Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 'Issues' with boyfriend and bikes

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    really? Being a pillion scares the crap out of me!
    Its a trust and a confidence thing...she is not that confident riding a bike and....(the silly girl)....trusts Moi within limits of speed and riding style. She has no hesitation asking me to slow if she is uneasy and in true team fashion, we do slow down

Bike
    KTM 530 exc 2010

Thumbs up Take the bike

Quote Originally Posted by steelphoenix View Post
    I'm a learner, which is awesome. I pootle around every weekend on boyfriend's bike (Yamaha Scorpio, cute zippy little thing), I'm not too bad (hill starts still need work), and I'm planning on getting a bike once I get my Restricted - gives me time to save up a decent amount for a deposit. I'm 25, so it won't be that long.

The problem is that all of a sudden, boyfriend doesn't want me to get a bike/licence. He's the one who initially taught me the basics, too, so it's not as if he doesn't know that I'm okay on a bike.

Also, I'm the acknowledged Safety Queen, ATGATT and all that - and he far too often heads off, jacket flapping in the breeze and helmet unfastened (and no other gear).

Is there any way to deal with this/make it less of a contentious issue, because I really do want a bike (running costs, parking, FUN)! I love him to bits, but I'm confused by the suddenness of this, and the sheer nonsensical crazy of it (double standards much?).

Any advice, Angels?
    Get the FKN bike !!! he will learn to live with it if not call me

Bike
    05 Honda VFR 800
    Blog Entries
    go for it i was on the back with hubby now i ride my own and love it .. would never give my bike up for him..... and he would not ask......

ah mom lol ...
    LITTLE BLUE HONDA

Bike
    Geriatric Kwakas + dragqueen hyperscoot
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    heck some of those guys have bigger tits than I do, and thats saying a lot

Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    id like to see a photo to see if shes worthy of two man attention, or if shes full of shit . . .
    If the guys think so then she is..get over it

Quote Originally Posted by davebullet View Post
    Mrs. B and I are going on our first combined camping expedition. Just bought her a pack for her rack (bike rack that is KBers). Just need to sort out a comfy mattress for tent nookie.
    Kathmandu, self-inflating mats. get the 7.5 cm ones

Quote Originally Posted by Argyle View Post
    Two boyfriends is wierd....
    not true.If this wasnt a public forum I'd tell you a weird situation I found myself in about 5 years ago. now THAT was weird

personally, I have had a few men over the years say 'we could sell your bike and buy us a ..." suffice to say we parted company fairly rapidly. There are some honeys tho, my hubby bought me 3 bikes just cos I like them. He couldnt ride and had no interest in riding.
    feralconnection Ltd
    Leather lettering and seat rebuilds
    Gear alterations and repairs
    PM me and lets talk
    !

Bike
    2005 FZS1000 "Tasha"
    interesting - the thought that some people think they have the right to control their partners ... and have partners that allow them to think that's mebbe OK by even considering it.

talk to the bloke - ask why
    if the answer isn't acceptable, tell him why

either way - you both get to choose

life's too short
    ... ...

Grass wedges its way between the closest blocks of marble and it brings them down. This power of feeble life which can creep in anywhere is greater than that of the mighty behind their cannons....... - Honore de Balzac

Bike
    2007 GSX1000R
    Quote Originally Posted by steelphoenix View Post
    I'm a learner, which is awesome. I pootle around every weekend on boyfriend's bike (Yamaha Scorpio, cute zippy little thing), I'm not too bad (hill starts still need work), and I'm planning on getting a bike once I get my Restricted - gives me time to save up a decent amount for a deposit. I'm 25, so it won't be that long.

The problem is that all of a sudden, boyfriend doesn't want me to get a bike/licence. He's the one who initially taught me the basics, too, so it's not as if he doesn't know that I'm okay on a bike.

Also, I'm the acknowledged Safety Queen, ATGATT and all that - and he far too often heads off, jacket flapping in the breeze and helmet unfastened (and no other gear).

Is there any way to deal with this/make it less of a contentious issue, because I really do want a bike (running costs, parking, FUN)! I love him to bits, but I'm confused by the suddenness of this, and the sheer nonsensical crazy of it (double standards much?).

Any advice, Angels?
    Do what you want - I ride and love it. If anyone told me I couldn't do it - they wouldn't be worth it. Life is what you make it. Fortunately for me, my partner taught me to ride and supported me all the way. Now I ride as good as he does. Go girl, do what your heart wants

Bike
    blackbird,africa twin,xt600,xt 600tenere
    Get the bike and change your man....

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by thepom View Post
    Get the bike and change your man....
    get a rich man who will buy you a bike!

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    get a rich man who will buy you a bike!
    I think my wife might object

Bike
    Geriatric Kwakas + dragqueen hyperscoot
    maybe we should have measured your wallet instead of your thumb the other night??? would the result have been as impressive tho?
    feralconnection Ltd
    Leather lettering and seat rebuilds
    Gear alterations and repairs
    PM me and lets talk
    !

Thread Information