Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CBR MC19 exhaust options?

Bike
    06 ZX6R
    Blog Entries

CBR MC19 exhaust options?

So i have an Honda CBR 250 MC19
    Looking to get a new exhaust but i dont want stock
    Unfortunately The MC19 is a one piece so i will have to cut it and weld a new exhaust on...
    Any info?? is there aftermarket MC19 axhausts?

Bike
    07 CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy_mate View Post
    So i have an Honda CBR 250 MC19
    Looking to get a new exhaust but i dont want stock
    Unfortunately The MC19 is a one piece so i will have to cut it and weld a new exhaust on...
    Any info?? is there aftermarket MC19 axhausts?
    Hey i was planning on putting a screaming demon MC22 exhaust on mine over the summer, you'll need to cut the exhaust off and weld on a flange onto your exhaust, you can than bolt on an MC22 exhaust straight onto the flange.
    I ordered the flange in off ebay for $35 last week but than i decided not to go ahead with it. The flange is still on the way here from aus but if you want it you can have it for $30 since i dont really need it anymore.

I also bought a derestricted CDI for my bike, still havnt got it yet but cant wait

Bike
    07 CBR600RR
    I thought you were selling your bike??

Bike
    06 ZX6R
    Blog Entries
    Oh i am selling it but again, I want to make it fancy for the last couple of months of my use. haha people dont seem to understand that i love my bike haha. i may take you up on that offer mate! ill get back to you soon

Bike
    06 ZX6R
    Blog Entries
    also what about the airflow? will i need new jets? and how about the fittings? will it actually fit on? or will i need to make new brackets?

Bike
    Your mom
    Don't bother putting an aftermarket muffler on it, just drill some holes in it. Check out the Club 250 forum and have a look what I did on mine. It sounds really nice.

Bike
    07 CBR600RR
    also what about the airflow? will i need new jets? and how about the fittings? will it actually fit on? or will i need to make new brackets?
    you may need to get the jetting done but when i asked the screaming demon guys they said i shouldnt need to tune it. yeah it will fit right assuming you get it done professionally since they need to align it properly and clean the pipes before welding just so that it isnt leaning off to one side and it welds on properly.

i was gonna check the jetting anyway after i put the exhaust on and get the valve clearances checked and carbs cleaned while i was at it. i doubt the jettings need to be changed but they arnt too expensive to do if you do it yourself.

lol DAMNIT you're tempting me to do it!!! agh lol yeah i really wanna upgrade my exhaust but i cant seen to decide if i should do it or save up for my next bike.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    Don't bother putting an aftermarket muffler on it, just drill some holes in it. Check out the Club 250 forum and have a look what I did on mine. It sounds really nice.
    yeah only do that if you're planning on losing craploads of value on it when you come to sell it. while aftermarket exhaust tend to actually keep their value.

Bike
    Your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurrie View Post

yeah only do that if you're planning on losing craploads of value on it when you come to sell it. while aftermarket exhaust tend to actually keep their value.
    I won't lose any money on it come sale time, these bikes sound like a typical tinny little Jappa till you mod the exhaust. You'll have a bit more enthusiasm when you hear just how good my bike sounds now. It's not overly noisy, it just sounds awesome!

Bike
    07 CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    I won't lose any money on it come sale time, these bikes sound like a typical tinny little Jappa till you mod the exhaust. You'll have a bit more enthusiasm when you hear just how good my bike sounds now. It's not overly noisy, it just sounds awesome!
    lol alright i'll save my opinions till i hear it, you going to the wed night ride next week?
    i reckon i'd still prefer the carbon shorty screaming demon, it looks mint + it sounds freaking insane.

Bike
    Your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurrie View Post
    lol alright i'll save my opinions till i hear it, you going to the wed night ride next week?
    i reckon i'd still prefer the carbon shorty screaming demon, it looks mint + it sounds freaking insane.
    I won't be going anywhere on that bike for quite a while. I can't afford to run it.

Bike
    06 ZX6R
    Blog Entries
    Either way I HAVE to replace the MC19 exhaust. the current one is a bit scratched up. Just weighing up my options,

Is it cheaper to:

A, Just replace the exhaust with another Stock MC19 system

or

B, Cut the end, weld a flange on and chuck an MC22 or after market exhaust on

Bike
    07 CBR600RR
    Either way I HAVE to replace the MC19 exhaust. the current one is a bit scratched up. Just weighing up my options,

Is it cheaper to:

A, Just replace the exhaust with another Stock MC19 system

or

B, Cut the end, weld a flange on and chuck an MC22 or after market exhaust on
    an after market branded exhaust will be around $400 installed, i have no idea how much another stock mc19 system would cost though, you'd have to call up a few wreckers and see

Bike
    06 ZX6R
    Blog Entries
    well i know that a new Exhaust system for an MC19 is around $200 for a nice conditioned second hand one.

I dont really mind going second hand Stock but i would prefer an aftermarket Exhaust for a little bit extra.

Bike
    07 CBR600RR
    well i know that a new Exhaust system for an MC19 is around $200 for a nice conditioned second hand one.

I dont really mind going second hand Stock but i would prefer an aftermarket Exhaust for a little bit extra.
    its really up to you mate, the reason i wanted to change mine was just for the extra sound and looks, my one is abit scratched and slightly dented from leaning too far on the track

Bike
    06 ZX6R
    Blog Entries
    yeah... i need to get a quote on the price to cut it, weld it and put an new exhaust on... then i will need to find an exhaust.. Any ideas? Im keen for that flange mate!

Thread Information