Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7" Apad. Is it worth getting?

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by KiWiP View Post
    Reviews look good and an affordable alternative to the iPad bit difficult to know the apps but Android is building a market fast and wouldn't be at all surprised if they take over from Apple in the next year.
    LOL - Android has already passed the iPhone/iPad OS. This device is Android 2.1, the same OS that is in dozens of different models of cell phones. The Android OS is the 2nd most popular OS for cell phones behind Symbian used on Nokia. There may be more apps in the Apple store, but so many people are using Android that you KNOW there will be a fuck-tonne of apps coming out over the next year.
    Android is put out by Google, that is a pretty big company backing this OS.

The device in question - undoubtedly rubbish, but still probably worth it for $129. Don't be surprised if it fails within a year, but if it is really useful it could be worth replacing it with a new Samsung (or whatever) running Android 2.2 (or newer). It could be worth buying the cheapo just to test run the form factor & OS rather than spend twice as much or more and find that the gadget just doesn't appeal.
    With luck by the time it dies the better ones will have dropped in price by $100 and improved in performance & features and you will be better off than if you had bought a high quality one now.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    LOL - Android has already passed the iPhone/iPad OS. This device is Android 2.1, the same OS that is in dozens of different models of cell phones. The Android OS is the 2nd most popular OS for cell phones behind Symbian used on Nokia. There may be more apps in the Apple store, but so many people are using Android that you KNOW there will be a fuck-tonne of apps coming out over the next year.
    Android is put out by Google, that is a pretty big company backing this OS.

The device in question - undoubtedly rubbish, but still probably worth it for $129. Don't be surprised if it fails within a year, but if it is really useful it could be worth replacing it with a new Samsung (or whatever) running Android 2.2 (or newer). It could be worth buying the cheapo just to test run the form factor & OS rather than spend twice as much or more and find that the gadget just doesn't appeal.
    With luck by the time it dies the better ones will have dropped in price by $100 and improved in performance & features and you will be better off than if you had bought a high quality one now.
    Thank you. Have put my order in.

May the bridges I burn light the way.

Follow Vinny's MX racing on www.mxvinny.com

Bike
    2005 Z750S
    Quote Originally Posted by Conquiztador View Post
    Thank you. Have put my order in.
    Let us know how it goes... write a review?
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.

Bike
    Trans NZ Broliner
    I have been a netbook user for 2 years now, starting with the 8.9" cheapo N250, now 10.1" N270, better models with 2gb ram and newer N450 processors.

The limitation for me is the inability to play HD, I dont game, so find basic netbooks fine for my needs.

re APAD: Going to a 7" screen of low quality will never be an option for me, and I like a keyboard so I can post on KB and email people with ease.
    Churches are monuments to self importance

Thread Information