like this in Wellington. Today I took the CJ on the annual toy ride, Paremata into town. I certainly wasn't last out of the starting blocks but was last by miles when we got to town.

Appears to me it turned into a race when we got on the motorway, everyone was flying past me. I lost sight of the last one around Tawa turnoff, got to the gorge and a couple of bikes past me and waved. I figured they were on the run and followed them which turned out to be the wrong way

It really surprised me when we were parked up and checking out the rides how modern, clean and shiny everything was. Was 1 super nice restored Commando, a couple of trumpies, 3 v8 trikes, 2 scooters and the other 500+ bikes were modern. You know the type that don't smell like motorsykles!

Yesterday I had the CJ on a Bronz charity ride for SPCA, did about 120km, most at a leisurely pace. I actually lead the pack for about half an hour. The ride into town was a tight group doing 70 - 80k.

Must look into this further.

Bike
    09 Bonneville, 79 SR500
    Thanks for organising this ride Flip, it was great, and you did a wonderful job with the weather gods too.

Ted was a little shit at the pub, tried to pick a fight with another dog there.
    And he was so good up 'til then too - the short leash seemed to do the trick though.

Pics
    1. Ready to go
    2. Ted
    3. Nice old Porsche and Alfa
    4. Regroup at start of Godley Head Rd
    5. Godley Head carpark
    6. Lunch for 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000747.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	225415   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000750.JPG 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	225417   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000751.JPG 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	225419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000754.JPG 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	225418   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000757.JPG 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	225416   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000761.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	225420  
    The views expressed above may not match yours - But that's the reason my Dad went to war - wasn't it?
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, .... but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,... shouting "man, what a ride"!!!

Bike
    1972 Honda CB350 AND 2002 XJR1300

Thank you Flip!!

I had a great day.... thoroughly enjoyed the summit today on the smaller bike. She coughed and spluttered a little bit but was beautiful on the way home with not a problem. So I think she was just telling me off for leaving her in garage for so long.

Two fellow lady "Classic bike owners" were sorry they missed the ride and promised they'll keep a better eye on the threads so perhaps next time the AJS and the other Honda and maybe even that gorgeous triumph her hubby has, will be out with us.

As well as the ride the wander about the Gun emplacements was really cool and between you all, it was fascinating listening to the bloke talk and getting the answers to my questions. A really great day and the photos are cool too!!
    Thanks everyone, if I'm in town I'll see you next time.
    WHEN I AM AN OLD WOMAN I SHALL RIDE PURPLE................AGAIN
    http://www.zigzag.co.nz - Its the Arty Farty in me!!

Thread Information