Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S

DB1k 2011 official thread

• 22nd January
    • Start in Fairlie
    • Modified southern route
    • Overnight in Alex for two day riders
    • BBQ at Gladstone Pub in Fairlie on Friday Night
    • Costs - $5 for sticker, $10 for Black Forest.

Accommodation Friday Night
    Gladstone is happy to run the BnB deal they had last year. $42.50 per person. Please PM me if you want a bed but have a look at my webpage first for room options. First in first served as numbers a limited. List of people is on my webpage.
    Other accommodation options here.

Accommodation Saturday Night
    Alex Holiday Park is happy to run the Linen, Bed and Kitchen Facilities deal they had last year. $35 per person. Please PM me if you want a bed at the Holiday Park. First in first served as numbers a limited to 29 beds. List of people is on my webpage.

Pre Ride BBQ on Friday Night
    The Gladstone pub in Fairlie are happy to host us for a BBQ again this year. $12 per person. Please PM me if you want to attend the BBQ. List of people is on my webpage. I need to let our hosts know numbers by Christmas.

Route Information
    Over on my website there are two pages. This link takes you to the page with the Roll Chart, Accommodation lists and BBQ list but nothing else. Only click this link if you want to see the route maps, GPS files and route information on the MAPS page.

As with last year there will be $10 gate fee for Black Forest Station.

Ride Etiquette/Safety
    The runs to date have shown that small groups (2-4) of mates is best for the one day run. The same applies to the two day riders i.e. form smaller groups. As with previous runs there is no support for the one day riders. All Riders are expected to carry everything they need from food and water, first aid gear, tools, spares etc. Also there is limited cell phone coverage for most of the route. A sweep vehicle is not be officially organised but is somebody is willing please let me know. The same applies to a vehicle to carry luggage to Alex Holiday Park and back.

Ride Stickers
    These will be available for all those who attempt the ride. They will cost $5 each. 50 have been ordered. First in first served at the BBQ on the Friday night.

Money
    I will collect $10 Black Forest fee, $12 BBQ cost and sell you a $5 sticker (if you want one) all at the BBQ. If you stay at the Gladstone or Alex Holiday Park, please pay your accommodation moneies to them directly.

Calendars
    Just so I have a rough idea of the number of riders please add you name to one of the calendars below if you intend to join the ride.
    * ONE Day riders Calendar
    * TWO Day riders Calendar

Final Word
    There is no "entry fee", there is no registration, this is not an organised ride in the legal sense. This ride is simply a bunch of people following the same route at their own pace along publicly accessible tracks. I take no responsibility for any issues be they self inflicted or not. I will however endeavour to ensure that there are no right of passage issues along the route. You all need to ensure your bike its up to the task. There will not be a scrutineering or similar.

Be there or be square

Right feel free to use this thread to organise how you will get to Fairlie, accommodation etc.

Cheers R

P.S. if you are not a KB member and would like to join the ride please contact me at advroutes@gmail.com
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Yay, have added my name to the 2-day list.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    blackbird,africa twin,xt600,xt 600tenere
    me too....woohoo.....must not forget pain killers and anti inflam tablets..

Bike
    DR 650
    I'm in.Be rude not to.

Come on Helen you know you want to

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Awesome lots of names on the calendars already.

I'm having technical issues getting my website sorted so please bear with me.

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Yippee kai aye. 2 dayer for me.
    Now just have to start thinking about which route to take to Fairlie, and back.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Webpage sorted and some fancy lists on it.

Cheers R

Bike
    3 black ones
    how do u add yourself to the fancy accom list

i would like to be added to the single room fri and the sat night accom

Bike
    Me too ......

Bike
    Col-just booked us a single room each for fri night plus bbq ......

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    I PM'd / spoke to cooneyr and asked him to add me but I'm skipping the BBQ (want a real tea then will join you after for the briefing).
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Please contact me directly via PM or email me at advroutes@gmail.com if you want your name on one the lists over on my website. I'm acting as agent for the Gladstone and Alex Holiday park so they don't have to field a bunch of calls.

Cheers R

Bike
    F800GS
    Oh o.k. if I must......

I be there, will sort accom soon

Bike
    '01 Honda Transalp '99 Honda CBR 600
    Count me in. Not sure what I'll be riding, as my garage is in a state of flux....
    Nobody knows what human life is, why we come, why we go,
    so why then do I know, I will see you in far off places?
    Stephen Patrick Morrissey

Bike
    silly green dirt bike..........DOH
    Blog Entries
    im allowed one big bike trip next year..........and this is going to be it....

SOim going to do get my ass on that boat.

and see ya, as i tour my way down a couple days earlier....

any one else going from nuth iland..

JMJ
    I FEEL THE NEED, THE NEED FOR SPEED
    my ride picshttp://picasaweb.google.com/sueycarter
    other ride pics http://picasaweb.google.com/113645336286831595353

Thread Information