Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CBR MC19 exhaust options?

Bike
    Bye not coming back
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy_mate View Post
    yeah? haha sounds like a ripper haha i think ill go with the Screaming demon, heard good stuff about them and they come in Carbon fibre shorty can
    Nice post it up! once my other bike completed i wanted a shorty can 2,

let me hear yours when its done -=)

Bike
    1989 Honda CBR250r
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    Don't bother putting an aftermarket muffler on it, just drill some holes in it. Check out the Club 250 forum and have a look what I did on mine. It sounds really nice.
    tried looking for this as i want mine louder.. but dont really want to spend $500 on a new exhaust when i only paid $1650 for the bike. do you have pics of how you did it or are you able to describe? Thanx in advance

Bike
    Your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant493 View Post
    tried looking for this as i want mine louder.. but dont really want to spend $500 on a new exhaust when i only paid $1650 for the bike. do you have pics of how you did it or are you able to describe? Thanx in advance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAgfxvkN5Ys

It was idling high and the camera I used to film it didn't pick the sound up properly, so it sounded way better IRL than in the video. Well worth doing, and the way I did it wasn't excessively loud. I suggest you use a big drill bit, and try putting just a few holes in to start with, then adding more later if you want.

I suggest you use a centre punch to indent the exhaust first, and make a small pilot hole so your drill bit doesn't slip and make a mess of it.

Bike
    1989 Honda CBR250r
    Awesome. probly use a nail or somthing to pilot the holes and get them nice and evenly spaced.. make it look like its supposed to be there. any issues with wof's? or metal shavings falling inside the pipe? ill start with 2 or 4 and see how that goes. cant get the bike out for a while though unfortunately. ill trygive it a go this weekend or next and let you know the results

Bike
    Your mom
    any issues with wof's? or metal shavings falling inside the pipe?
    Not at all. Just take your time and do a tidy job. Line the holes up properly with a ruler or something to make it look at standard as possible.

Bike
    1989 Honda CBR250r
    Not at all. Just take your time and do a tidy job. Line the holes up properly with a ruler or something to make it look at standard as possible.
    Awesome. had a go at this last week. put four holes in it so far. sounds Awesome!! going to put a couple more in soon to give it a bit more punch. not quite enough just yet. ill post up a video once im done. stoked i gave this a go before replacing it!!

Bike
    Your mom
    Awesome. had a go at this last week. put four holes in it so far. sounds Awesome!! going to put a couple more in soon to give it a bit more punch. not quite enough just yet. ill post up a video once im done. stoked i gave this a go before replacing it!!
    Make sure you post us the link to the video once it's all done.

Bike
    1989 Honda CBR250r
    Sooo it is all done and it sounded awesome!! but its currently experiencing some electrical issues so not running and havnt taken the vid yet. as soon as i get it going again i will get it sorted for you all!!

Bike
    Your mom
    but its currently experiencing some electrical issues
    Not fuel pump related, is it?

Bike
    1989 Honda CBR250r
    Not fuel pump related, is it?
    Nope. fuel pump has previously been replaced on this one. rewired it back into the CDI while it was apart though as the guy who did it put it on a switch

Was the Regulator that had gone.. it ended up exploding the new battery i put in and took out my indicator relay as well. 2nd new battery, new regulator and new CDI all in now.

Video of the final sound. So much better!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHmOk...ature=youtu.be

You wouldn't happen to know where i can pick up a flasher relay would you?

Bike
    Windle, MoBuilt, Fireblade, RS250, FZR4
    lol, on my mc19 I just got rid of all the metal between the bigger outer exit pipe and the smaller inner one. This improved the sound and slight performance boost we felt. prob just being louder made it feel better.

anyway, didnt bother with pilot holes etc. wof wont notice if its clean enough. just drilled all of it out.

bound to get metal shavings down in there, where do u think the metal is gonna go? but i started it up and revved it up and shavings were flying out the back so most of it should blow out..

anyway, twas a fine mod. I def would not spend any money on an exhaust system etc.. still prob gonna sound like a sewing machine on steroids.

Thread Information