Thread: Scams....Paypal from the 'States

Bike
    2001 Bandit 1200S, 1996 Triumph T/Bird

Scams....Paypal from the 'States

Dunno if this has been posted before, but here goes... (Too computor illiterate to do engine search thingy whatsit.....)

Recently made a purchase of two things on Tardme using creditcard... A couple of days later we get an email saying we had purchased stuff on Paypal, (for stuff we haven't bought...), two items, like from Tardme, for a similar price... "and it will appear on your Visa statement shortly. If you want to dispute the purchase, click here (on a "dispute the payment" icon thingy panel...)."

Thinking this had something to do with the recent purchase, I thought hmmm....... and mistakenly clicked on the panel, but luckily, (I think...) it went to a paypal sign up site..... so closed it down.

CHecked the Visa - nothing there.

Thinking somethings up, rang Visa and they advise to delete and then delete the deleted stuff part.....

It is a scam.....

Farken con artist arsewipes...... Hope the disease that they already are, turns fatal....

So you's fellas and fellesses out there know.....

Bike
    Yamaha FZR 250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Dunno if this has been posted before, but here goes... (Too computor illiterate to do engine search thingy whatsit.....)

Recently made a purchase of two things on Tardme using creditcard... A couple of days later we get an email saying we had purchased stuff on Paypal, (for stuff we haven't bought...), two items, like from Tardme, for a similar price... "and it will appear on your Visa statement shortly. If you want to dispute the purchase, click here (on a "dispute the payment" icon thingy panel...)."

Thinking this had something to do with the recent purchase, I thought hmmm....... and mistakenly clicked on the panel, but luckily, (I think...) it went to a paypal sign up site..... so closed it down.

CHecked the Visa - nothing there.

Thinking somethings up, rang Visa and they advise to delete and then delete the deleted stuff part.....

It is a scam.....

Farken con artist arsewipes...... Hope the disease that they already are, turns fatal....

So you's fellas and fellesses out there know.....
    The page links are completely fake and clicking on such links can introduce programs/viruses/trojans etc onto your computer that monitor your key presses, so make sure you run a full scan on your computer.

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    I'm getting them too - at the rate of two or three a day - I don't even use Paypal...

Just the usual phishing scam.
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Virago View Post
    I'm getting them too - at the rate of two or three a day - I don't even use Paypal...

Just the usual phishing scam.
    Same, have never used Paypal, I have them automatically consigned to junk now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    I get heaps of them along the lines of..."Your kiwibank/asb/anz/westpac(choose your brand) account has been frozen due to blah blah blah...please tell us all the stuff so we can raid your account".

The fact that I have no account with that particular bank usually makes me just a tad suspicious...

Oh and I get the Paypal ones as well. I do use a paypal account but always ignore any emails I get purporting to be from them...I figure if anything really does happen to the account I'll hear about it one day. But not via email...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I have been getting heaps about an RC place - I have put a rule in place to block anything that says $29.99!

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Anyone want a web link to a penis enlarger - I get the emails occasionally but I obviously don't require the enlarger.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    I have been getting heaps about an RC place - I have put a rule in place to block anything that says $29.99!
    Yeah, I have been getting the same one
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    "You have paid $28.99 to Debbie`s RC World !"

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    I hate the UPS ones, particularly when I am expecting a UPS delivery.

Not nice people and unlikely to be motorcyclists

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by Virago View Post
    "You have paid $28.99 to Debbie`s RC World !"
    lol, yeh. obvious fake though, the selection icon thingy comes up anywhere on the page, not just on the 'if you wanna dispute' bit and the place it links you to nothing works (links etc) except the panels to enter your paypal details....you'd be a bit silly to get caught out by this one....
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    lol, yeh. obvious fake though, the selection icon thingy comes up anywhere on the page, not just on the 'if you wanna dispute' bit and the place it links you to nothing works (links etc) except the panels to enter your paypal details....you'd be a bit silly to get caught out by this one....
    As usual, lots of people are stupid enough to get sucked in. It's been around for about 3 years, but a quick bit of googling reveals they're targeting NZ email addresses at present.

Certainly Debbie's RC World aren't happy about it:

http://www.debbiesrcworld.com/Scam.html

Bike
    R1100s / SV400
    Saw the same one come through our place about a week ago. Never used paypal for anything so deleted it accordingly.

Slight surge sideways, but still about weird stuff comming through on statements:
    I read in the paper seceral years ago about an English Gent who was touring NZ in a camper van with his teen aged son and stopped for groceries at the Big Fresh Supermarket in the Christchurch suburb of Shirley. A couple of days later he got an irate call from his wife (still in the UK) asking who "Big Fresh Shirley" was and why she had charged several hundred dollars to their credit card.
    Soccer - A Gentlemans game played by Hooligans. Rugby - A Hooligans Game played by Gentlemen.

Thread Information