Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Restoring a 1986 Suzuki NZ250

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by petebike3 View Post
    thanks for all your helps,cant even get them new from suzuki anymore,might have to get one made as a last resort,shame to scrap the bike for the sake of a piston,and been scouring the adds for any more that may be for sale but nothing out there at the minute
    The motor was based on a DR 250 motor. Perhaps same pistons?

Here a chap that tried to sell NZ 250 side covers last week but nobody wanted them. Ask him to re list or post on any of his other auctions:
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-335894142.htm

May the bridges I burn light the way.

Follow Vinny's MX racing on www.mxvinny.com

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries
    Deviant Esq (KB member) also had one some time a go...

Our one:

Bike
    1985 NZ250

Thanks James

Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    I don't have a piston (sorry Pete), but I may have a spare tailight assembly - I'll rat around in the boxes this weekend.
    I am crossing my fingers on the taillight assembly. I am close to just making this bike into a crazy Mad Max kinda ride. I would rather restore her if I can though.

Bike
    1985 NZ250

Thanks Conquiztador

Quote Originally Posted by Conquiztador View Post
    The motor was based on a DR 250 motor. Perhaps same pistons?

Here a chap that tried to sell NZ 250 side covers last week but nobody wanted them. Ask him to re list or post on any of his other auctions:
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-335894142.htm
    Ya I saw those on TradeMe. Since I am from American Samoa the website won't let me have an account. NZ only I guess. I must admit I was able to fool the website at first and buy an original NZ250 service manual a guy was selling. Not sure why TradeMe wont let others use the site but that a discussion for another place.

Bike
    1985 NZ250

Thanks gammaguy

Quote Originally Posted by gammaguy View Post
    easy to get one from japan,they run about NZD 100 plus freight.for a good used one

let me know if you need one
    Can you give me the website where I could find one? I have been hunting all over.

Bike
    1985 NZ250

Good advice

Quote Originally Posted by hayd3n View Post
    if you can get hold of some rust kill paint, paint the spokes with that give them a scotch bite up and paint them that will stop the spokes rusting anymore
    Thanks man. I will give that a try. I am getting new tires soon anyway and that would be a good time to do it.

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobnims View Post
    Ya I saw those on TradeMe. Since I am from American Samoa the website won't let me have an account. NZ only I guess. I must admit I was able to fool the website at first and buy an original NZ250 service manual a guy was selling. Not sure why TradeMe wont let others use the site but that a discussion for another place.
    If you want them I will buy them for you and then you can pay me for them and postage to AS.

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries
    Thanks man. I will give that a try. I am getting new tires soon anyway and that would be a good time to do it.
    I can also respoke wheels...

Bike
    raptor 1000
    a man of many talents

Bike
    1985 NZ250

Thanks man!

If you want them I will buy them for you and then you can pay me for them and postage to AS.
    That would be very cool of you to do that for me. I have always liked the way biker people help each other out in the states and it's cool to see it's that way around the world as well. If you can email me at bob.nims@gmail.com we can discuss the transaction.

I really appreciate it man. Thank you.

Bob

Bike
    1985 NZ250

Oh the resemblance

Our one:

My bike is starting to look almost the same. I have been painting everything with black primer and rust inhibitor. I actually like the flat black. Looks pretty cool

Bike
    1985 NZ250

Question

Our one:

On your bike pic I noticed you have three silver connection points on the fairing where normally the push spikes would be. Are you using something else to hold them on?

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries
    On your bike pic I noticed you have three silver connection points on the fairing where normally the push spikes would be. Are you using something else to hold them on?
    Yep. S/S philips counter sunk screws. The plugs that are there originally break off so I used the screws and fitted nuts for fastening on the frame. Was thinking later that I could have used black steel dome capscrews with a rubber/plastic washer under. But never got round to it. And as she was not a show pony the only thing we wanted to achieve was to get rid of the black duct tape that used to keep them together.

And sofar I have had no luck with trying to get in contact with the TM member who had the side covers for sale. But I keep trying.

Bike
    1985 NZ250

Cool thanks

Yep. S/S philips counter sunk screws. The plugs that are there originally break off so I used the screws and fitted nuts for fastening on the frame. Was thinking later that I could have used black steel dome capscrews with a rubber/plastic washer under. But never got round to it. And as she was not a show pony the only thing we wanted to achieve was to get rid of the black duct tape that used to keep them together.

And sofar I have had no luck with trying to get in contact with the TM member who had the side covers for sale. But I keep trying.
    I appreciate man. Have a great Christmas

Bike
    1985 NZ250

I actually found an NZ250 that is being parted out

I was able to get my tail light assembly and a few other parts I needed. Finally my project can move ahead. If you guys need my suppliers info just email me at bob.nims@gmail.com.

Thread Information