Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bike Riding Virgin

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    GN250 at that price sounds good as you won't take too much of a hit yourself when it comes time to sell it. Nice easy bike to ride to learn on ... and if you're only here for another 3 months, learning is all you'll be doing ... everytime you go out on the road. Makes sense to make it easy on yourself and I don't think that you'll start yearning for more power in that period so it's probably an ideal position to be in. 3 months on a gentle bike will give you a good feel for what you want 'over there'.
    Umm, fairings are easier to fix than casings? Depends how much fairing you're talking about ... depends how much casing you're talking about ... and bear in mind that depending on how you drop a faired bike, the fairings won't necessarily protect the casings so you might be up for the expense of both.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    2010 Yamaha XT250, 2008 BMW F650 Dakar
    I picked up my bike in Wanganui and drove it to Auckland 1 week after I got my learners. The advice I was given was not to drive at 70 on the open road unless I had a death wish (from a very reputable instructor too I might add). I drove at the speed of the surrounding traffic (give or take a few k). It was a damn fine way to get some confidence about the bike quickly. I took an experienced rider with me and he stuck with me the whole way (much to his credit given that he was on a VTR1000! There was definitely the odd wheelie happening when he got really bored!). I'd say go for it, enjoy it and take someone with you.

Bike
    RVF 400 (HRC Mod.)
    Just be careful Girlygirl I have a friend who bought that model recently....great bike but 2nd hand is usually cos they are a bit Asthmatic ; ) or have factory born niggles
    If I had a GF I'd like only ride 5 times a week!

Bike
    RVF 400 (HRC Mod.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurygnomes

Have conflicting advice from two older riders: one says I should go with the GN250 for sale (after popping down to Wellington Mcycles to see what the riding position is and whether I can stand it) because the guys taken a $1500 (inc reg) depreciation hit on a 4month old bike, and another says 'fairings are easier to fix than casings'...referring to waht will scrape across the ground when I come off it.

ARGH!!! I'm tempted to take my dad's advice (GN250) but he's the one who got me into this whole science mess to start off with
    P.S. Esp tx to Xp@ (nice moniker!), for the advice on gears.
    All I can say is you are going to the UK...money that you have now is worth 1/3rd over there...sooooo get the course done first and foremost..get the full L, then buy a good clean cheap bike..what eva brand/CC size so you can just keep in practice!! However you said you are going soon ...so how would you get all the license stuff done inside 12 weeks if you are leaving soon???

BTW blonde or Brunnette??
    If I had a GF I'd like only ride 5 times a week!

Bike
    2006 r6
    i'm not so sure you need to buy the bike thinking of costs when you bail off it. lots of the girls i know heven't had a (big) spill yet- think girls are a bit more mello- might depend on your personality a bit- how much of a crazy sped junkie you are... just buy something, point forward and hit go....

Bike
    2006 r6
    bugga just realised you already got yo wheels aint ya?

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by surfchick
    bugga just realised you already got yo wheels aint ya?
    Wanna change feet - I can help ...
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    *sob* Nothing doing...
    Okay...the bike is apparently in Hamilton - ready to be tied down and brought to Wellington on Thurs/Fri! I'm SOOO excited. It's the GN250 - and the Whangerei Suzuki guys had a look for me and stated that it was in good nick - so we're all go (soon!!!!).

Hey Monkey99: Brunette. Definitely. With Pink aspirations!

Bike
    Need to get one

Talking

Hi, I'm fairly new to this site and have not posted a message on here before. So here goes my questin.
    I used to ride my boyfriends (now ex boyfriend) Kawaski bike. I'm still on my learners had wanted to sit my restricted for the last couple of months. Seems I don't have a bike, where would be the best place to buy a second hand one and what type of bike would be the best for someone still learning. I know i can only still have a 250cc

Bike
    *sob* Nothing doing...
    Hey Learner. Everyone has opinions on the best bike to get...there are loads of threads on that topic. Ranges from sporty models - naked bikes (like the GN250 that I've purchased). Let me know when you get one, maybe we could set up a ride down here for 250's - like PlacidFemme is setting up in Auckland. I need as much road practise as possible!
    It is easier to accept the message of the stars than the message of the salt desert. The stars speak of man's insignificance in the long eternity of time; the desert speaks of his insignificance right now. - Edwin Way Teale 1956

Bike
    Need to get one

Talking

Awesome, thanks for the info. Not a problem. I'll let you know when I get one. My be the end of the year yet as I'm off to Rarotonga shortly for a holiday

Thread Information